GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 20:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jul 2017
Posts: 39
Schools: Haas '22 (I)
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2020, 16:25
Not sure if thisi s the right thread/sub forum to ask on , but got a waitlist from my Round 2 app EWMBA at Berkeley.



I was disappointed to hear this. From what I understand most of these programs have NO ONE exit the waitlist some years. So it it worth trying to work on this anymore?

Some questions

1) who can I ask for an application review, can I write a letter to have them reconsider their decision, factors that may have changed?

2) Any other factors to help push a decision? Ie I am interested in doing research there, considering my background in engineering, how can I demonstrate this as I can't reach out to professors without being a student there yet?

3)I didn't apply for scholarships by the march deadline as every mba program i applied to has a seperate application and deadlines, for a program I may not get into. Is there still a way, if I do get in, to apply afterwards?
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
V
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2850
Location: United States (CA)
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2020, 04:48
1
Okay first of all begging them to change their mind is only going to insult them and it's not going to work.

What you would need to do is offer new information for their consideration. So you would want to ponder upon what you've achieved in terms of impact leadership and contribution since you applied.

If your test score is relatively low for over-represented minorities then fix that.

It would be worthwhile for you to have someone review your application to understand where the weaknesses are so that you can devise a strategy from there.

And then at that point you might want to schedule a time with them I just got an email about how they are setting appointments to talk on the phone with people.

But I would not do that until you have what clarity about why you're on the waitlist and what you plan to offer them.

Farrell,

In light of the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, we are continuing to offer virtual advising appointments with members of our admissions team.

These appointments allow you to learn more about Haas, open up a dialogue with admissions, and get your questions answered. Each appointment is held over a video or voice call allowing for a more productive and enriching experience than exchanging emails or attending a webinar.

Advising appointments normally take place Monday - Thursday between 10 AM - 12 PM and 2 - 4 PM PDT.

If you’re looking for more general information, we are also offering weekday Q&A sessions at 9 AM and 1 PM PDT.



gabagolemafia wrote:
Not sure if thisi s the right thread/sub forum to ask on , but got a waitlist from my Round 2 app EWMBA at Berkeley.



I was disappointed to hear this. From what I understand most of these programs have NO ONE exit the waitlist some years. So it it worth trying to work on this anymore?

Some questions

1) who can I ask for an application review, can I write a letter to have them reconsider their decision, factors that may have changed?

2) Any other factors to help push a decision? Ie I am interested in doing research there, considering my background in engineering, how can I demonstrate this as I can't reach out to professors without being a student there yet?

3)I didn't apply for scholarships by the march deadline as every mba program i applied to has a seperate application and deadlines, for a program I may not get into. Is there still a way, if I do get in, to apply afterwards?


Posted from my mobile device
_________________
I get applicants into elite MBA programs. What has made me successful is the combination of my coaching, marketing and editing skills. I'm life coach - where the client's desire for a top MBA is the catalyst for their transformation.
Verified reviews posted on https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Mar 2019
Posts: 9
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:57
Hello,
Does anyone know when the semester fees are due after the deposit on April 28th? I am on the waitlist for the kellogg full time program and was wondering what the timeline would look like to make final decisions. Any insight would be great!

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 2.9
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 11:18
Did anyone get invite to the new admits slack channel yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2016
Posts: 12
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 11:48
confidentiality wrote:
Did anyone get invite to the new admits slack channel yet?


Not yet for me.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 22 Nov 2016
Posts: 245
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 14:22
darrenaptx wrote:
confidentiality wrote:
Did anyone get invite to the new admits slack channel yet?


Not yet for me.

Posted from my mobile device


Got it at 2:37 pm PST today.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 11:58
confidentiality wrote:
Did anyone get invite to the new admits slack channel yet?


Did you accept the offer, pay the fee and create the Cal ID? Few or all of these are required to be finished first. Also, it takes 24-48 hours after processing of fee that you get en email for the calId. And later on the Slack invite.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 2.9
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 12:37
I believe all rd 2 admits have slack access now.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 22 Nov 2016
Posts: 245
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 14:37
1
You don’t have to pay any fee. Just accept the statement of intent and create cal ID. The fee is the last thing you need to secure your place. I am on both Wharton and Haas admit list until I decide which one to I want to attend.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Feb 2019
Posts: 14
Location: United States (CA)
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 07:53
sasyaharry wrote:
You don’t have to pay any fee. Just accept the statement of intent and create cal ID. The fee is the last thing you need to secure your place. I am on both Wharton and Haas admit list until I decide which one to I want to attend.

Posted from my mobile device


Hi there- What are your deciding factors? Just curious as I was looking at Wharton as well.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 22 Nov 2016
Posts: 245
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 08:00
1
bremners87 wrote:
sasyaharry wrote:
You don’t have to pay any fee. Just accept the statement of intent and create cal ID. The fee is the last thing you need to secure your place. I am on both Wharton and Haas admit list until I decide which one to I want to attend.

Posted from my mobile device


Hi there- What are your deciding factors? Just curious as I was looking at Wharton as well.


In no particular order.

1. Depth and breath of my peers.
2. Where alumni are currently w.r.t design leadership positions.
3. I am over the 80% median age, and don't want to be the "wise uncle" in the class. Looking at cohort age too.
4. ROI (have a merit award from Wharton, waiting for Haas to respond)

What about you? PM me if you want to talk over the phone. Would love to discuss.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Location: United States (TX)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.27
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2020, 11:25
Any thoughts on how to think between Kellogg vs Haas part time MBA programs? Anyone here have both admits and thinking between the two?
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
V
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2850
Location: United States (CA)
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2020, 11:33
What questions are coming up for you?
madhav175 wrote:
Any thoughts on how to think between Kellogg vs Haas part time MBA programs? Anyone here have both admits and thinking between the two?


Posted from my mobile device
_________________
I get applicants into elite MBA programs. What has made me successful is the combination of my coaching, marketing and editing skills. I'm life coach - where the client's desire for a top MBA is the catalyst for their transformation.
Verified reviews posted on https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Location: United States (TX)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.27
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2020, 11:45
I live in Austin, Texas and ideally would like to stay here during MBA(personal reasons)

Commute- Kellogg-Chicago is an earlier commute than Haas - SFO or Oakland. Thinking about 2 years of travelling for close to 100 weekends +Kellogg

Network in the tech sector. I'm a Product Manager and want to stay in the PM track post MBA. Haas seems to have a better network in the tech sector. +Haas

Long term goal. Want to switch careers from Tech to Impact investing in late seed- stage accelerator in social sector. Not too worried about this since both schools provide similar opportunities for career switchers.

Brand name
Both schools are among the top 10 schools in US and are well known( Strong alumni network) outside US. Does brand name matter between Kellogg vs Haas if post MBA short term goal is to stay in Tech?
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
V
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2850
Location: United States (CA)
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2020, 12:03
It seems like you've really gone out of your way to avoid doing this at Texas. So I'm imagining that maybe you don't want to be in Austin forever.

Well Berkeley might be stronger in tech, Kellogg is definitely stronger or just as strong in product management. So I think I would maybe call that a wash.

Have you done a lot of alumni interviews and spoken with people who are doing the thing that you want to be doing post-mba?

With regards to International reputation Kellogg is stronger for sure. I know that I sound anti Berkeley here and I'm not I love Berkeley but if you plan to take your MBA abroad Kellogg is the winner on that.

Because you're not changing careers directly out of the program, it might be meaningful to you that Kellogg offers lifetime career coaching.

That said it's generally a well-known fact that you should focus on your post-mba goal and really think Which school is going to give you the greatest likelihood of reaching that goal. the real Roi of an MBA is realized through the post MBA goal. A little bit different for part-timers but still true



madhav175 wrote:
I live in Austin, Texas and ideally would like to stay here during MBA(personal reasons)

Commute- Kellogg-Chicago is an earlier commute than Haas - SFO or Oakland. Thinking about 2 years of travelling for close to 100 weekends +Kellogg

Network in the tech sector. I'm a Product Manager and want to stay in the PM track post MBA. Haas seems to have a better network in the tech sector. +Haas

Long term goal. Want to switch careers from Tech to Impact investing in late seed- stage accelerator in social sector. Not too worried about this since both schools provide similar opportunities for career switchers.

Brand name
Both schools are among the top 10 schools in US and are well known( Strong alumni network) outside US. Does brand name matter between Kellogg vs Haas if post MBA short term goal is to stay in Tech?


Posted from my mobile device
_________________
I get applicants into elite MBA programs. What has made me successful is the combination of my coaching, marketing and editing skills. I'm life coach - where the client's desire for a top MBA is the catalyst for their transformation.
Verified reviews posted on https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Location: United States (TX)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.27
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2020, 12:23
Thanks much for the thoughtful reply.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2020
Posts: 7
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V34
GRE 1: Q164 V157
GPA: 2.79
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 10:19
What are your thoughts regarding Haas moving the fall semester to distance learning due to COVID-19? The main reason I chose this program was to attend classes and network with my classmates in person.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 22 Nov 2016
Posts: 245
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 10:48
Every school is in the same situation. So it comes down to ROI. The applications are counter cyclical to the economy. If things look similar or bleak next year there will be more people applying.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Location: United States (TX)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.27
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 10:56
sasyaharry Did you decide between Wharton Exec MBA and Haas EWMBA?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 22 Nov 2016
Posts: 245
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 10:58
I am almost there. ? tearing me apart. Waiting for a few more inputs from some folks. Trying to get both alumni and non alumni perspectives across age groups.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2020, 10:58

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 171 posts ] 

Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: variantguy






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne