GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 02 Jul 2020, 08:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 15:04
How long after your app admission (Haas, Wharton, UCLA, etc) do you have before deposit/decision is required?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2020, 12:53
In at Haas, just got portal update.

I've been admitted to USC, Haas, and Wharton. I asked UCLA for an early decision last month because USC gave me an exploding offer, and they said not gonna happen (so I'm not going to tell them I've already matriculated at Wharton... because ya, they suck for not being flexible and not replying to any of my emails for literally 3 weeks until I CC'd the dean of admissions. crazy bad customer service).

It was a hard choice between Haas and Wharton, but I've already had 2 job interviews during COVID just by putting Wharton on my CV... it's gonna open more doors IMO during my career, but ya, sucks that it costs so much $$$$$.

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.27
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2020, 13:32
GJN Congrats on multiple admits. Do you mind sharing how you made the decision between Haas EWMBA and Wharton Exec MBA? Curious to know your thought process and deciding factors.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2020, 13:51
nobody1521 wrote:
GJN Congrats on multiple admits. Do you mind sharing how you made the decision between Haas EWMBA and Wharton Exec MBA? Curious to know your thought process and deciding factors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s42gOg2WSU

primarily based on this :)
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 07:38
GJN wrote:
In at Haas, just got portal update.

I've been admitted to USC, Haas, and Wharton. I asked UCLA for an early decision last month because USC gave me an exploding offer, and they said not gonna happen (so I'm not going to tell them I've already matriculated at Wharton... because ya, they suck for not being flexible and not replying to any of my emails for literally 3 weeks until I CC'd the dean of admissions. crazy bad customer service).

It was a hard choice between Haas and Wharton, but I've already had 2 job interviews during COVID just by putting Wharton on my CV... it's gonna open more doors IMO during my career, but ya, sucks that it costs so much $$$$$.

Good luck everyone!

"but I've already had 2 job interviews during COVID just by putting Wharton on my CV" - this. I feel like this is very subjective to your background and deciding between these two programs comes down to what you want from the short term. In the current scenario, Wharton's high price tag seems unjustified but that's my opinion. There are several factors to consider from my perspective apart from the obvious brand difference.
1. Access to full campus - You can drive to Haas any weekday (once restrictions are lifted)
2. Full career management group at Haas vs 1 person in SF
3. Lower cost that has a higher ROI.
4. More electives at Haas
5. A personal thing- more Haas alumni are at intersection of design + strategy
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2020, 08:50
nobody1521 wrote:
sasyaharry Did you decide between Wharton Exec MBA and Haas EWMBA?

After a lot of thinking, talking to alumni, friends, parents and attending sessions, I have decided to go to Haas. I will be calling Wharton and reneging today. The decision was especially difficult given the pedigree of both schools. However, my short term goals align with Haas. If I were in a Director role trying to get into C level, Wharton would be a clear winner.

I attended a sit in class in Jan at Wharton and was impressed. I also attended a virtual Finance class at Haas and was equally impressed. For me the learning is as important as the connections. At Haas a lot of people are in my situation - no finance background, want to switch to a management role, a younger mindset. With Wharton the pressure to perform and switch careers will be higher given the obvious looming debt over my head (214k).
Even if Haas does not offer me any scholarship (which seems unlikely since I am using Wharton's offer to counter), there seems to be a deeper sense of bonding and connections that lead to a stronger learning experience.
The Haas slack channel is buzzing with information and the program office is really great. Lots of informative sessions (especially vital in these times) and constant communication with students.
The Wharton slack channel is mostly current students doing their own thing with little interaction between graduating class and program office. I am not dismissing what the current students are doing but at this time I need more information.
Both schools are great but it comes down to fit and finish.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 08:57
Has anyone asked Adcom about the R4 decision/release date? Their website mentions June 5th but with the current situation I’ve been told other schools are releasing earlier. Any ideas if they (Haas) will be releasing decisions at an earlier date?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2020, 09:27
No idea. Is there a Haas EWMBA WL thread for 2020 intake?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 2.96

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 14:14
bremners87 wrote:
Has anyone asked Adcom about the R4 decision/release date? Their website mentions June 5th but with the current situation I’ve been told other schools are releasing earlier. Any ideas if they (Haas) will be releasing decisions at an earlier date?

I wish! I’m round 3 and waiting for the same decision date. Maybe you should ask them...
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.21

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2020, 12:16
I am at the video interview stage. I am quite nervous about this. Everyone has indicated this is relatively straightforward and easy. Am I overthinking this? Any tips?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 12:04
conry31 wrote:
bremners87 wrote:

I wish! I’m round 3 and waiting for the same decision date. Maybe you should ask them...

I reached out and they said they are “on schedule to release decisions by EOD June 5th”. Looks like we have a few more weeks, good luck everyone!

Jw - Is there anyone else on here that will (potentially) be flying in on the weekends?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 17:46
I imagine the pandemic will drive international enrollment down. Is anyone applying with the new Cal Advantage program? I can't post a link since I'm too new of a user.

From May through June 2020, UC Berkeley seniors and alumni of all programs (undergraduate and graduate) are invited to apply to the Haas School of Business for fall 2020 enrollment through Cal Advantage, an exclusive, streamlined application process:

GMAT/GRE/EA test scores are optional1
Only one letter of recommendation required
Only one essay required
Option to provide resume after admission

1. Exclusions: Cal seniors are still required to submit a GMAT or GRE standardized test score, which may be provided from an online or in-person exam.

It does seem like a cash grab lol, waiving the gmat/gre requirement for alumni, but also a good opportunity. Good luck to everyone in these final rounds.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 17:48
bremners87 wrote:
conry31 wrote:
bremners87 wrote:

Jw - Is there anyone else on here that will (potentially) be flying in on the weekends?

I would be flying up from Los Angeles!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2020, 13:32
MBA7915 wrote:
bremners87 wrote:
conry31 wrote:
bremners87 wrote:

Awesome! Would love to hear your thought process, shoot me a pm if you want to chat.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 12:04
bremners87 wrote:
MBA7915 wrote:
bremners87 wrote:
conry31 wrote:
bremners87 wrote:

Awesome! Would love to hear your thought process, shoot me a pm if you want to chat.

Yes, will do as soon as I hear back from UC Haas.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GRE 1: Q158 V163
GPA: 2.92
WE: Information Technology (Education)

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 09:28
MBA7915 wrote:
bremners87 wrote:

Yes, will do as soon as I hear back from UC Haas.

Planning on flying in from Los Angeles as well if I can get in! Submitted the app on 5/19.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 09:43
Decisions for R3 are due Friday. Did anyone hear anything yet?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 10:53
lionnyc wrote:

Nope, based on the dates and manner of notice from last year, I am expecting we all hear when it goes up on the application portal. Meaning no calls and probably everyone finds out Friday at once.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2020, 07:07
conry31 wrote:
lionnyc wrote:

Nope, based on the dates and manner of notice from last year, I am expecting we all hear when it goes up on the application portal. Meaning no calls and probably everyone finds out Friday at once.

I did this research too and went back a couple of years. Last year the notification method changed to strictly through the portal with decisions being released only on the release date. Of five decisions since the change 4 were between 10:50 and noon (based on GMAT CLUB reporting) and one was 2:00 pm. Given the apparent complexity of this year's application pool I am expecting it to take until late afternoon tomorrow.

No point in stressing about it today folks, in fact, put it out of your minds until 11:00 am tomorrow. Cheers and good luck to all of you!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 2.99

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2020, 07:53
Good luck to everyone today!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2020, 07:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 171 posts ] 

Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: variantguy