Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [370]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Send PM
Re: What Are My Chances - Profile Evaluation Tool! WAMC [#permalink]
Expert Reply
jbatra wrote:
Hi guys ,

I wanted to ask if there's a possibility to adapt the tool to GRE schools ?

Posted from my mobile device

We don't have that much data regarding the GRE test. So, the best way, at least for now would be to convert the GRE scores to GMAT and then use the tool. As more and more applicants use GRE, I am sure the tool can adapt to that.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 3160
Send PM
jbatra wrote:
Hi guys ,

I wanted to ask if there's a possibility to adapt the tool to GRE schools ?

This should help you answer your question! Gives you the average GRE scores for the top 50 MBA programs jbatra

https://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/ad ... rison_tool
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 493
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hey bb, thank you for the tool.
Would love it if Canadian schools can also be evaluated. + if it could make evaluations for Masters in Finance / non MBA programs
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello
I'm a female from Morocco (North Africa). lived and studied in Paris, France (Top business school). Speaking berber (a little), arabic, french, German (notions) and English of course. Am I considered under-represented or unique ?
Moroccan & French citizenship

Many thanks

Originally posted by Turtlely on 11 Sep 2020, 14:41.
Last edited by Turtlely on 11 Sep 2020, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Turtlely wrote:
Hello
I'm a female from Morocco (North Africa). lived and studied in Paris, France (Top business school). Speaking berber (a little), arabic, french, German (notions) and English of course. Am I considered under-represented or unique ?

Many thanks

Well, we are all unique as they say.... but I usually reserve the unique classification for just 1-2% of applicants and usually err on the safe side and would pick under-represented.... and hopefully I am wrong of course ?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Turtlely wrote:
Hello

Many thanks

Well, we are all unique as they say.... but I usually reserve the unique classification for just 1-2% of applicants and usually err on the safe side and would pick under-represented.... and hopefully I am wrong of course ?

That's also what I thought, it's safer to pick Under-represented. My other stats are average, I guess I still have to work on my GMAT to increase my chances !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Overall, very accurate and helpful tool. I'd say the exception would be <24yr, high GMAT score, and unique profile--actually have a better chance at some of the more selective schools that specifically have slots reserved for early career applicants than the less selective schools that pretty much deny all young applicants. Prob have better chance at Harvard and Stanford than many of the top 25 schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
Send PM
Hi guys, first time using this tool and wanted to clarify something.

I'm an Indian Male mechanical engineer working on medical devices, but I'm a US citizen and I've lived in America since I was 2 and did my undergrad at a UC. Do you guys think I would be considered highly overrepresented since I'm an Indian Male Engineer, or would business schools consider me more in the group of average representation since I'm a US applicant?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for developing such a useful tool!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, I'm not an expert but I think it's more a question of ethnicity than citizenship, you're an indian male with us citizenship but still an indian male... But i'm not sure at all...
recentBear wrote:

I'm an Indian Male mechanical engineer working on medical devices, but I'm a US citizen and I've lived in America since I was 2 and did my undergrad at a UC. Do you guys think I would be considered highly overrepresented since I'm an Indian Male Engineer, or would business schools consider me more in the group of average representation since I'm a US applicant?

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
You would be considered a US citizen.

recentBear wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:

Awesome, thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
recentBear wrote:
bb wrote:

Awesome, thanks!

Hi. Just had a clarification. There is apparently now a category called “American Indian”. It somewhat has a cap but it is separate from the Indian group.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Hi. Just had a clarification. There is apparently now a category called “American Indian”. It somewhat has a cap but it is separate from the Indian group.

How competitive would you say it is for an American Indian vs for example Caucasian or Indian at most Top 20 schools? I'm trying to get an idea of the caliber of schools to aim for.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi!
This is a very handy tool. Thanks bb!

Just one question. I have a low GMAT score (600). However the tool shows above average chances for Said and Rotman (2 of my target schools). I was pretty disheartened at my score initially but this gives me hope. Would like some feedback on my profile and suggestions if I should go ahead with my application or rework on the gmat.

Pakistani, Male. 25 years.
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from NUST (top engineering school) with a CGPA of 3.5

3 years of work experience in product management. 1 year at Dawlance (local consumer electronics giant), 2 years at Samsung Electronics (currently the product manager of LED TVs).

I have a couple of experiences to show for top management at student clubs. Do have community service experience as well, but would rate it below average.

I selected average for my recommnder and my own English abilities.

Target schools were: Said, Rotman, Ivey, Mcgill, Queens (Yes, all Canadian. Said added because Oxford was a dream ._.)

Would highly appreciate your feedback for way forward.

MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
hassanT wrote:
Hi!
This is a very handy tool. Thanks bb!

Just one question. I have a low GMAT score (600). However the tool shows above average chances for Said and Rotman (2 of my target schools). I was pretty disheartened at my score initially but this gives me hope. Would like some feedback on my profile and suggestions if I should go ahead with my application or rework on the gmat.

Pakistani, Male. 25 years.
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from NUST (top engineering school) with a CGPA of 3.5

3 years of work experience in product management. 1 year at Dawlance (local consumer electronics giant), 2 years at Samsung Electronics (currently the product manager of LED TVs).

I have a couple of experiences to show for top management at student clubs. Do have community service experience as well, but would rate it below average.

I selected average for my recommnder and my own English abilities.

Target schools were: Said, Rotman, Ivey, Mcgill, Queens (Yes, all Canadian. Said added because Oxford was a dream ._.)

Would highly appreciate your feedback for way forward.

hassanT

For a detailed profile evaluation, I suggest you post your request in the following forum

https://gmatclub.com/forum/admission-co ... 4/?fl=menu

Also, the following are the profile evaluation topics of Said and Rotman

Said https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-fit- ... 04764.html
Rotman https://gmatclub.com/forum/please-evalu ... 27367.html
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Really great tool, just what I was looking for. Very Handy. Thanks bb and Gmatclub community.

One ques: Keeping everything else the same, if I change age bracket from 32-34 to 35+ (I have just crossed 35 actually), more number of schools shift towards low probability buckets.
For example, for a age group of 32-34, my profile has above average chances for ISB but as soon as I change it to 35+, the chances for the same school are below average.

Does this mean being 35+ lowers the chances in general. Maybe I take this with a pinch of salt :) and if it is the reality, I will consider this while applying.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Send PM
Hi bb there might be some issue with the avg work ex listed at ross. i saw it indicated 0.4 yrs of avg work ex.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
bb wrote:
What Are My Chances - Evaluate Your Profile!

Use this tool to estimate/evaluate your chances of admission into one of the Top 25 MBA programs
The accuracy of this tool depends on the accuracy of your entries/answers - please see below for explanations of some of them
Make sure to expand the Advanced Options to get the best accuracy

Inputs & Choices Overview:

Background: based on your own judgement, how do you think your background will be perceived by the admissions committee? There are differentiators that make one's profile more or less diverse. For example an Indian male engineer is likely highly over-represented whereas a New Zealand Engineer is likely under-represented and a Military Applicant with Special Forces designation is likely under-represented or Unique in their background. Examples:
  • Heavily over-represented: Indian IT Males
  • Somewhat over-represented: Indian non IT applicants and SE Asian Applicants
  • Average Representation: US and EU Applicants
  • Under-represented: South America, Oceania, or African applicants, US Military Applicants
  • Unique: you know who you are ;-) e.g. Syrian refugees, Tibetans, Spec Ops Operators, Athletes, Performers, and other people with unique background, history, or work experience.

Undergrad Prestige in Your Country: - are there regular applicants to the MBA programs of your choice from your Undergraduate institution?

Work Experience: This is your work experience at the time of matriculation

Reapplicant: If you are a reapplicant with a significant change in your application such as a difference of GMAT score that's 40 points or more AND additional changes such as using help with admissions or meaningful promotion in this application season, please select NO

How does it work?
There is a short and a long version of the tool. You could technically fill out just the GMAT/Background information. In that case, the tool assumes AVERAGE values for all other answers. To get the most precise answers/estimates, please answer every question. We have been working for a few years on a project that has been a brain-child of souvik101990 and I am glad we are finally at the stage that we can release and share it. Please give it a try and share what you think - appreciate any comments/feedback.

What do you think about this tool?
How can we improve?
What is done well?

Does it work for PT, EMBA, Weekend MBA?
Not yet. This tool only works for FT MBA Admissions.

Is this tool Perfect?
Ha. No. It is based on historical data but it is not perfect for every case. This is likely a case that explains the 80% of data and then has 20% outliers.

Hi is it true that SE asian applicants (Vietnam,Thailand,Malaysia,Indonesia) are over represented?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23