Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [370]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Re: What Are My Chances - Profile Evaluation Tool! WAMC [#permalink]
Kudos
bb wrote:
Wow. 750! Congrats! Amazing job.

I guess we should consider making things a little bit simpler and clearer if a person who studied for three months and got a 750, cannot wrap their mind around what we have
🥴 (not a dig it to you by the way by no means, it’s more of a observation and self dig).

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Would love to hear more in the share GMAT experience sub-forum perhaps about what you did and how you overcame some of your weaknesses and how others perhaps can follow your example?

primo14 wrote:
I'm honestly surprised at the sheer range of tools GMATClub offers.

I began my journey towards GMAT on this forum around 3 months back, lurking in the shadows like an Indian version of Gollum from LOTR, to attain a 'precious' score (heh heh). I scored a 750, without any tuition, just by following the posts and solutions on gmatclub for various OG questions.

And here I'm, after giving my exam a few days back to stumble on this wonderful tool which can help you figure a data-driven approach towards identifying prospective B-Schools.

The most significant part being that the vast repository of GMATClub is largely free! I'm still trying to figure out how to use this forum, but I just wanted to thank all the folks who have made this site & this wonderful tool work. :-)

Primo14 :upsidedown

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks bb.

I think you guys have just sooo much to offer that sometimes it takes a bit of time for noobs like me to find out what we seek (not to mention, often even I don't fully know what I'm looking for!). And in a way, vast and deep (like the mines of Moria, ok no more LOTR references, I promise) is better than shallow and accessible.

I would definitely share my experiences on that sub-forum. :-)

primo14
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Education:
CA(2020-23):
Final: Rank(14 out of 40000)
IPCC: Rank(32 out of 1.5 lakh)
B.Tech(2016-20):
BITS PILANI-CGPA(6.5)

Work experience:
Google:SDE1(2021-22)SDE(2022-23)
Startup:(2020-21)

Competitive exam scores:
GMAT:770(V:45 Q:49)
GRE:339(V:169 Q:170 AWA-5.5)

What are my chances for top 10 business schools in U.S?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Hello Team,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

Age-24 Gender-Male
Class 10- 10 CGPA (CBSE Board)
Class 12- 95.6 % (CBSE Board)
Btech in Mechanical Engineering- 9.24 CPI
GMAT Score- Not yet appeared. Aiming for 710-740
Work Experience- 2.6 years as an Engineer in Ministry of defense company( Aerospace Division)

Co-Curricular Activities:
1. Training and Placement Coordinator for my batch in college for the year 2019-2020
2. Member of ASME Chapter of my college from 2016-2020
3. Was member of design and manufacturing team and represented my college team in HPVC Asia Pacific competition in the year 2017
4. Was captain of my 15 member team and represented my college in HPVC Asia pacific competition in the year 2018

Training and Internships
1. Certified training in 3D Modelling using CATIA V5 software
2. Internship in IOCL
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
CAAIR14 wrote:
Education:
CA(2020-23):
Final: Rank(14 out of 40000)
IPCC: Rank(32 out of 1.5 lakh)
B.Tech(2016-20):
BITS PILANI-CGPA(6.5)

Work experience:
Google:SDE1(2021-22)SDE(2022-23)
Startup:(2020-21)

Competitive exam scores:
GMAT:770(V:45 Q:49)
GRE:339(V:169 Q:170 AWA-5.5)

What are my chances for top 10 business schools in U.S?

Hey CAAIR14,

Upon reviewing your academic and professional background, I would like to highlight some key points that can strengthen your application to business schools abroad. While your GPA from BITS Pilani falls on the lower end, it is still noteworthy that your undergraduate institution holds international recognition. However, it may be important to note that some schools in the UK and Canada may require a higher GPA, around 7.0. Nonetheless, most schools in the US would still be a great fit for your academic record.

Your work experience with Google is highly impressive and well-known on a global scale. To further enhance your profile, I suggest highlighting your technical expertise and quantifying your business impact on clients. Providing more details on the clients you've worked with and your specific achievements would help you build a robust work experience profile. Additionally, showcasing your inclination towards finance through your CA certification is also highly commendable.

In terms of extracurricular activities, I highly recommend emphasising any volunteering work you have done in the past. If you haven't had the opportunity to do so, it would be beneficial to consider taking on such opportunities in the next few months. Business schools abroad typically seek well-rounded profiles that showcase a holistic perspective.

Your exceptional GMAT and GRE scores make you a highly competitive candidate for top business schools. While it may be challenging to aim for the M7 schools with your level of experience, schools such as Northwestern, Michigan Ross, Cornell, Duke, UCLA, and NYU Stern are great options to consider.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
kayshyap044 wrote:
Hello Team,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

Age-24 Gender-Male
Class 10- 10 CGPA (CBSE Board)
Class 12- 95.6 % (CBSE Board)
Btech in Mechanical Engineering- 9.24 CPI
GMAT Score- Not yet appeared. Aiming for 710-740
Work Experience- 2.6 years as an Engineer in Ministry of defense company( Aerospace Division)

Co-Curricular Activities:
1. Training and Placement Coordinator for my batch in college for the year 2019-2020
2. Member of ASME Chapter of my college from 2016-2020
3. Was member of design and manufacturing team and represented my college team in HPVC Asia Pacific competition in the year 2017
4. Was captain of my 15 member team and represented my college in HPVC Asia pacific competition in the year 2018

Training and Internships
1. Certified training in 3D Modelling using CATIA V5 software
2. Internship in IOCL

Hey kayshyap044,

Upon reviewing your academic and professional background, I would like to commend you on your excellent academic record, with a GPA of 9.24. This indicates that you are a strong candidate not only for top schools in India but also abroad.

However, when targeting ISB, it is important to keep in mind that there may be other applicants from larger and more well-known institutions such as IIT, NIT, SRCC, and others. To differentiate yourself, I suggest highlighting specific inputs that you have gone through to quantify your achievements and showcase your potential impact.

Regarding your extracurricular activities, your experience as a training and placement coordinator is highly impressive. To further enhance your profile, I recommend highlighting specific events you have organized, clients you have worked with, and the number of students you have mentored. Being a training and placement coordinator, it is also important to showcase the companies you have helped coordinate with and the impact you have made in connecting students with potential employers.

Your extensive work experience of 2.6 years as an engineer at the Ministry of Defense - Aerospace Division is a key differentiator for your profile. I suggest focusing on showcasing the specific projects you have worked on and the impact you have made during your time at the ministry.

Aim for a GMAT score of 710 or above, and ensure that your application highlights your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, work experience, and potential impact. With a strong application, you are well-positioned to target ISB and other top business schools.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Indian Male 34 years old with 11 years of work experience (5 years into M&A consulting with a Big4 and 6 years into information management holding managerial positions).
Qualification: BTech in Petroleum Engineering (India), GPA - 62%
Work experience: 11 years (currently in UK been a year, 10 years in India)
Currently working with a Big 4 into front-end M&A consulting in UK
Worked for 4 years with a Big 4 into front-end M&A consulting in India
Worked for 6 years into data & information mgmt., managed small teams of 6-8 FTEs

I dont think I have any other deltas on my CV in terms of social work etc. to demonstrate. I am looking to pursue a regular MBA with INSEAD or LBS, yet to appear for my GMAT. What are my chances?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ajpandey1988 wrote:
Indian Male 34 years old with 11 years of work experience (5 years into M&A consulting with a Big4 and 6 years into information management holding managerial positions).
Worked for 6 years into data & information mgmt., managed small teams of 6-8 FTEs

I dont think I have any other deltas on my CV in terms of social work etc. to demonstrate. I am looking to pursue a regular MBA with INSEAD or LBS, yet to appear for my GMAT. What are my chances?

Hi. Did you check the tool? That's the fastest way! You have questions, you can post them but I hate having having a human steal a computer's job :lol:
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey ajpandey1988,

Thanks for posting

To answer your question,
The major highlight of your application should be your extensive work experience. With such a vast experience you would have amazing leadership stories to convey to the AdComs. However, your age falls on the upper edge of the class, thus it will be very important to convey to the AdComs what special and different aspects you would bring to their table. Since you’ve mentioned that there is nothing more from your end in terms of EC’s, I would like to add that EC's play a very important role in your profile. You would definitely need to think out of the box and add some value to it.

INSEAD evaluates your potential based of the following criteria:

1. Ability to contribute
2. Leadership skills
3. International motivation
4. Academics

I can clearly see 2 and 3 in your profile. For your contribution we need to go deep in your profile. I am sure there must be something you can definitely share on that part. A GMAT score of 700+ will also be very important in terms of your application and would be able to compensate for your low GPA. Since you are targeting INSEAD, you may want to read an article on How to get into INSEAD.You will get to know if you have the qualities and fulfill the MBA requirements INSEAD looks for.

We have recently helped applicants with 10+ yrs of work experience to get into INSEAD and IMD with 680 GMAT.

It is important for you to build an overall strong profile. Hence, we would like to know a detailed profile including your career trajectory, LORs, academic background, etc to evaluate your chances better. Thus, feel free to hop on a call with us to get a better and detailed understanding of your profile and give you a fair and thorough evaluation. Feel free to schedule a call with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
GMATclub Reviews
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

ajpandey1988 wrote:

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
ajpandey1988 wrote:

Hey ajpandey1988,

As I evaluate your profile, I can see that you are 34 years old, which is slightly on the upper end for an MBA program. On an average, the class age is around 31-32 years. Considering the extensive work experience of 11 years will be a key differentiator for you. Even the companies you have worked with and your managerial experience will add on and emphasise your leadership qualities.

However, when it comes to academics, your GPA is slightly on the lower end at 62%. But the good news is that colleges abroad are looking for students who are holistically developed, and your extracurricular activities and achievements will come into play. For instance, if you have published any research paper or project during your graduation, it will count as curricular achievements, while active participation in NGOs and clubs could add to your extracurricular profile.

Moreover, since you have been working in the UK for the past year, it adds to your international exposure, which is a positive aspect. However, with 11 years of work experience, you may be at a disadvantage for the MBA program at LBS and INSEAD. In this case, it is not recommended that you should directly apply, but instead appeal to the college for confirmation.

When it comes to the GMAT, it is essential to aim for a score of 690+ or 700-710 to target top Tier 1 institutions, which you are interested in. However, it is important to remember that the GMAT score is just one aspect of the overall application, and your profile evaluation should have a holistic approach that considers all other aspects as well.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I was hoping to get some feedback and advice on the MBA application process. I have been wanting to get an MBA now for several years, but haven’t had the opportunity to pursue the degree.

A little about me: I am 34 years old, US citizen, Hispanic male. I am a private practice surgeon in a highly competitive field and graduated medical school with top honors. My undergrad GPA was 3.3 with a STEM double major. Currently, 8 years of work experience in direct medical care, and two years experience serving as a consultant for various industry leading companies. Extracurriculars include establishing and running international mission trips, teaching local medical students and residents on a voluntary basis, and I’ve won numerous accolades and awards over the years for service.

My practice has been successful, thankfully, but I have always been interested in managing healthcare systems, education and the integration of new technologies into everyday practice (such as robotics in the operating room and A.I. as a diagnostic tool to help physicians streamline care). That, with reimbursements being continually cut and the significant overreach of insurance companies in health management have made practicing medicine a painful experience. Thus, hoping to get an MBA to pivot careers towards healthcare management/administration.

Looking specifically at Wharton, as their healthcare management major appears to be world class and Wharton has a long list of alumni that have made similar career changes. Any insight as to what a competitive GMAT score would be in this situation? Hoping to take in July. Aiming for a 700, but currently scoring in the low 600s with limited study time.

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone.

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
mdmba2025 wrote:
Hi all,

I was hoping to get some feedback and advice on the MBA application process. I have been wanting to get an MBA now for several years, but haven’t had the opportunity to pursue the degree.

A little about me: I am 34 years old, US citizen, Hispanic male. I am a private practice surgeon in a highly competitive field and graduated medical school with top honors. My undergrad GPA was 3.3 with a STEM double major. Currently, 8 years of work experience in direct medical care, and two years experience serving as a consultant for various industry leading companies. Extracurriculars include establishing and running international mission trips, teaching local medical students and residents on a voluntary basis, and I’ve won numerous accolades and awards over the years for service.

My practice has been successful, thankfully, but I have always been interested in managing healthcare systems, education and the integration of new technologies into everyday practice (such as robotics in the operating room and A.I. as a diagnostic tool to help physicians streamline care). That, with reimbursements being continually cut and the significant overreach of insurance companies in health management have made practicing medicine a painful experience. Thus, hoping to get an MBA to pivot careers towards healthcare management/administration.

Looking specifically at Wharton, as their healthcare management major appears to be world class and Wharton has a long list of alumni that have made similar career changes. Any insight as to what a competitive GMAT score would be in this situation? Hoping to take in July. Aiming for a 700, but currently scoring in the low 600s with limited study time.

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone.

Hey mdmba2025,

Your accomplishments highlight your leadership skills, dedication, and expertise in your field. However, to make your MBA application more competitive, consider focusing your extracurricular activities on healthcare management and administration. Participating in healthcare-related volunteer work or attending industry events will demonstrate your interest and dedication to the field.

While a GMAT score of 700 is a good goal, it's not always necessary for admission into a top-tier MBA program. Nevertheless, since the Wharton program is highly competitive, achieving a score of 737 will increase your chances of admission. Consider taking a GMAT prep course or dedicating more time to studying to improve your score.

Your career goals are well-defined, but they could be more specific. By researching healthcare management and administration roles more thoroughly and identifying particular companies or organisations that align with your career goals, you will show the admissions committee that you have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish with an MBA.

Additionally, emphasise your diverse background and how it has influenced your perspective on healthcare. Your status as a Hispanic male is an advantage in the MBA application process since MBA programs actively seek diversity in their student body.

Finally, when describing your work experience as a surgeon in private practice, highlight your leadership and impact. Provide specific examples of how you have taken on a leadership role in your practice, such as spearheading new initiatives or introducing innovative approaches to patient care. Mention any projects you have undertaken to improve healthcare delivery or patient outcomes. This will demonstrate your management potential and leadership to the admissions committee.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Grad Mentors is currently accepting applications for volunteers looking for an opportunity to improve their MBA/Grad school profile while also giving back to the community.

Grad Mentors is a 501(c)(3) that is dedicated to providing cost-free support to those who are unable to access traditional paid resources due to financial or situational limitations. Our volunteer mentors serve as test strategists who offer holistic advice on how to succeed on the GMAT or GRE. Many of our mentors have enjoyed the rewarding process of working with our diverse group of mentees who come from a wide variety of fascinating backgrounds.

Q: What are the requirements to become a mentor?
A: We encourage anyone who is interested to apply today.

Q: What does a typical mentee/mentor relationship look like?
A: After a mentor is matched with a mentee, initial coordination is conducted via email. Both mentors and mentees decide on a meeting platform as well as meeting frequency. We will periodically check-in with our mentor/mentee pairs to ensure that meetings meet Grad Mentors expectations. This may occasionally involve answering specific GMAT or GRE questions or questions concerning specific concepts. However, mentors are NOT expected to be tutors.

Q: What is the weekly commitment in terms of hours?
A: Volunteering as a mentor could take up to an hour every week for a few weeks per mentee, depending on your schedule. You may also elect to work with multiple mentees depending on your availability.

How to Apply: Visit gradmentors. org and click “Join Our Team”

Questions? Contact us directly at support GradMentors. org.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Hi all, we have revamped our decision tracker where you can do a comparative analysis of similar applicants and request a profile review too!

You can check more about the GMAT Club decision tracker here - https://gmatclub.com/forum/introducing- ... 11012.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi guys, please evaluate my profile for an ISB admit/ also suggest any other B-schools (location agnostic) which i can target for.

1) Name- Pranav Chaudhry
2) Age- 24
3) Total Work Ex: 25 Months
4) GMAT- 700 (V37 Q48)
5) Undergrad College- NIFT (Kangra, Himachal Pradesh)
6) Undergrad Course- Bachelors in Fashion Technology
7) Undergrad CGPA- 8.1
8) Work Experience:
9) 1st year: spent on my own start-up (E-commerce for handicrafts)
10) 2nd year: joined Wazir Advisors, leading management consulting firm in textile & Apparel industry in India.
11) Recently Joined PwC as an Associate level 2.
12) Extra curricular activities:
-> Head of the student council in school.
-> district level football player & 100m Athlete.
-> member of core student committee in college.
-> Founded athletics club in the college and trained a team of 10+ athletes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Send PM
Hey pranavchaudhry99,

You have an unconventional profile in fashion and textile which is definitely a positive for business schools including ISB. Your work experience is pretty healthy consisting of mix of startup and consulting which would have helped you develop a strong business acumen. Your GMAT is roughly average although Indian candidates are typically expected to have a couple of points higher, however your unconventional background should be able to compensate for the same. Since you will be touching close to 3 years by the time you enroll for your MBA, you should have a competitive shot at ISB.
Outside ISB you can think of some European MBA programs such as HEC, Bocconi, ESADE etc which can further your career in the fashion industry, assuming you intend to pursue a long term career in the space.

Do feel free to reach out if you want to have a more detailed discussion.

Thanks,
TheMBAEdge
info@thembaedge.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.33
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi guys, please evaluate my profile for an ISB admit/ also suggest any other B-schools (location agnostic) that I can target:

Undergrad: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (2015-19)
Job 1 : Mechanical Engineer in Dubai (UAE) (2019-2020) 13 months
Job 2: Consultant (EY)-Handling projects for Tata Steel and its subsidiaries across India/Canada/SE Asia/Europe. (2021-Current) (I started as an Analyst and got two promotions within 18 months. (32 months experience as of Jan '2024)

Extra Curriculars in Undergrad
1. Member (AIESEC)-Business Dev and Student exchanges
2. Team Lead-ISHRAE won a grant to design an environment friendly AC

Extra Curriculars in my current job:
Mentoring students from under privileged backgrounds by understanding their inclinations towards various disciplines (Science and Commerce)

Post MBA Goals:
Get into the bigger consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG, BAIN, L.E.K..) open to roles in supply chain and operations management.

Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Send PM
ashesh25 wrote:
Hi guys, please evaluate my profile for an ISB admit/ also suggest any other B-schools (location agnostic) that I can target:

Undergrad: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (2015-19)
Job 1 : Mechanical Engineer in Dubai (UAE) (2019-2020) 13 months
Job 2: Consultant (EY)-Handling projects for Tata Steel and its subsidiaries across India/Canada/SE Asia/Europe. (2021-Current) (I started as an Analyst and got two promotions within 18 months. (32 months experience as of Jan '2024)

Extra Curriculars in Undergrad
1. Member (AIESEC)-Business Dev and Student exchanges
2. Team Lead-ISHRAE won a grant to design an environment friendly AC

Extra Curriculars in my current job:
Mentoring students from under privileged backgrounds by understanding their inclinations towards various disciplines (Science and Commerce)

Post MBA Goals:
Get into the bigger consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG, BAIN, L.E.K..) open to roles in supply chain and operations management.

Thanks in advance!

Hey ashesh25,

You have some solid work experience along with decent international exposure which are strong positives in your profile. Your ECs are solid and show an intent to impact your local community. With a strong test score you will have a competitive profile for ISB. Typically Supply Chain and Ops consulting practices tend to be strongest in the United States and hence you can think about some top tier American MBA programs to pursue that professional career path post your MBA.

Do feel free to reach out to have detailed conversation regarding you plans.

Thanks,
TheMBAEdge
info@thembaedge.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.33
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Thanks for the revert!
Is the WE too less for colleges like INSEAD / HEC/ or top US B schools?

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  23