Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 21:43 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 21:43
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9  ...  24   
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74325 [381]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 117
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74325 [1]
Send PM
Re: What Are My Chances - Profile Evaluation Tool! WAMC [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi and welcome to GMAT Club.

I’m not sure this tool is the best place to evaluate your situation. The first question, is do you actually have a diploma and an end degree? Have you actually graduated and received a bachelors degree? In the United States, if you have not completed your coursework, you cannot graduate until you do. You have to take so many classes and so many types of classes to be eligible for graduation. I guess it could be different But that’s the first question do you want to make sure that is answered. You were saying that you have cleared everything, I assume that means you do have a degree and you have to take in the classes you need. This would be your biggest challenge, if you don’t have an actual degree :-)

Second question, do you have your GPA or I think they call it GPA, Written somewhere on your diploma or transcript? Again, in the United States, your transcript would have the calculation done for the admissions committee so they don’t need to do the math work.

In general, your profile and your ability to perform coursework will be evaluated based on your GMAT score and your GPA. Your undergraduate GPA is one of the best indicators of your commitment and ability to do coursework. However it does sound like you may have some good reasons and explanations for why you were absent during some of the classes and why you had to redo. What helps the most is that you have completed your degree and you have finished what you have started. That’s the most important part. You will need to write a pretty concise but detailed explanation for why your transcript is complicated and assured admissions that it will not be an issue in the future. Getting high GMAT score would be paramount in your case to put any concerns to rest.

Indian IT engineer ring is one of the most competitive groups, but having a unique profile and things that stand out will help. You do need to give schools a reason why they shouldn’t risk taking you as a post to someone who has a clean undergraduate transcript. You need to stand out in multiple other ways compared to your fellow applicants.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
bb

I have a question while choosing reputation of the undergraduate institution.

In my case, I went to a top ten private school in my country and have a Master’s degree in Engineering from a top 10 school in the US (think UT Austin/Purdue)

What do I choose since I have an undergraduate and graduate degrees.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rafa90 wrote:
bb

I have a question while choosing reputation of the undergraduate institution.

In my case, I went to a top ten private school in my country and have a Master’s degree in Engineering from a top 10 school in the US (think UT Austin/Purdue)

What do I choose since I have an undergraduate and graduate degrees.

It seems you can solve your problem but just choosing top 10 from the drop-down. I would just set that for the time being.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Thanks for adding GRE scores.

Just to understand does the tool convert GRE to GMAT and then shows your chances?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74325 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
QuabityAssurance wrote:
Thanks for adding GRE scores.

Just to understand does the tool convert GRE to GMAT and then shows your chances?

Thanks for the question. No, it does not. It uses a separate range of scores to give an estimate based on the average admissions scores at the top 20 business schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
This tool is wonderful
Hello everyone,
This tool is actually amazing and is pretty close to something that an admission consultant does recommend.
A quick question though I'm not able to identify whether I belong to an over-represented or somewhat over-represented community. It'll be great if someone could help me with that.
Profile: Indian Male Engineer (in the manufacturing industry with diverse experience of production execution, Robotics system integration, Project management, and Digital Transformation along with applying data science in production environment)
undergrad from : National Institute of technology
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Bp36mafia wrote:
Hello everyone,
This tool is actually amazing and is pretty close to something that an admission consultant does recommend.
A quick question though I'm not able to identify whether I belong to an over-represented or somewhat over-represented community. It'll be great if someone could help me with that.
Profile: Indian Male Engineer (in the manufacturing industry with diverse experience of production execution, Robotics system integration, Project management, and Digital Transformation along with applying data science in production environment)
undergrad from : National Institute of technology

Welcome to GMAT Club!

I am sorry to say but it will be over-represented. You don't seem to carry the Indian IT male black mark but I would play it safe and assume the worst. You can always try both scenarios and see where you fit in. Bottom line is that Indian demographic of all profiles is competitive. Schools are only taking so many international students and so many from each country to keep a diverse student body.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi, bb. I have a query for you. I am confused about what background I should opt for myself. I am an Indian Gay male, working in a non-IT job. Indian pool is highly over-represented but the gay community is under-represented at B-schools. Can you pls help me?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8919 [1]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Airhwbd
For the purpose of this tool, you can choose highly represented but you may want to speak to some current LGBTQ students at schools to get a better idea.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Airhwbd wrote:
Hi, bb. I have a query for you. I am confused about what background I should opt for myself. I am an Indian Gay male, working in a non-IT job. Indian pool is highly over-represented but the gay community is under-represented at B-schools. Can you pls help me?

It’s a good question. That definitely makes your profile distinct. I’m sure it makes your life harder as well in a place like India. I think I can definitely market and notch or even two notches at the point of average representation but this is anecdotal and lacks evidence support, frankly. This is just me estimating and pulling numbers out of the sky.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
Is there any way to get the school-wise applicant priorities data?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8919 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
tanimatt wrote:
Is there any way to get the school-wise applicant priorities data?

Hi tanimatt

Can you tell us more details on what you are looking for? I don't think I understand your question.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi Nikhil,

When I select Marshal for example, I get the below data:

Quote:
Marshall Applicant Priorities:

60% GMAT & Demographics
15% Academic Background
15% Professional Work Experience
10% Applications & Essays

Is there any spreadsheet available with the above data for every school? It would also help if you can tell me from where this data has been collected?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi. This is something Souvik and I were working on and came up as the drivers based on our observations of the data and personal experience (often the lower-ranked schools are driven more by scores and visual appeal of some applicants that contribute to the rankings and quantitative side of the class profile while trading off other aspects which higher-ranked schools would prioritize). This is not scientific and this is not anything an AdCom member ever would admit or share.

tanimatt wrote:
Hi Nikhil,

When I select Marshal for example, I get the below data:

Quote:
Marshall Applicant Priorities:

60% GMAT & Demographics
15% Academic Background
15% Professional Work Experience
10% Applications & Essays

Is there any spreadsheet available with the above data for every school? It would also help if you can tell me from where this data has been collected?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello Bb,

Thank you very much for the tool.

Cambridge is not indicated in the list. Could we add Cambridge to the list please ?

I also have a question .
I got the bachelor degree from France but the GPA is not on the transcript. On the transcript you have the grade obtained for each course, the total number of grade points and the total number of credits. The GPA is calculated by dividing the total number of grade points earned by the total credit.

Will it decrease my admission chances because the admission committee has to make the calcul ? Do you have any advice on this one ?

Thank you very much
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V44
Send PM
Hello, do Vietnam and Bangladesh fall under over-represented South Asian ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
How did you determine the weightings of adcom priorities? For example, how did you get 60% GMAT/demographics for Tepper?

Thanks,
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9  ...  24