Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [1]
Given Kudos: 84
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2021 Intake) Class of 2023 [#permalink]
Glad I could help, cheers!
Autumn997 wrote:
Thank you so much! I was thinking of the same but it’s great to get confirmation :)

MilitaryPilot wrote:
Break down the pdf and upload only the first page. School selection is on the second page. One way is - Take a colour print and scan only the first page. Remember, test taker copy at the centre has only your score on a single page - that’s what I recall.
All the best!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2021 Intake) Class of 2023 [#permalink]
Also your instincts around not revealing other schools like Columbia Wharton HBS are correct; LBS is pretty concerned about losing admits to these schools and if your application doesn’t indicate super specific reasons for the location and the school, then it’ll be a red flag to admissions. On the application itself I’d recommend only mentioning schools such as INSEAD, Saïd, Judge, maybe even IESE. INSEAD will keep them on toes and make sure they consider your for a scholarship if you’re that good. Mentioning one or two other schools that are no competition at all such as Rotterdam or HEC might work too.
Just my opinion as a fellow applicant having spoken to multiple folks.
Autumn997 wrote:
Thank you so much! I was thinking of the same but it’s great to get confirmation :)

MilitaryPilot wrote:
Break down the pdf and upload only the first page. School selection is on the second page. One way is - Take a colour print and scan only the first page. Remember, test taker copy at the centre has only your score on a single page - that’s what I recall.
All the best!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
MilitaryPilot wrote:
Also your instincts around not revealing other schools like Columbia Wharton HBS are correct; LBS is pretty concerned about losing admits to these schools and if your application doesn’t indicate super specific reasons for the location and the school, then it’ll be a red flag to admissions. On the application itself I’d recommend only mentioning schools such as INSEAD, Saïd, Judge, maybe even IESE. INSEAD will keep them on toes and make sure they consider your for a scholarship if you’re that good. Mentioning one or two other schools that are no competition at all such as Rotterdam or HEC might work too.
Just my opinion as a fellow applicant having spoken to multiple folks.
Autumn997 wrote:

MilitaryPilot wrote:
All the best!

Completely agree. Adding a bunch of US schools followed by LBS may give the impression that you are not clear on the location for your MBA. So, European schools are the best bet and considering how strong LBS is in Europe, they would be confident that they are your first or second choice (after INSEAD).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
For the GMAT online exam how does one get the score report? Is it okay if I have sent the scores to the school from Mba.com. I am not sure how to obtain the score report to attach?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
sahiljai wrote:
For the GMAT online exam how does one get the score report? Is it okay if I have sent the scores to the school from Mba.com. I am not sure how to obtain the score report to attach?

Yeah for online you can’t get a score report, so just pdf the results page. Don’t forget to also send the score to schools - separate button for that
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.69
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
sahiljai wrote:

I took a screenshot and printed it to pdf of my score to attach to the online application in addition to having MBA.com send my scores directly.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have sent the score via the official GMAT website. Where else do I have to submit the scores?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Okay I have submitted without the screenshot and just sent the scores directly. Do you guys think I should write to them?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools: LBS '23 (A)
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
LBS doesn’t need official scores for application evaluation. That’s what the Adcom said when I emailed them.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
sahiljai wrote:
Okay I have submitted without the screenshot and just sent the scores directly. Do you guys think I should write to them?

No I think it’s pretty common as many took online gmat
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the quick revert guys. Appreciate it.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi guys. Wanted to get a quick opinion on how it will be viewed if I request the admissions office to try and take up my application before the official deadline? For context, I have already submitted my application for LBS MiF much earlier than the deadline (didn't apply for MBA as MiF is a better fit for my career goals). Official interview decision date is Oct 23rd (11 Dec for final admission decision) but I have been accepted to two other schools and both need their decision / deposit payment by October end. Is this the sort of conversation i can have with the admissions team ?

Any inputs welcome.
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
abso04 wrote:
Hi guys. Wanted to get a quick opinion on how it will be viewed if I request the admissions office to try and take up my application before the official deadline? For context, I have already submitted my application for LBS MiF much earlier than the deadline (didn't apply for MBA as MiF is a better fit for my career goals). Official interview decision date is Oct 23rd (11 Dec for final admission decision) but I have been accepted to two other schools and both need their decision / deposit payment by October end. Is this the sort of conversation i can have with the admissions team ?

Any inputs welcome.
Thanks
try your luck with all 3, ask 2 to delay, and LBS to make early...and see the outcome, LBS team is quite humble and may consider. Hope for the best.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
Hi guys,

I would be thankful for your advice on my current situation:
I got accepted for the LBS 21 intake off the waitlist of last year. So a first hurray and thanks to the gmatclub community.

However, LBS is asking for a total of GBP 9000 commitment fee due in two installments (October & November). I have also applied to HBS/GSB, but only hear from them at the beginning of December.

Do you think the adcom would be open to a negotiating a later payment of the commitment fee? ~€10,000 is quite the high cost to hold the spot. HBS/GSB would be my top choice, followed by LBS.

Thank you for any advice!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Raffer99 wrote:
Hi guys,

I would be thankful for your advice on my current situation:
I got accepted for the LBS 21 intake off the waitlist of last year. So a first hurray and thanks to the gmatclub community.

However, LBS is asking for a total of GBP 9000 commitment fee due in two installments (October & November). I have also applied to HBS/GSB, but only hear from them at the beginning of December.

Do you think the adcom would be open to a negotiating a later payment of the commitment fee? ~€10,000 is quite the high cost to hold the spot. HBS/GSB would be my top choice, followed by LBS.

Thank you for any advice!

Congratulations on your acceptance to LBS, LBS is quite generous, hence you may try with a strong reason apart from the reason mentioned above. Good Luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hi all,
I have applied to LBS in round 1, just wanted to understand if the interview calls of LBS are rolling or come out all at once on the decision day? Has anyone heard back from LBS?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
Send PM
Akshit24 wrote:
Hi all,
I have applied to LBS in round 1, just wanted to understand if the interview calls of LBS are rolling or come out all at once on the decision day? Has anyone heard back from LBS?

All the decisions come out on 8th October as far as I know.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts