Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Sloan (MIT) DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 19 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:760 (Q50 V42), Industry: Energy and Utilities, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 49 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:720 (Q50 V38), Industry: Computer Software, WE 50, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Magicien99 wrote:
Guys I have a question. As I got 680 (Q49,V34,IR8) in GMAT, I am considering whether I should submit my score along my application or refrain of doing that since Sloan offers the possibility to do so (blame it on Covid). Looking forward to hear from you!

Some infos about me: I come from a rather "rare" country, have an engineering master's degree from a top european university, have a strong international experience and work in a Fortune 500 company.

Hey Magicien99,

You seem ambitious about pursuing a career in the managerial field - This is reflected by the quality of your work experience and your international exposure. If this aspect is portrayed properly in your application, schools will definitely be interested in this.

To begin with, your overall GMAT score of 680 is most certainly competitive, but it happens to fall short when compared to the average of MIT (740). Hence, you should refrain from submitting your GMAT score and go with the waiver option offered by the university. The score exemption means that you will have to make sure you draw attention towards other aspects such as internships and the extracurriculars you’ve taken up and the relevant set of proficiencies you developed throughout these experiences.

Coming to your academics, you haven’t given me any information about your GPA that plays an important role in your chance acceptance into the top schools like MIT Sloan. Although, from the information that you’ve provided me, the international exposure that you’ve garnered from your post-graduate engineering degree coupled with it being from one of the top European universities will further bolster your profile. As most schools are looking to add diversity to their cohort, your international background gives you a unique perspective which provides value addition to their program. Ensure you highlight your takeaways from these experiences and how it helped you to grow and develop a broader perspective in the managerial field.   

As far as your work experience goes, since an MBA is a manager's degree and requires quality work experience, your role in a Fortune 500 company would give you an upper hand in the competition. In order to stand out from the crowd, you most certainly should focus on your leadership roles and major projects of your work and how these experiences helped to develop and further groom your skills and knowledge.

On this note, while you have a competitive profile with the waiver, to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application (consisting of - Essays, LORs, and Resume)that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses in order to differentiate your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Thus, if you are looking to target the top B-schools and want to craft a winning application that would increase your chances by at least 3 times, you can check our comprehensive all-in-one solution that has helped thousands of applicants get into their dream schools worldwide.

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Here, you can even Book a Free Consulting call to connect with one of our consultants to chalk out a winning strategy.

Hope this helped!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 104
Send PM
Kudos
What courses we can do to over come not submitting a GMAT?

Posted from my mobile device
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Stratus Admissions Counseling
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Schools: Stanford
Send PM
Expert Reply
onit wrote:
What courses we can do to over come not submitting a GMAT?

Hi onit -- I'm not sure you need to "overcome" not submitting a GMAT to Sloan - they say they will not hold it against candidates. But you do need to demonstrate academic readiness for their program, hopefully with a decent GPA and at least some demonstration of quantitative ability, which could be through your work experience. There are a number of courses that could also help you demonstrate readiness, such as Harvard Business School's online Credential of Readiness (CORe) program or UC Berkeley's Math for Management course. You could also take executive education courses from various schools, depending on what you want to learn and demonstrate. Best of luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Need some inputs with my application.
I am a female candidate from India, I am planning to apply to R2 with the gmat waiver. I want to know if I stand a chance. Little history about me:
I have a masters in Medical imaging and informatics. Gpa 8.7/10 from IIT Kharagpur
Bachelors in biotechnology 7.8/10
Work is ex : 4.5 years in Healthcare industry in Fortune 500 company . Currently I am a Team Lead, product owner. I have 8 people reporting to me.
Any input will help
Thanks

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Hello everyone, Did anyone got an admit or interview call without a GMAT Score?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Hi guys!
Does anyone know the approximate deadline for the interview decision for round 2 applicants?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Stratus Admissions Counseling
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
Schools: Stanford
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Souffle11 wrote:
Need some inputs with my application.
I am a female candidate from India, I am planning to apply to R2 with the gmat waiver. I want to know if I stand a chance. Little history about me:
I have a masters in Medical imaging and informatics. Gpa 8.7/10 from IIT Kharagpur
Bachelors in biotechnology 7.8/10
Work is ex : 4.5 years in Healthcare industry in Fortune 500 company . Currently I am a Team Lead, product owner. I have 8 people reporting to me.
Any input will help
Thanks

Hi Souffle11 - Based on the brief background you provided, I would say you may have a chance at Sloan. But I would want to know a lot more about you before fully assessing your candidacy. Your grades are good, and Sloan says they will not hold it against you to opt out of the GMAT. It would be good if you could demonstrate some comfort with quantitative rigor, through additional coursework if you have taken any, or through work examples. It's great that you are managing people. Getting into Sloan will depend on whether you can demonstrate a history of leadership and achievements, at work and hopefully via extracurriculars too, and will also depend on how well you can paint a picture of your future impact and how an MBA from Sloan will best help you get there. Best of luck with it!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tse2gi2 wrote:
Hi guys!
Does anyone know the approximate deadline for the interview decision for round 2 applicants?

Tse2gi2

Do you mean for receiving an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
Tse2gi2 wrote:
Hi guys!

Tse2gi2

Yes, for the interview invite
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tse2gi2 wrote:
Nikhil wrote:
Tse2gi2 wrote:
Hi guys!

Tse2gi2

Last year, I see the interview invites were sent till March 10th or around. So, I would expect the same. Did you apply in Round 2? Jan 19th is the deadline for Round 2 applications right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Yes. Applied yesterday 30mn before the deadline 😁

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 232 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40 (Online)
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Tse2gi2 wrote:
Nikhil wrote:
Tse2gi2 wrote:
Hi guys!

Tse2gi2

I think the same team reviews applications of 2 year MBA and Sloan Fellows program. The application deadlines of the 2 programs are 8 days apart and Sloan Fellows interview invites are expected to go out on Jan 21, so they might start reviewing the 2 year applications from Jan 22. Going by last 2 years, they sent invites in 2 big batches, first around Feb 20 and second around end of Feb.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sloan (MIT) DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 42 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 43 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Is there anyone whose status still shows 'Awaiting Submission'? I got a confirmation email from school when I submitted my application but my status hasn't changed on the portal.
Has anyone faced a similar issue?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V45
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Tse2gi2 wrote:
Nikhil wrote:
Tse2gi2 wrote:
Hi guys!

Tse2gi2

The email said:

All Round 2 applicants will receive either an interview invitation or final decision by the end of February.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Is Round 3 a good time for international students to apply?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts