Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ansarose wrote:
I would be happy to get my profile and my chances for getting accepted to b schools evaluated

GMAT 660
Quant-45
Verbal-36
IR -5

Undergraduate Gpa 3.3 (7.5 /10)
(B.Tech)
Experience -2 years 2 months
Industry - IT (2016-2018)
Company. - fortune 500 MNC
Position - Programmer analyst
Age 27
Gender -female
Nationality - Indian

I am hoping to apply during R2 this year.

My country of choice is Singapore.
I would like to work in marketing, preferably in any one of the three sectors of technology, fashion or luxury on completion of the course.

Posted from my mobile device

Hello ansarose,

With your current GMAT score, you could target SMU for the Jan '23 intake. If you are looking at higher-ranked programs, we would recommend that you re-take the GMAT.

Needless to say, the GMAT is only one component of the process and you will also need to work on defining your career goals and portraying how your experiences coupled with the MBA will help you achieve the same.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
Send PM
Hello Experts!

I would require some help in my profile evaluation

GMAT
1st attempt: 710 (Q51, V35, IR5)
2nd attempt: 660 (Q51, V28) - cancelled score

Work Experience: Overall 2.5 years of operations and strategy roles in Zomato, Udaan and Revolut
Institute: IIT Bombay (2019 Batch)
Undergraduate CPI: 6.43/10
Class 10th and 12th: 94%
TOEFL IBT: 114

I am planning to retake my GMAT exam although wanted to understand where I currently stand. I have a strong exposure in extra curricular activities, especially Dramatics and managing Cultural Societies and Events. I have a part time EdTech startup venture ( not registered ). I am also a part of a childcare NGO for Deaf and Dumb students. As a highlight, I have lost 48kg myself and hope to inspire others through my blog

My MBA target schools for R2 are Ross, Tuck, UCLA, Fuqua, Marshall

In lieu of my GMAT score, I am open to consider STEM MSBA at UCLA and MIT

Kindly help guide me as I don’t want to miss this chance

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sarthakkhurana01,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is low, and you have a quite good GMAT score. As you are planning to retake, try to aim 720+ to maximize your chances. In terms of work experience, you have less than the average required. You didn't provide much detail here, but if your work experience is impactful and you have anecdotes to back up your abilities, you have a good chance. Quality beats quantity every time. If you target the right schools and demonstrate the five attributes described below successfully in your MBA application essays, CV, and recommendations, you may still have a chance of getting into a top business school:

1) Positive, practical reasons for applying at this time.
2) Outstanding professional development.
3) Outstanding impact, leadership, and success.
4) Maturity
5) Ability to contribute to the program both socially and academically.

Your ECs are interesting. Startup and involvement in an NGO, in particular, sound great. However, you may quickly incorporate extra work duties into your current job (assuming more of a leadership role, taking on new projects, etc.). You may want to read an article on MBA with little work experience. This article will help you understand the importance of applications and how with an MBA with little work experience, you can still make the strongest case for yourself and enhance your chances at your dream business school. Overall, a good profile, but I'd like to learn more about your work experience to identify your significant USPs. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and shortlist the right schools for you. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

sarthakkhurana01 wrote:
Hello Experts!

I would require some help in my profile evaluation

GMAT
1st attempt: 710 (Q51, V35, IR5)
2nd attempt: 660 (Q51, V28) - cancelled score

Work Experience: Overall 2.5 years of operations and strategy roles in Zomato, Udaan and Revolut
Institute: IIT Bombay (2019 Batch)
Undergraduate CPI: 6.43/10
Class 10th and 12th: 94%
TOEFL IBT: 114

I am planning to retake my GMAT exam although wanted to understand where I currently stand. I have a strong exposure in extra curricular activities, especially Dramatics and managing Cultural Societies and Events. I have a part time EdTech startup venture ( not registered ). I am also a part of a childcare NGO for Deaf and Dumb students. As a highlight, I have lost 48kg myself and hope to inspire others through my blog

My MBA target schools for R2 are Ross, Tuck, UCLA, Fuqua, Marshall

In lieu of my GMAT score, I am open to consider STEM MSBA at UCLA and MIT

Kindly help guide me as I don’t want to miss this chance

GMAT Club Bot