GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Mar 2019, 09:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Peraski: Although driving gas-guzzling automobiles produces a greater

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Finance
CAT Tests
Peraski: Although driving gas-guzzling automobiles produces a greater  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 02:29
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

35% (medium)

Question Stats:

69% (01:44) correct 31% (01:48) wrong based on 102 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Peraski: Although driving gas-guzzling automobiles produces a greater level of pollution than driving smaller cars, those of us who drive smaller cars when we could use a bicycle cannot speak out against the use of gas guzzlers. We would be revealing our hypocrisy.

Jackson: I acknowledge I could do better in this area. But, it would be worse not to speak out against greater sources of pollution just because I am being hypocritical.

The dialogue provides the most support for the claim that Peraski and Jackson disagree over whether

(A) driving a gas-guzzling automobile produces a greater level of pollution than driving a smaller car

(B) speaking out against the use of gas guzzlers despite driving in situations in which one could use a bicycle reveals hypocrisy

(C) driving even a small car when one could use a bicycle contributes to the level of pollution

(D) one should speak out against polluting even if doing so reveals one's own hypocrisy

(E) there is no moral difference between driving a gas guzzler and driving a smaller car
VP
VP
V
Concentration: International Business, Operations
Schools: INSEAD Jan '19
GMAT 1: 480 Q38 V22
GPA: 3.01
WE: Engineering (Real Estate)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Peraski: Although driving gas-guzzling automobiles produces a greater  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 11:06
akanshaxo wrote:
Peraski: Although driving gas-guzzling automobiles produces a greater level of pollution than driving smaller cars, those of us who drive smaller cars when we could use a bicycle cannot speak out against the use of gas guzzlers. We would be revealing our hypocrisy.

Jackson: I acknowledge I could do better in this area. But, it would be worse not to speak out against greater sources of pollution just because I am being hypocritical.

The dialogue provides the most support for the claim that Peraski and Jackson disagree over whether

D is the correct answer.

Peraski said : We can also use bicycle instead of car. So when we are not doing our bit to reduce the pollution, then how can we point out someone else for using gas-guzzling automobiles.

Jackson said : Jackson accepted that he can do his bit to reduce pollution, but he feels it would be worse if he purposely don't speak against pollution just because he is not contributing himself and even if people call him hypocrite.

Answer choice D hits the chord direct.

(A) driving a gas-guzzling automobile produces a greater level of pollution than driving a smaller car

(B) speaking out against the use of gas guzzlers despite driving in situations in which one could use a bicycle reveals hypocrisy

(C) driving even a small car when one could use a bicycle contributes to the level of pollution

(D) one should speak out against polluting even if doing so reveals one's own hypocrisy

(E) there is no moral difference between driving a gas guzzler and driving a smaller car
Peraski: Although driving gas-guzzling automobiles produces a greater   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2019, 11:06

Peraski: Although driving gas-guzzling automobiles produces a greater

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap