It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 09:14

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

please evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

please evaluate my profile [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2014, 06:23
I am an engineer currently working as Electronics Instrumentation engineer in OIL & GAS consultancy PSU. This year july I will complete 2 year work ex. My GMAT score 700 (Q48, V38, IR 4).GPA 3.9, CLASS 10th : 88%, 12th : 92 % (JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY, INDIA). With such a low work ex, is it safe to wait for another year and then apply for MBA. Early entry option is a smart choice in my case??? or should I wait?? PLEASE HELP

VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 663 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: please evaluate my profile [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2014, 23:36
anubury,

The Early Entry Option is meant for people who will have less than two years of work experience as on March 31, 2015. You do not fall into this bracket, and hence cannot apply for the Early Entry Option. For more information and understanding on the ISB Early Entry option see this link: The ISB Early Entry Option: ideal for people with low work experience

In terms of waiting, just an additional year of work experience is not going to substantially improve your chances. You should try and improve your profile along multiple dimensions. You can refer to this article for pointers on some of them: How to improve your profile for MBA admissions

With a GMAT score of 700 and a GPA of 3.9, your overall academic profile seems fine for ISB. Without further information it is difficult to comment on the other parameters (extra-curriculars, work involvement, leadership, as three examples). If you are looking for a FREE thorough profile evaluation, get in touch: FREE MBA profile evaluation

Regards,
GyanOne

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 663 [0], given: 20

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2014, 06:10
anubury wrote:
I am an engineer currently working as Electronics Instrumentation engineer in OIL & GAS consultancy PSU. This year july I will complete 2 year work ex. My GMAT score 700 (Q48, V38, IR 4).GPA 3.9, CLASS 10th : 88%, 12th : 92 % (JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY, INDIA). With such a low work ex, is it safe to wait for another year and then apply for MBA. Early entry option is a smart choice in my case??? or should I wait?? PLEASE HELP

Hi,

Though your come from a diverse sector and PSU experience will help you get some brownie points, your experience is still technical. So, both 2 years work ex duration and 700 on GMAT is less.

We recommend that you add an year of experience and improve your GMAT score. Also, during this one year try to change your job profile either in the same company or another organization. Think along the lines of tender responses, operations, vendor evaluations etc. This will help you add variety to your work experience.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2014, 21:39
Hi ,

I am an IT professional,currently having 4.5 years experience and working as Analyst.
What the change of my profile getting selected or what i need to add.Please suggest.
Gmat score:702
Academics
10th:72%
12th:66%
Btech:73%
My profile is quite average..Though i have done some innovation in my work but still I think its not enough.
Please suggest what need to be done to get into ISB.

Thanks
Ritu

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2014, 23:14
mickniz wrote:
Hi ,

I am an IT professional,currently having 4.5 years experience and working as Analyst.
What the change of my profile getting selected or what i need to add.Please suggest.
Academics

Hi Ritu,

First of all, how did you get a GMAT score of 702? I guess that's a typo, and you actually meant 700.
Your acads are quite average (and low in grade 12). A GMAT score of 700 is below average at ISB and is not going to help; the adcom will look at this with scrutiny for sure. Any chance of a GMAT retake?

Highlight the work related experiences and make them do a nice job of selling your candidacy. Do get the recommenders to talk about your high analytical capabilities and intellect.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2014, 03:31
mickniz wrote:
Hi ,

Academics
Btech:73%
My profile is quite average..Though i have done some innovation in my work but still I think its not enough.
Please suggest what need to be done to get into ISB.

Thanks
Ritu

Hi Ritu,

Assuming your score is 720 which is decent you can get an interview call from ISB if you present your experience well in the essays and gel it well with goals. Talk about the domain expertise which you might have developed and focus on client interaction and team skills ( these are typical attributes of analyst profile).

What about your extra currics? If there anything there which can be leveraged.

Apphelp Team

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2014, 18:55
Thanks guys for your replies.
Indeed a great help and brought hope for me.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2014, 22:44
Hi Sir, as you said 2 year Work ex and 700 GMAT both less and I should wait for 1 more year and retake gmat also ,

But sir I came across few things that makes me doubt over applying in TOP schools for MBA even if I get 750+. these are :

1) The tution fees are huge of the order 50 lac and the scholarship amount in top schools are nominal. In that case for loan I need a U.S co-signer which I dont have.
2) Also there is a requirement of mortgauge or guarenter if I take loan of full amount from India.This too is not possible for me.

In that case, please suggest which schools I can apply that gives almost 50% or higher scholarship and good placements as well , I think those schools will be bellow in rank and for them 700 is good. Please let me know what should I do now.

Re: please evaluate my profile   [#permalink] 18 Jul 2014, 22:44

please evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap