It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 10:45

Final Week of R1 Decisions:

CHAT Rooms | MIT Sloan | McCombs 

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2017, 20:01
Hi..could someone evaluate my profile for 1 Yr MBA

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Age - 29
Xth- 84.26
XIIth – 79.24%
Undergrad- 72% ( Mumbai University)
Post-graduation – PGDM - 4.99/8
GMAT- Yet to take ( Hopefully should manage 700)

Post MBA Goals: I wish to continue in CPG/FMCG sector preferably with an MNC in a global role.
a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy focussed for an international role.
b. Change of work location

Work Exp :
Currently working as a Senior Manager-Sales. Close to 6 years of sales experience across multiple states/regions in India managing completely diverse teams.
• Currently Managing a team of 4 Managers and total team size of 60 people. Driving an annual sales turnover of $ 38 Mn. Managing business for one of the biggest territories for my company in terms of geography as well as volume. My experience is out and out sales experience across CPG/FMCG companies.

Awards and Recognition:
Tons of them, Probably 10-12 Awards/another 7-8 certificates, one of the youngest promoted to this role.

Extra-Curricular Activities: Lots of it. Mentioning a few.
• National level Sports Player
• Certified Open water SCUBA Diver by PADI
• Scholarship by Sports Authority of India for excellence
• Multiple awards by School for excellence in Sports.

Volunteer Exp - Not much barring a few blood donation camps/ working as a writer for blind students during graduation.

Some questions which I have - 1) Would that GMAT score be enough?
2) My company would mostly give me an international role in next 7-8 months ? Should I wait for that take up a year of international experience and then apply
or would I be wasting time
3) I have already done a PGDM would that affect my chances.
4) Overall evaluation of my profile? Things which I could work upon in the next 1 year to make it stronger.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 12:41
Nikozi999 wrote:
Hi..could someone evaluate my profile for 1 Yr MBA
Hi @Nikozi999, happy to answer your questions below.
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Age - 29
Xth- 84.26
XIIth – 79.24%
Undergrad- 72% ( Mumbai University) check directly with Kellogg admissions to be sure you have the right courses before applying and how they view the PGDM- should be enough to apply for 1 yr program- but then do address why you still need MORE education in business
Post-graduation – PGDM - 4.99/8
GMAT- Yet to take ( Hopefully should manage 700) It may take more than a 700 from India to stand out at Kellogg given that the overall GMAT is much higher than 700.

Post MBA Goals: I wish to continue in CPG/FMCG sector preferably with an MNC in a global role.
a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy focussed for an international role.
b. Change of work location

Work Exp :
Currently working as a Senior Manager-Sales. Close to 6 years of sales experience across multiple states/regions in India managing completely diverse teams.
• Currently Managing a team of 4 Managers and total team size of 60 people. Driving an annual sales turnover of $ 38 Mn. Managing business for one of the biggest territories for my company in terms of geography as well as volume. My experience is out and out sales experience across CPG/FMCG companies.
work experience is strong
Awards and Recognition:
Tons of them, Probably 10-12 Awards/another 7-8 certificates, one of the youngest promoted to this role.

Extra-Curricular Activities: Lots of it. Mentioning a few.
• National level Sports Player
• Certified Open water SCUBA Diver by PADI
• Scholarship by Sports Authority of India for excellence
• Multiple awards by School for excellence in Sports.

Volunteer Exp - Not much barring a few blood donation camps/ working as a writer for blind students during graduation.

Some questions which I have - 1) Would that GMAT score be enough? I don't think so
2) My company would mostly give me an international role in next 7-8 months ? Should I wait for that take up a year of international experience and then apply
or would I be wasting time the international role could make your profile even stronger
3) I have already done a PGDM would that affect my chances. be sure to address why you still want more education and how Kellogg helps you
4) Overall evaluation of my profile? Things which I could work upon in the next 1 year to make it stronger.
I think waiting a year- getting the GMAT up and getting the intl experience may help you present stronger in a year. We do have an early advantage package where we could work with you over the next year to make sure you present as strongly as possible on all MBA application metrics and then be ready to go with full gusto in spring/summer for R1 next year. To reach out to us to learn how to do this- go to this link:https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/admissions/business-school-admissions-consulting-gmat-club-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 42

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.64
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 15:33
Background and Nationality: White, Male

Undergrad Information: Big Ten School, Finance & Accounting Degrees

GMAT: 730 (Q47, V42, IR 8, AWA 6)

Work Experience and Leadership: Four years in Financial Service Office at Big 4 firm (blend of accounting and consulting)--one of 4 lead associates on multi-million dollar project, Certified Public Accounting

Community and Others: Trekking and Mountaineering -- week long summits of Mt Kilimanjaro (2017), Machu Picchu (2016) and Mt. Rainier (2018), scuba diving, skiing, distance running

Post MBA Goals: Asset Management (majority of my clients served have been large, global asset managers)

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 84 [1], given: 5

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 19:10
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thanks for posting! See my notes below...
Good luck!
Kate

sprinni wrote:

Undergrad Information: Big Ten School, Finance & Accounting Degrees Great to have a foundation in business coursework. Solid GPA, I hope?

GMAT: 730 (Q47, V42, IR 8, AWA 6) Great score!

Work Experience and Leadership: Four years in Financial Service Office at Big 4 firm (blend of accounting and consulting)--one of 4 lead associates on multi-million dollar project, Certified Public Accounting The high-profile project exposure is great. And with 4 years experience you're at a good point in your career to apply. Have you been promoted in that time? If so highlight that, especially if it was ahead of schedule. I think your only challenge here is bringing life to your work accomplishments, on your resume and essays, as accounting work can sometimes be seen by admissions committees as a little dry.

Community and Others: Trekking and Mountaineering -- week long summits of Mt Kilimanjaro (2017), Machu Picchu (2016) and Mt. Rainier (2018), scuba diving, skiing, distance running The trekking is great. Find opportunities to bring those trips and your learnings from them into your essays, like the Kellogg growth essay for example.

Post MBA Goals: Asset Management (majority of my clients served have been large, global asset managers) Seems very reasonable.

Overall great profile. I think if you execute standout written materials, and tell a compelling story about how you fit with each school, you should be in good shape.

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 84 [1], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.64
CAT Tests
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 19:43
mbaMissionKate wrote:
Thanks for posting! See my notes below...
Good luck!
Kate

sprinni wrote:

Undergrad Information: Big Ten School, Finance & Accounting Degrees Great to have a foundation in business coursework. Solid GPA, I hope?

GMAT: 730 (Q47, V42, IR 8, AWA 6) Great score!

Work Experience and Leadership: Four years in Financial Service Office at Big 4 firm (blend of accounting and consulting)--one of 4 lead associates on multi-million dollar project, Certified Public Accountant The high-profile project exposure is great. And with 4 years experience you're at a good point in your career to apply. Have you been promoted in that time? If so highlight that, especially if it was ahead of schedule. I think your only challenge here is bringing life to your work accomplishments, on your resume and essays, as accounting work can sometimes be seen by admissions committees as a little dry.

Community and Others: Trekking and Mountaineering -- week long summits of Mt Kilimanjaro (2017), Machu Picchu (2016) and Mt. Rainier (2018), scuba diving, skiing, distance running The trekking is great. Find opportunities to bring those trips and your learnings from them into your essays, like the Kellogg growth essay for example.

Post MBA Goals: Asset Management (majority of my clients served have been large, global asset managers) Seems very reasonable.

Overall great profile. I think if you execute standout written materials, and tell a compelling story about how you fit with each school, you should be in good shape.

Hi Kate -

Thanks for the note!

I wanted to provide some additional color for you based on your response--I admittedly went light on quite a bit of detail. Apologies.

GPA was 3.641. Yes, promoted after second year to senior associate. As a senior associate, responsible with running the day-to-day operations of engagement team while executives are either remote/or at other client sites--good managerial experience for such a young age. I also appreciate the color you provided regarding tying my international experiences into the value proposition for these schools (also fortunate enough to study abroad in the United Arab Emirates).

Expert Post
S

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 21:42
sprinni-
Thanks for the additional info. GPA looks great, that plus your GMAT will put you in strong standing academically. And the promotion is great too + team management. Make sure your recommenders highlight that they can really count on you. One other thing I should note is that based on what you provided, your profile seems light on "formal" extracurricular activities like alumni orgs, non-profits, or volunteer work. Hopefully not a major concern, but if that's the case, be sure to highlight any activities you did in college, along with any voluntary roles you take on at work now like training, mentoring, recruiting, committees, etc.
Best of luck!
Kate

sprinni wrote:

Hi Kate -

Thanks for the note!

I wanted to provide some additional color for you based on your response--I admittedly went light on quite a bit of detail. Apologies.

GPA was 3.641. Yes, promoted after second year to senior associate. As a senior associate, responsible with running the day-to-day operations of engagement team while executives are either remote/or at other client sites--good managerial experience for such a young age. I also appreciate the color you provided regarding tying my international experiences into the value proposition for these schools (also fortunate enough to study abroad in the United Arab Emirates).

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 13:30
Hi all. Would love your thoughts on my profile.

Basics
26 year old white male
3.7 GPA in economics at a top 50 private university
750 GMAT

Work Experience
4 years at a boutique Salt Lake consulting firm (~100 consultants). Early promote. Currently manage a team of 3 that handles marketing (~$5M in annual sales) and backend data (SQL database and Tableau reporting layer) for our education practice. Solid analytics experience, and have a natural interest in the psychology/feeling behind the numbers. Defined our flagship and education practice brand strategies. Deep market research experience.

Extracurriculars
Executive committee member over finance for local LDS church congregation (manage team of 2 and oversee ~$1M annual donations and ~500 membership records). 2-year church service mission (served in highest leadership role overseeing training and development of 150 missionaries).

Post-MBA career goals
Short-term: Brand manager at a large CPG (also considering moving up in the consulting world to McKinsey/Bain/BCG)
Long-term: CMO of a large education consulting provider

Schools
Kellogg, Wharton, Duke, Tuck

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.4

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 12:45
Thank you for taking the time to do this. Below is my profile:
-Asian American Male 29
-UG: Service Academy 2.4 GPA 2010
-Grad: Oklahoma State University, M.S. Entrepreneurship 3.8 GPA 2013 with A's in finance and accounting classes
-GMAT: 710
-Served 5 years in Military, significant leadership experience, led team through major organizational change, resulting in team winning yearly award from a Major Command. Won several quarterly personal awards mainly from process improvement projects I did within my team.
- Interned part time at small venture capital/incubator executing valuations and growth strategies. Saw the impact of capital shape the future of technology.
- 2 years as medical device sales rep at F500 biotech company, turned revenue declining territory from 84% to quota to 110% to quota. After leaving the territory is currently at 73% to quota.
- Currently launching funded platform to help veterans in need access health benefits and gentrification aid, we are projecting at a 60% increase in veterans benefits accessed. Launch projected for late January.
- Selected for rotational internship at a top bulge bracket bank, will start in March of 2018.
- Short term goal: investment banking in healthcare to learn the verticals and growth factors of the healthcare industry
- Long term goal: venture capitalist in healthcare specifically biotechnology. As a sales rep in biotech I saw the impact biotech had on people's lives. I want to help improve the quality of life globally through raising capital for biotech.
Do I even have a shot at Kellogg or should I be spending time to finish applications elsewhere during this final month before Round 2 ends?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Expert Post
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 10:44
Hi spencerbryson! See my notes below, and feel free to reach out to us for a free 30 min phone consult if you'd like to chat more about your profile: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/
Best of luck!
Kate

spencerbryson wrote:
Hi all. Would love your thoughts on my profile.

Basics
26 year old white male
3.7 GPA in economics at a top 50 private university
750 GMAT
Great stats -- this puts you in an excellent position for Kellogg.
Work Experience
4 years at a boutique Salt Lake consulting firm (~100 consultants). Early promote. Currently manage a team of 3 that handles marketing (~$5M in annual sales) and backend data (SQL database and Tableau reporting layer) for our education practice. Solid analytics experience, and have a natural interest in the psychology/feeling behind the numbers. Defined our flagship and education practice brand strategies. Deep market research experience.
Very strong work experience. I really like the mix of analytical and people skills, and the specialization in education. Early promotion is great too.
Extracurriculars
Executive committee member over finance for local LDS church congregation (manage team of 2 and oversee ~$1M annual donations and ~500 membership records). 2-year church service mission (served in highest leadership role overseeing training and development of 150 missionaries).
Wonderful -- great leadership and commitment to your community.
Post-MBA career goals
Short-term: Brand manager at a large CPG (also considering moving up in the consulting world to McKinsey/Bain/BCG)
Long-term: CMO of a large education consulting provider
I've had past clients use the MBA to move from a boutique to MBB, that's definitely doable. The brand management path is doable too, though it would pull you away from the education focus. I suppose a marketing role at an edtech company or startup might also be an option.
Schools
Kellogg, Wharton, Duke, Tuck
These are all great schools for consulting, and marketing too. Wharton will be toughest and Duke should be pretty safe for you.

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

Expert Post
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 11:04
Hi builtok,

Thanks for sharing your profile! I think Kellogg will be tough -- you've got a shot, but it's a low one. Really depends on how well you execute your application and whether they can get over the GPA. The Grad GPA helps and the experience in business courses helps to prove you can manage the MBA. But with a GPA below 3, I really want to see your GMAT at or above the school's average, and Kellogg is up to a record high 732 this year! Your military experience will definitely give your chances a boost, and the fact that you landed an internship at a top bank will look great too.

Good luck!
Kate

builtok wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to do this. Below is my profile:
-Asian American Male 29
-UG: Service Academy 2.4 GPA 2010
-Grad: Oklahoma State University, M.S. Entrepreneurship 3.8 GPA 2013 with A's in finance and accounting classes
-GMAT: 710
-Served 5 years in Military, significant leadership experience, led team through major organizational change, resulting in team winning yearly award from a Major Command. Won several quarterly personal awards mainly from process improvement projects I did within my team.
- Interned part time at small venture capital/incubator executing valuations and growth strategies. Saw the impact of capital shape the future of technology.
- 2 years as medical device sales rep at F500 biotech company, turned revenue declining territory from 84% to quota to 110% to quota. After leaving the territory is currently at 73% to quota.
- Currently launching funded platform to help veterans in need access health benefits and gentrification aid, we are projecting at a 60% increase in veterans benefits accessed. Launch projected for late January.
- Selected for rotational internship at a top bulge bracket bank, will start in March of 2018.
- Short term goal: investment banking in healthcare to learn the verticals and growth factors of the healthcare industry
- Long term goal: venture capitalist in healthcare specifically biotechnology. As a sales rep in biotech I saw the impact biotech had on people's lives. I want to help improve the quality of life globally through raising capital for biotech.
Do I even have a shot at Kellogg or should I be spending time to finish applications elsewhere during this final month before Round 2 ends?

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: -21 [0], given: 61

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 11:51
Hi, all would love to hear should I consider kellog as an option

Basics
26 year male Indian
Xth = 80.2%
XIIth=85.5%
GPA = 7.83/10(Mechanical engineering from good private Indian university)

Work experience
4.5 years till now in a thermal power plant (core operations) handling operations of 2 x 300 MW power plant.
Received many accolades and most number of spot recognition awards in the entire plant.
Twice won best technical suggestion of the month

Also member of contingency team- providing help and suggestion at various departments of plant helping departments to smoothen their functioning

Extracurricular
Organised annual meets, sports meets and technical meets for company along with hr team as a part of personal interest (love event management)
Organised fests and clubs at college level also.
Junior corporate level badminton and cricket player but had to leave due to injury

Thinking of MBA to have career in techno commercial field (mid management or junior management role)

GMAT Score 650 hoping to improve till 690 or 700 in next attempt.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: -21 [0], given: 61

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.22
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 13:50
28M
Background:
-Work Experience: 5 years at intake of Electrical Engineering work at a high profile government science agency. 2 promotions with increasing responsibilities, the latest of which has me leading a team of 5.
-Extra Curricular: Volunteer tutoring for at risk youth (this is a fairly recent addition that I have been involved with for less than a year), Intramural Volleyball
-Undergrad School/Major: Top 10 ranked public engineering school, Mechanical Engineering
Stats:
-GMAT: 760, 49Q, 44V
-GPA: 3.21
MBA Goals: I want to transition into management consulting at MBB.

Thanks for any advice!

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 54

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 19:06
StrugglingGmat2910 wrote:
Hi, all would love to hear should I consider kellog as an option

Basics
26 year male Indian
Xth = 80.2%
XIIth=85.5%
GPA = 7.83/10(Mechanical engineering from good private Indian university)

Work experience
4.5 years till now in a thermal power plant (core operations) handling operations of 2 x 300 MW power plant.
Received many accolades and most number of spot recognition awards in the entire plant.
Twice won best technical suggestion of the month

Also member of contingency team- providing help and suggestion at various departments of plant helping departments to smoothen their functioning

Extracurricular
Organised annual meets, sports meets and technical meets for company along with hr team as a part of personal interest (love event management)
Organised fests and clubs at college level also.
Junior corporate level badminton and cricket player but had to leave due to injury

Thinking of MBA to have career in techno commercial field (mid management or junior management role)

GMAT Score 650 hoping to improve till 690 or 700 in next attempt.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Aim for a 740+ GMAT to have a shot at Kellogg. A 700 is still going to be much below GMAT scores Indian applicants typically have

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 54

Expert Post
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 19:23
Hi Jpetrilli89!

Your work experience sounds really strong; the promotions and team management experience are great.

Extra curriculars sound a little light, so make sure you talk about how you'll contribute to the Kellogg community. It's a school where they really value students who get involved, so make sure to show them that will be a priority for you.

GPA is slightly below average but given your major and if it's a high ranking school, I don't think it should be a major concern. Plus your GMAT is excellent.

Overall I think you've got a shot, if you execute really standout essays. Check out our Kellogg essay analysis for additional tips here: https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2017/06 ... 2017-2018/

Good luck!
Kate

Jpetrilli89 wrote:
28M
Background:
-Work Experience: 5 years at intake of Electrical Engineering work at a high profile government science agency. 2 promotions with increasing responsibilities, the latest of which has me leading a team of 5.
-Extra Curricular: Volunteer tutoring for at risk youth (this is a fairly recent addition that I have been involved with for less than a year), Intramural Volleyball
-Undergrad School/Major: Top 10 ranked public engineering school, Mechanical Engineering
Stats:
-GMAT: 760, 49Q, 44V
-GPA: 3.21
MBA Goals: I want to transition into management consulting at MBB.

Thanks for any advice!

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2017, 19:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   [ 194 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap