Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Please rate my essay (day 1) [#permalink]
here is another one I wrote for 25 mins.

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Food has always been one of the most important survival factors for humans. Since the first day of the human civilization food is the main resource needed in order to guarantee existence. The way we look at food, however, has changed dramatically since the last decade. Although food is now easily accessible by everyone, in my opinion, the quality of it has severely worsened.

Firstly, in the last fifty years, people have been forced to let go of their healthy meals in favor of the fast food. Fast food is the name of the newly established chains such as McDonalds and KFC offering meals at good price with undoubted negative health effects. Fast food is mainly made by conserved meat, sweet bread and genetically modified potatoes. No matter how affordable this food is, the health complications in the long-term have been reported to range from heart attacks, strokes and even cancer.

Secondly, food has always been connected with the social well-being of people. For instance, enjoying a nice dinner with few fellows at a restaurant can provide a stress free environment, which can help individuals to recover after work. Today, this social aspect of food has now has changed as people always in a hurry, which forces them to eat fast food rather than enjoying a healthy meal at a restaurant.

Thirdly and most importantly, food is being prepared easily nowadays, but due to this fact the quality has suffered a lot. The food industry is focused on utilizing all available resources by using many kinds of chemicals and genetically modified ingredients, hoping to generate as much profit as possible. Surely, companies need to be focused on making a profit. However, the health implications to people might cause bigger expenditures in the long-term.

In conclusion, food has definitely become easier to prepare, but coupled with our fast-going lives this exposes us to unhealthy habits and, unfortunately, in exponential growth of serious diseases.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V24
Send PM
Hey dimovsky88!
Thanks for your essays! I will definetely analyze and use some key words among them!
Did you take TOEFL exam? What is you overall score and writing score?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4386 posts