GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 11:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Poll :Copenhagen vs Emlyon MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copenhagen vs Emlyon MBA

• 20% [1]
  • 80% [4]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Poll :Copenhagen vs Emlyon MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 01:32
Hi!

I am an Indian applicant and have received scholarship from both Emlyon

My post MBA goals are to move into strategy consulting (although it's not set in stone, i am open for product management roles in tech firms as well). I already have a product management background in data analytics .

I am a bit confused among these schools:

Any leads will be helpful!!
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member
Poll :Copenhagen vs Emlyon MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 02:46
thethinker wrote:
Hi!

My post MBA goals are to move into strategy consulting (although it's not set in stone, i am open for product management roles in tech firms as well). I already have a product management background in data analytics .

Hello thethinker

Congrats on admission to both schools and received scholarship :thumbup:

You should not be confused between those two schools, you should have gone through thorough research before applying in case something like this (multiple offers) may happen, so you can know in advance your preference.

Based on FT rankings EMLyon is just a little bit better ranked than Copenhagen, with little bit better average weighted salary and higher salary increase :

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... nking-2018

If we take a look at another FT rankings list of best European business schools difference is apparent, EMLyon is on 21. place vs. Copenhagen on 33. (was on 51. place just year ago)

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... kings-2018

Economist also agrees with this juxtaposing, EMLyon is placed on 70. place worldwide vs. Copenhagen being on 89. place.

Moreover, I present you with head to head comparison between them, by using Economist comparison tool in all important categories below (lower number means better ranked ).

Having said all this, you will not make a wrong choice if you decide to go to Copenhagen, it is well known school in Europe and abroad.

Also, you should know where you would rather live, Lyon vs. Copenhagen, I cannot answer that for you ;) it comes to personal preference.

I will vote for EMLyon.

Good Luck with decision :cool:
Attachments

emlyon vs. copen.png
emlyon vs. copen.png [ 109.76 KiB | Viewed 300 times ]

G
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Poll :Copenhagen vs Emlyon MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 01:40
No certain answer to this.
I think you must visit their employment stats and companies which recruit from there.
Then you should decide which school you want to attend. Also look at the focus of the school and Courses you want to enroll in.
Do you want to come back to India after MBA or want to work in Europe? based on the answer decide which school has reputation in Indian Market OR which school places International candidates in Europe market. How is the international MBA hiring from both the schools. Connect with Alumni and people who are in you target sector to understand the same.

I hope it helps.

thethinker wrote:
Hi!

Manager
S
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 04:52
I saw the Emlyon's placement statistics and it was until 2015-16.Speaking to Emlyon students ,there weren't able to provide clear picture.The school has entrepreneur focus.
This information makes me skeptical

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 05:33
Personally, I never heard the name of Emlyon before except for Once when One of my friend from IIM Calcutta was going for Exchange Semester program. So I have no idea about the reputation of it. why don't you look into Linkedin for the India MBA from Emlyon and where they are now?? This might help.
If Emloyn is an entrepreneur Scool, As those students said, you can surely find traces on LinkedIn. If your target is entrepreneurship then you can think about it, But IMHO you should go to Copenhagen. you can find many indian MBA grad from Copenhgen on LinkedIn.

All the best with your selection. Do let us know the decision and reason behind.
Best Wishes.

AverageGuy123 wrote:
I saw the Emlyon's placement statistics and it was until 2015-16.Speaking to Emlyon students ,there weren't able to provide clear picture.The school has entrepreneur focus.
This information makes me skeptical

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
B
Schools: Copenhagen (A$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2019, 00:48
Hi,
I'd love to hear what you've chosen. Personally, I've been admitted to an MSc at EMLyon (double degree with Hanken, Finland) and CBS with full-ride scholarships, and ended up choosing CBS for the following reasons:
1/ CBS is the top 1 business school in Denmark, while EMLyon is top 4, 5 in France.
2/ I prefer the program at CBS than that of EmLyon.
3/ The potential of the CEMS double degree at CBS.
4/ Most opportunities in France happen in Paris, while Copenhagen is the hub of Denmark.
5/ Relatively easier access to the job market in Sweden/Germany - My targeted countries after graduation.
It was a tough decision for me, as I really love French language and culture. France is also much bigger than Denmark in terms of population and job opportunities.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Poll :Copenhagen vs Emlyon MBA   [#permalink] 25 Jun 2019, 00:48

Poll :Copenhagen vs Emlyon MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste