Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [40]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 362
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [10]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Hi everyone...
First of all this is to say that all of the people here seem to be really dedicated and selfless helpers. Many thanks for that.
I'm an aspirant for ISB-PGP Intake of 2016 (Class of 2017).

I've recently taken the GMAT and scored a 690 (Q48, V35, IR7). I hope to get some vital help from the members here.
To start, please suggest whether 690 is enough for admissions or should I retake the GMAT before starting my application. If my profile is needed to be known, I can share that too.

There are many more queries but I thought to start with this one.

Your advises would be really helpful to me.

Thanks in anticipation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
abhigulani wrote:
Hi everyone...
First of all this is to say that all of the people here seem to be really dedicated and selfless helpers. Many thanks for that.
I'm an aspirant for ISB-PGP Intake of 2016 (Class of 2017).

I've recently taken the GMAT and scored a 690 (Q48, V35, IR7). I hope to get some vital help from the members here.
To start, please suggest whether 690 is enough for admissions or should I retake the GMAT before starting my application. If my profile is needed to be known, I can share that too.

There are many more queries but I thought to start with this one.

Your advises would be really helpful to me.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi abhigulani,

It actually depends on your Work ex and educational background. If you are from the traditional Engg background and especially in IT, then i guess 690 isnt great. I have a 710 but wasnt invited for an interview also(could have been because of my average GPA, bad essays etc..) . You still have time so I would advice you to go again for the GMAT and apply. This is just my opinion.

EbadAsh
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks a lot for the advise EbadAsh.

Actually, I'm an electrical engineer with good academics. I really want to retake the GMAT but I fear if I spend another couple of months I may rush through my application process as majority suggest that it takes about a trimester to build a strong application.

Btw, I'm new at this forum and its really nice and motivating to see one's posts being replied so positively.

Thanks all.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [2]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
ISB Co2017 application is announced. The dates are delayed compared to previous year.

More :
https://pgpapp.isb.edu/user/KeyDates.html

Application Portal:
https://pgpapp.isb.edu/user/default.aspx

All the best.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [1]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
abhigulani wrote:

Actually, I'm an electrical engineer with good academics. I really want to retake the GMAT but I fear if I spend another couple of months I may rush through my application process as majority suggest that it takes about a trimester to build a strong application.

Btw, I'm new at this forum and its really nice and motivating to see one's posts being replied so positively.

Thanks all.

The indian pool is quite competitive. Higher GMAT score will not guarantee admits nor lower score decreases chances of the admit.

ISB admission to be frankly, has changed a little bit and they are concentrating more on the profile and marketability than "score". If you can, take the test. Higher GMAT score will never hurt you and increases the chances of getting in. This year, admission for incoming class 2015, there are lot of people called who had their scores in the range of 670-700. But if you want peace of mind, better increase it to make 700+ .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
abhigulani wrote:

Thanks all.

A better GMAT score will only enhance your application. You still have sufficient time for the application. Maybe giving a GMAT 2 months from now is not such a bad idea. Anyway its upto you and how you intend to proceed with it.

All the best.
Current Student
Send PM
kinjiGC wrote:
abhigulani wrote:

Thanks all.

The indian pool is quite competitive. Higher GMAT score will not guarantee admits nor lower score decreases chances of the admit.

ISB admission to be frankly, has changed a little bit and they are concentrating more on the profile and marketability than "score". If you can, take the test. Higher GMAT score will never hurt you and increases the chances of getting in. This year, admission for incoming class 2015, there are lot of people called who had their scores in the range of 670-700. But if you want peace of mind, better increase it to make 700+ .

That's a nice thought actually. I've started to re-prepare for the test, if at least, to improve the odds in favor.
Btw, the number of recommendations this year is 1 (I suppose it used to be 2) if i'm not wrong.
Current Student
Send PM
A brain teaser for all: what should a person do about his/her evaluations if he has issues with his boss... what can be other options???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,

I have scored 710 on my first attempt at GMAT(Q51 V34) and aiming for ISB. However I have a GPA of only 2.8. Other than that I have engineering background from IIT and good 10 12 marks. Do you think I have a chance in getting a call and converting it due to my low GPA? Or do I need to score more to compensate it? I have 3 years work ex in consulting.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Send PM
abhigulani wrote:
A brain teaser for all: what should a person do about his/her evaluations if he has issues with his boss... what can be other options???

You can have your seniors in the project as the recommenders or may be the client ...
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
swagnikb wrote:
Hi,

I have scored 710 on my first attempt at GMAT(Q51 V34) and aiming for ISB. However I have a GPA of only 2.8. Other than that I have engineering background from IIT and good 10 12 marks. Do you think I have a chance in getting a call and converting it due to my low GPA? Or do I need to score more to compensate it? I have 3 years work ex in consulting.

Given your background, I think you are good to go and there is no need for the retake.
Higher GMAT scores are typically needed for the people from the IT backgrounds.
You have many differentiating factors already. IIT brand, work ex in consulting. Focus on the application now.

Also, what is your CGPA on the scale of 10?
I think by putting it as 2.8, your being too harsh on yourself :P :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 122 [1]
Given Kudos: 546
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 03-18-2015
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
In for R1.
Thanks
Celestial
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,

I gave the GMAT and scored a 710 (Q-49/V-35). My GPA is 3.5 and I have done my engineering in IT. I currently have a work ex of 24 months in Testing in the IT Industry. I am targeting ISB Class of 2017. Is there a need for me to give the GMAT again?

Originally posted by ptecks on 04 May 2015, 23:55.
Last edited by ptecks on 04 May 2015, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hello All !!!!

I am a mechanical engineer working in Engineering Services (Aerospace Sector) for 3 years. I gave my GMAT with 1-1.5 months preparation and ended up with a shocker 630 :( ......
Planning for a retake.

I have 2 queries:-

1.) How much is the GMAT cutoff for Non-IT Engineers (Mech,Civil) (on an avg)??
2.) Is it better to apply first time without international work-ex under your belt. I ll most probably travel to UK this year for 6-8 months. So is it better to come back and apply next year first time ?? or apply without international work experience??

Originally posted by Cadaver on 04 May 2015, 23:56.
Last edited by Cadaver on 05 May 2015, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
abhigulani wrote:

You can have your seniors in the project as the recommenders or may be the client ...

Thnx Ankur.

I'll search for some people of that sort... btw just to let u knw i've started to prepare for the retake... i hope to continue getting ur humble advises..
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Cadaver wrote:
Hello All !!!!

I am a mechanical engineer working in Engineering Services (Aerospace Sector) for 3 years. I gave my GMAT with 1-1.5 months preparation and ended up with a shocker 630 :( ......
Planning for a retake.

I have 2 queries:-

1.) How much is the GMAT cutoff for Non-IT Engineers (Mech,Civil) (on an avg)??
1.) Is it better to apply first time without international work-ex under your belt. I ll most probably travel to UK this year for 6-8 months. So is it better to come back and apply next year first time ?? or apply without international work experience??

Cadaver,

1. There is no specific cutoff for non-IT engineers. In general, aim for a score of 680+, and 700+ to feel even more comfortable.
2. International experience is not a huge factor at ISB, though it can help. In case you feel you are ready to apply this year (after retaking the GMAT), you can go ahead this year itself. Working in a niche sector (Aerospace) will help you as well.

Feel free to come back with more queries on this/other aspects. Happy to help.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi,
How to scale GPA on 4.My GPA is 6.51 on 10.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts