It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 22:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 49

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 24

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2015, 03:41
Expert's post
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
mudita207 wrote:
Hi,
can anyone clear my doubt @ letter of recommendation.
Due to some reason I have to resign from my job. and I am planning to apply for 2016 intake,so it would be right to get letter of recommendation now from my employer??

Please Suggest...


Hi mudita207! The application portal is now open, so you can very well get your recos submitted now (and you can submit your application at your convenience, closer to the October 15 deadline). But if you are want to give it some time and get the recos done later, your current recommenders can give you the reco even at a later point of time, as your former supervisor/colleague.

All the Best!
'ISBmantra'

http://www.isbmantra.com/people.html
_________________

[The only company with former ISB Admissions Officials on Board] | ISBmantra.com

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 24

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Apr 2014
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 5

Location: India
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2015, 06:22
1
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks for your valuable feedback, I'll keep these things in mind.

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 5

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1440

Kudos [?]: 1293 [0], given: 819

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2015, 23:11
execnitinsharma wrote:
hello everyone!!!

I am currently a student of ISB CO2016. Let me know in case you guys need any help!! I owe a lot to GMATClub.com, lemme see if I can help you future aspirants to get into your dream school.

Not that I am averse to PMs but keep your questions public so that others can also learn from the responses.

Ankur, you are doing a great job man!! Hats Off. By the way r u joining Tepper???


Thanks a lot for your helping hand :)
No, I have decided to let go of the offer due to some constraints...
_________________

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kudos [?]: 1293 [0], given: 819

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 107

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 34

Location: India
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2015, 23:12
Hi..
I have a situation and would be really glad if someone could help.

My GMAT score is 720 (Q48 V41), which from what i read on the forum randomly, is just about fine for ISB. (If i have assumed it incorrect, please let me know)

What iam concerned about is my profile. I have been in Merchant Navy (Deck,ie, Non Engineer) and sailed from 2004 to 2010, out of which 2004 to 2007 was apprenticeship. 2009 to 2010 i have sailed as a deck officer. My degree, B.Sc., Nautical Technology (Distance Learning from Mumbai University) is structured in a way that i could have only obtained it 2010. Would my work ex as an officer in Merchant Navy not count as it was prior to my graduation?

Also, since 2010, I have been running a digital marketing (partnership) firm as an entrepreneur. Iam confused about calculating my work experience.

Also, are distance learning degrees valid for applying to ISB and other colleges?

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 34

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2015, 00:01
Hi,

I am planning to apply to ISB in round 1.

I have already started with essays, although, I do need some help who can guide me and provide me feedback or a brainstorming session, may be.
I am looking for a professional help however I am confuse which one should I opt for :? . Seniors, if you have any idea your help would be much appreciated or even you can help me out given that you already had gone through the entire application process. :-D

Also one thing - Will a full time but unpaid job be considered as work experience.

Any reply would be grateful.


Thankyou :-D

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 892

Kudos [?]: 142 [0], given: 49

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2015, 00:16
chesterstreet wrote:
Hi..
I have a situation and would be really glad if someone could help.

My GMAT score is 720 (Q48 V41), which from what i read on the forum randomly, is just about fine for ISB. (If i have assumed it incorrect, please let me know)

What iam concerned about is my profile. I have been in Merchant Navy (Deck,ie, Non Engineer) and sailed from 2004 to 2010, out of which 2004 to 2007 was apprenticeship. 2009 to 2010 i have sailed as a deck officer. My degree, B.Sc., Nautical Technology (Distance Learning from Mumbai University) is structured in a way that i could have only obtained it 2010. Would my work ex as an officer in Merchant Navy not count as it was prior to my graduation?

Also, since 2010, I have been running a digital marketing (partnership) firm as an entrepreneur. Iam confused about calculating my work experience.

Also, are distance learning degrees valid for applying to ISB and other colleges?

Thanks


Hi Chesterstreet,
I have pulled out some FAQs from the ISB website, which should answer your questions.

"I have completed a three year diploma course but do not have an under-graduate degree. Am I eligible for the ISB Programme?

The eligibility criterion at the ISB requires all students to have an undergraduate degree. If your diploma is considered to be equivalent to a degree by the appropriate authorities then it will be acceptable otherwise not."

"The eligibility criteria are:
Students must possess an undergraduate/graduate or post-graduate degree in any discipline
A minimum of two years' full-time post qualification work experience is preferred. Exceptional candidates with lesser experience will be considered for deferred admission."

Going by these:
1. If your distance learning BA is from a deemed university (which it is), you should be eligible.
2. If your work experience is more than two years (in your case 4 years plus after completing undergrad), then you should be eligible.
As your questions are technical in nature, I would urge you to reach out to the admissions team and get a confirmation.

Apprentice does not count as full time work experience at ISB. So the period between 2004-7 may not be counted as full time work experience. But even then you must show your entire experience (2004 onwards) in the application, and can also use the optional essay to explain this.

And you are good with the GMAT. Don't get talked by anybody into a retake.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Work with our *STAR* team comprising alumni from top 10 Business Schools

Kudos [?]: 142 [0], given: 49

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 107

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 34

Location: India
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2015, 04:17
MBADecoder wrote:
chesterstreet wrote:
Hi..
I have a situation and would be really glad if someone could help.

My GMAT score is 720 (Q48 V41), which from what i read on the forum randomly, is just about fine for ISB. (If i have assumed it incorrect, please let me know)

What iam concerned about is my profile. I have been in Merchant Navy (Deck,ie, Non Engineer) and sailed from 2004 to 2010, out of which 2004 to 2007 was apprenticeship. 2009 to 2010 i have sailed as a deck officer. My degree, B.Sc., Nautical Technology (Distance Learning from Mumbai University) is structured in a way that i could have only obtained it 2010. Would my work ex as an officer in Merchant Navy not count as it was prior to my graduation?

Also, since 2010, I have been running a digital marketing (partnership) firm as an entrepreneur. Iam confused about calculating my work experience.

Also, are distance learning degrees valid for applying to ISB and other colleges?

Thanks


Hi Chesterstreet,
I have pulled out some FAQs from the ISB website, which should answer your questions.

"I have completed a three year diploma course but do not have an under-graduate degree. Am I eligible for the ISB Programme?

The eligibility criterion at the ISB requires all students to have an undergraduate degree. If your diploma is considered to be equivalent to a degree by the appropriate authorities then it will be acceptable otherwise not."

"The eligibility criteria are:
Students must possess an undergraduate/graduate or post-graduate degree in any discipline
A minimum of two years' full-time post qualification work experience is preferred. Exceptional candidates with lesser experience will be considered for deferred admission."

Going by these:
1. If your distance learning BA is from a deemed university (which it is), you should be eligible.
2. If your work experience is more than two years (in your case 4 years plus after completing undergrad), then you should be eligible.
As your questions are technical in nature, I would urge you to reach out to the admissions team and get a confirmation.

Apprentice does not count as full time work experience at ISB. So the period between 2004-7 may not be counted as full time work experience. But even then you must show your entire experience (2004 onwards) in the application, and can also use the optional essay to explain this.

And you are good with the GMAT. Don't get talked by anybody into a retake.



Many thanks for the reply! I wasn't sure whether to mention my work ex at merchant navy. I have more clarity now.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 34

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 09:03
Hello all,

These posts are great. I am getting scared too after seeing the profiles. Please help me with my questions.

1. I worked in IT for 2.5 years. Then quit and started my own business, ran the show for 9 months and again now working in IT. I used to sell some imported goods online but I have no license or any kind of certificate which shows I did that. My father is a business man (construction and bakery), can I use this to any sort of advantage?

2. I haven't given my gmat yet, planning to give it end of July or first week of August. Is this any good or should I just forget and try next time?

3. Can someone prepare their application and profile in like 15-30 days so that I can apply for round 1 (Deadline is October 15)? Or should I try for second round?

4. Is there any difference or advantages by applying in round 1 rather than round 2.

As of now my profile is
80% - 10th CBSE
92% - 12th
8.8 on 10 GPA in Engg from Information Science stream.

Regarding the GMAT score, I very well know I need 700+ and I will work hard and try to get that. If not, then god help me.

Please help me with my queries so that I can plan my future.

Thank you very much.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 892

Kudos [?]: 142 [2] , given: 49

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 11:33
2
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
msknext wrote:

1. I worked in IT for 2.5 years. Then quit and started my own business, ran the show for 9 months and again now working in IT. I used to sell some imported goods online but I have no license or any kind of certificate which shows I did that. My father is a business man (construction and bakery), can I use this to any sort of advantage?

2. I haven't given my gmat yet, planning to give it end of July or first week of August. Is this any good or should I just forget and try next time?

3. Can someone prepare their application and profile in like 15-30 days so that I can apply for round 1 (Deadline is October 15)? Or should I try for second round?

4. Is there any difference or advantages by applying in round 1 rather than round 2.

Regarding the GMAT score, I very well know I need 700+ and I will work hard and try to get that. If not, then god help me.



1. Typically b-schools do not ask for certificates etc. But just to make sure, if you asked for proof, I am certain your bank transactions should work as proof. I didn't understand how you intend using your father's business to your advantage- unless if you are working there (full time or part time).

2. You can take your GMAT this year even if you plan to apply next year. GMAT scores are valid for 5 years. I think you need to understand whether your profile is competitive for this year. If you are able to show achievements and learning in both your IT and entrepreneurial experience, then it should be okay to apply.

3. You can prepare your application in 15-30 days...but hearing this almost 5 months before the application sounds odd- why would you be in this situation? you can start your preparation from now itself.

4. You will not be disadvantaged if you apply in Round2.

Yes, do try to score 700+
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Work with our *STAR* team comprising alumni from top 10 Business Schools


Last edited by MBADecoder on 15 May 2015, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 142 [2] , given: 49

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2013
Posts: 944

Kudos [?]: 1006 [2] , given: 548

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 21:48
2
This post received
KUDOS
msknext wrote:
Hello all,

Regarding the GMAT score, I very well know I need 700+ and I will work hard and try to get that. If not, then god help me.



I guess Namita cleared most of the doubts.

One thing I want to say, 700+ doesn't guarantee anything, it gives you a fighting chance. That's it, post that your profile and your interview matters.

And always Round 1 - always and then Round 2 is the last ditch effort.
_________________

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Kudos [?]: 1006 [2] , given: 548

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2015
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 02:54
Hi All,

Can u plz provide the difference while applying in R1 ,R2 and R3 round in terms of probability percentage to get admission in ISB.

Also if I would apply in R2 or R3 round and would not able to make it, then would it be possible applying for next year i.e. Class of 2018 Round 1 ??
I am planning to give GMAT but my Verbal score is not improving especially in Sentence correction. Any help is highly appreciated..

Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2013
Posts: 944

Kudos [?]: 1006 [0], given: 548

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 03:13
reshu1010 wrote:
Hi All,

Can u plz provide the difference while applying in R1 ,R2 and R3 round in terms of probability percentage to get admission in ISB.

Also if I would apply in R2 or R3 round and would not able to make it, then would it be possible applying for next year i.e. Class of 2018 Round 1 ??
I am planning to give GMAT but my Verbal score is not improving especially in Sentence correction. Any help is highly appreciated..

Thanks.


ISB doesn't have R3. Almost all the US schools have R3 apart from MIT Sloan as far as I know.

The data I guess Namita can highlight but R1 has the least seats of the both the rounds as less number of applicants apply compared to R2. So R2 has the highest number of seats as highest number of applicants apply. R1 gives you an advantage as still the applicants are not that competitive (general assumption).

Also there are scholarships on offer for R1
"As a new initiative to support top talent, the ISB has decided to introduce 10 merit-based full tuition fee waivers to those applying in Round-1 of the selection process"
: http://www.isb.edu/pgp/fees-financing/Scholarships

Yes, you can apply again but you need to have another mandatory essay called reapplicant essay. Reapplicant essay is not required if you are applying for the 1st time.

Hope this clears.
_________________

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Kudos [?]: 1006 [0], given: 548

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2015, 05:21
MBADecoder wrote:
msknext wrote:

1. I worked in IT for 2.5 years. Then quit and started my own business, ran the show for 9 months and again now working in IT. I used to sell some imported goods online but I have no license or any kind of certificate which shows I did that. My father is a business man (construction and bakery), can I use this to any sort of advantage?

2. I haven't given my gmat yet, planning to give it end of July or first week of August. Is this any good or should I just forget and try next time?

3. Can someone prepare their application and profile in like 15-30 days so that I can apply for round 1 (Deadline is October 15)? Or should I try for second round?

4. Is there any difference or advantages by applying in round 1 rather than round 2.

Regarding the GMAT score, I very well know I need 700+ and I will work hard and try to get that. If not, then god help me.



1. Typically b-schools do not ask for certificates etc. But just to make sure, if you asked for proof, I am certain your bank transactions should work as proof. I didn't understand how you intend using your father's business to your advantage- unless if you are working there (full time or part time).

2. You can take your GMAT this year even if you plan to apply next year. GMAT scores are valid for 5 years. I think you need to understand whether your profile is competitive for this year. If you are able to show achievements and learning in both your IT and entrepreneurial experience, then it should be okay to apply.

3. You can prepare your application in 15-30 days...but hearing this almost 5 months before the application sounds odd- why would you be in this situation? you can start your preparation from now itself.

4. You will not be disadvantaged if you apply in Round2.

Yes, do try to score 700+


Thank you so much for this enlighting post. This has really helped me.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2015, 05:36
kinjiGC wrote:
msknext wrote:
Hello all,

Regarding the GMAT score, I very well know I need 700+ and I will work hard and try to get that. If not, then god help me.



I guess Namita cleared most of the doubts.

One thing I want to say, 700+ doesn't guarantee anything, it gives you a fighting chance. That's it, post that your profile and your interview matters.

And always Round 1 - always and then Round 2 is the last ditch effort.


Thanks a ton for this information. I will try for R1. :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 892

Kudos [?]: 142 [0], given: 49

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2015, 13:27
kinjiGC wrote:
reshu1010 wrote:
Hi All,

The data I guess Namita can highlight but R1 has the least seats of the both the rounds as less number of applicants apply compared to R2. So R2 has the highest number of seats as highest number of applicants apply. R1 gives you an advantage as still the applicants are not that competitive (general assumption).

Hope this clears.


Its difficult to give numbers because ISB takes in applicants from a number of sources- the regular PGP, the YLP and the EEO. Although I agree with you Kinjal, that there are more seats in R2 as compared to R1.

Having said this, I will emphasize that you should apply when you are ready with your application. An unimpressive application will get rejected whether its R1 or R2 - afterall, applicants do get rejected in both rounds for a number of reasons.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Work with our *STAR* team comprising alumni from top 10 Business Schools

Kudos [?]: 142 [0], given: 49

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
User avatar
G
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4570

Kudos [?]: 3516 [1] , given: 2393

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 03:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
FROM Accepted.com Blog: Indian School Of Business 2016 MBA Essay Tips & Deadlines
Image
The Indian School of Business is an excellent program for those interested in advancing to management roles in a broad spectrum of industries and those seeking positions in the consulting industry (20% of graduates earn consulting placements) and technology field (28% of graduates choose this industry upon graduation). Interestingly, while median salaries for graduates of a top US program like Stanford and Harvard only exceed the US national average by 240%, graduates of ISB can expect to earn 522% of the Indian national average wage upon graduation*.

ISB has overhauled its essay questions this year, only maintaining their standard of 3 required essays and one optional while changing the phrasing of all of the essay prompts and increasing the total word limit by 200 words (ISB is one of the few schools that actually require the strict adherence to its word limits). My comments are in blue.

Essay 1 (400 words maximum)

If we were to admit just one more student, make a compelling argument as to why that student should be you by describing an (only one) achievement in your personal / professional life that you are most proud of. What did you do that sets you apart from others? What did you learn?

This is a great question because it allows you to shine the spotlight on whatever aspect of your candidacy you feel makes you exceptional. Look at your career and extracurricular activities and identify the area in which you have achieved the greatest impact, ideally reaching a level that few other applicants can match. This is not just about a title or award you earned; the essay needs to highlight the obstacles you navigated and the challenges you overcame to reach that pinnacle. Don’t forget to discuss some of what you learned about yourself, leadership, and management.

Essay 2 (300 words maximum). Choose one of the following 2 options:

Describe a (only one) defining moment in your personal / professional life when you had to make a risky decision, and explain what you did, why and the outcome.

A risky decision means there was a lot to lose and there was no clear path forward. This essay offers applicants an opportunity to demonstrate their appetite for risk and their decision making process – was it based on data, market research, networking with experienced mentors in the field, gut instinct, or some other technique? A good essay will be able to point to significant results and impact from the risk.

or



Describe a (only one) situation in your personal / professional life when you had to interact with people from diverse backgrounds. How did it affect you and what did you learn?

Similar to option 1 above, this potential topic includes an element of the unknown: when faced with a diverse team, a leader must analyze how the cultural and/or professional backgrounds of the people involved may affect the project and take action to smooth the interactions. This is a great opportunity for applicants with international work experience to share the cultural insight they have gained.

Essay 3 (300 words maximum)

What are your post ISB career plans and how will your past experiences and the Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) contribute to taking you there?

This question is similar to last year’s essay prompt about career goals but is much more focused on what you have done (compared with last year’s emphasis on why you chose those paths). This essay demands a clear definition of what field and role you hope to enter upon graduation, the business skills and insight you have gained that will be essential to succeeding in that role, and how ISB will complement that knowledge.

Essay 4 (Optional) (200 words maximum)

Please use this space to explain any career breaks / provide any other information not covered elsewhere in the application that could significantly impact your candidature at ISB.

Note: It is not necessary to write this essay. Please use this space only if there is something really significant that you would like us to know.

Use this space to explain any gaps in your career but also take advantage of this opportunity to grant deeper insight into any leadership role or impact you have gained, emphasizing how this experience has prepared you for ISB and your future career.

ISB Application Deadlines:

Round 1: October 15, 2015 (11:59 pm India Standard time)

Round 2: January 5, 2016 (11:59 pm India Standard time)

Image

Image
As a consultant with Accepted for nearly 17 years and a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW), Jennifer Bloom has gained great experience in crafting application materials that truly differentiate you from the rest of the driven applicant pool. If you would like help with your ISB application, there are a variety of options for working with her on any budget.

Related Resources:

Best MBA Programs: A Guide to Selecting the Right One

Writing About Overcoming Obstacles in Your Application Essays

4 Ways to Show How You’ll Contribute in the Future

Tags: 2016 MBA Application, Indian School of Business, MBA Admissions

The post Indian School Of Business 2016 MBA Essay Tips & Deadlines appeared first on Accepted Admissions Consulting Blog.

Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

_________________

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3516 [1] , given: 2393

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2010
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 32

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 620 Q50 V25
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 04:16
Hi,

Can someone please evaluate my profile.

GMAT - 660 ( Q49 V31)
Work Ex - 10 years mostly in Telecom domain , currently working as IT Project Manager in Australia
Good International exposure in northern Europe and Australia - close to 6 years out of my 10 years exp
Extra curricular - nothing significant however I am member of a few charities in Sydney

I am applying to some colleges in UK and US, not sure if I apply to ISB. If its a profile based I guess I have some chance but if its purely GMAT score based I know I dont stand a chance. Can someone, who knows the ISB process well, please guide me.

Thanks in advance

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 32

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1440

Kudos [?]: 1293 [0], given: 819

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 05:34
AKD1312 wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please evaluate my profile.

GMAT - 660 ( Q49 V31)
Work Ex - 10 years mostly in Telecom domain , currently working as IT Project Manager in Australia
Good International exposure in northern Europe and Australia - close to 6 years out of my 10 years exp
Extra curricular - nothing significant however I am member of a few charities in Sydney

I am applying to some colleges in UK and US, not sure if I apply to ISB. If its a profile based I guess I have some chance but if its purely GMAT score based I know I dont stand a chance. Can someone, who knows the ISB process well, please guide me.

Thanks in advance


Hi,

Let me take a jab.

Work Experience: Definitely on the higher side considering the average hovers around 5, but it is never too late to apply. ISB has students who have work ex starting from 2 and go upto 20+ years. So definitely you stand a chance.
Your international exposure can help you a lot as you can bring an international perspective to the class.
Also, with 10 years to work ex, you should be having good great stories to tell about your leadership, team work and how you made an impact at your organization.

Extra Curricular: You must have some hobbies and might have pursued them. They can count. You might have volunteered at you organization, that can count. You can think of some on the same lines.

GMAT: Yes, the score is low when compared to the average at ISB (somewhere around 710 - 712), but I have seen people getting through with that score and much less work ex. On the flip side, I have seen people with 750, 760, 770 getting rejected after the interview.

It all depends how you showcase yourself in the application.
Please do apply.

All the best!
_________________

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kudos [?]: 1293 [0], given: 819

3 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1440

Kudos [?]: 1293 [3] , given: 819

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 05:41
3
This post received
KUDOS
When should I apply?

A very perplexing questions at this point of time for many of you would be:
In which Round should I apply?

The following pointers might be of some help:

Benefits of applying in Round 1:
1. You get a shot at an empty classroom :)
2. You get a shot at the full tuition waivers, and also the partial tuition waivers are more in number in R1
3. You get a chance to be waitlisted, if at all you are just on the borderline. There is no waitlist for R2.
4. You get your result early and can ask your employer for a smooth exit process.

Benefits of applying in Round 2:
1. More time to write the essays.
2. In the event of you not getting the desired GMAT score, you can retake the test and apply again.
3. Get the help from the admits of Round 1. (Find that friend who got through :) )
4. Perfect for the procrastinators.

And most importantly do not submit an average application in Round 1 when you have the potential to submit an excellent application in Round 2.
So, in the end, I would ask you to decide which Round you want to apply to keeping the above things in mind.

All the best!

P.S. If anyone can think of some other points or wants to correct any of these, please feel free to list them and I will incorporate them in the list.
_________________

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kudos [?]: 1293 [3] , given: 819

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2015
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 11:05
Hello Everyone!!!

I am planning to apply for ISB-PGP 2017. I have an almost 3 year old GMAT score of 680 (Q47 V36). I have 9 years of work ex in IT with a fair bit of international experience. I have two questions
1)I've learned from the ISB website that the average work ex at ISB is 5 years. Does it work against me that my work ex is on the higher side compared to the average?
2) Is there a need for me to retake GMAT both in terms of the actual score (too low?) and the age of the score (3 years this july)?

Looking forward to all the help I can get on here! :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 18 May 2015, 11:05

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  63    Next  [ 1247 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All ISB Admitted Students Class Of 2018 (2017 intake) HaddyPainkiller 22 29 Apr 2017, 23:15
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic ISB PGPPro (First Batch) 2017 Intake: Calling all Applicants!! Narenn 8 11 Dec 2016, 23:28
126 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 HaddyPainkiller 677 24 Jul 2017, 02:42
6 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all ISB Admitted Students - Class of 2016 (2015 Intake) Narenn 35 02 Sep 2015, 00:31
715 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016 ankurgupta03 1033 27 Dec 2015, 01:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.