Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 580 Q36 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q46 V35
WE:Public Relations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
MaryBelBr wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm super happy for being accepted by Vand! I got my result on January 22 and information about scholarship on February 24.

I will go to the Welcome Weekend next month. Anyone else is going?

Let's try to meet each other there! teleste are you going to be in the school during the Welcome Weekend?

Have a great week you all! :)

Posted from my mobile device

I'll be going too! It'll be cool to meet everyone and see more of the school.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [1]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
I highly recommend that everyone attend Welcome Weekend. There is no better way to taste what Owen and Nashville have to offer than to visit. If you're on the fence about going, I want to reassure you, it's worth the effort!

MaryBelBr, I may be on campus. Not 100% sure at the moment. :X

Congrats to all those admitted!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Finally got the email today with login info for the admitted students page.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Vanderbilt community remembers Owen student Taylor Allen Force
The normally jubilant sounds of a warm Friday afternoon on Vanderbilt’s campus were punctured by grief, as family, friends, classmates, faculty and staff filled Benton Chapel to mourn the death of Taylor Allen Force.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: New Vanderbilt scholarship for military academy graduates honors Taylor Force
In honor of Taylor’s compassionate empowering of others and the value he placed on education, we are creating the Taylor Force Memorial Scholarship.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
How do I post a new question on GMAT club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
How do I post a new question on GMAT club on a new thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Paid my deposit and will be enrolling at Owen. I am really excited and look forward to meeting everybody!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 4: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
PugLyfe wrote:
Paid my deposit and will be enrolling at Owen. I am really excited and look forward to meeting everybody!

Super great PugLyfe. Welcome on board! I am looking forward to seeing you soon at Nashville.

I know it is a very tough decision for you when declining the offer from Olin. So all the best for your incoming exam!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: TechVenture Challenge winners
A business plan for a robotic neurosurgical device invented by Vanderbilt University receives top honors.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Vanderbilt MAcc student meets Warren Buffett
Sarah Felmly, MAcc'16, attended an intimate Q&A with Warren Buffett in Omaha with her Vanderbilt business school classmates.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Vanderbilt MBA students win $20,000 at ExxonMobil case competition
Chemitra Clay, Jeffrey Stephens, Mourya Ravuri and Krystal Foxworth placed second and took home $20,000 in scholarship money.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Vanderbilt awards Executive MBA scholarship to public radio executive
Layla George, head of development for Louisville Public Media, has been awarded a full-tuition scholarship to Vanderbilt University’s Executive MBA program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Accepted today off waitlist! very excited, BUT I have been accepted if conditional requirements are met prior to enrollment. I am unsure what these might be, but will be shown in my official letter. Anyone have any insight into what this could be?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
atl12688 wrote:
Accepted today off waitlist! very excited, BUT I have been accepted if conditional requirements are met prior to enrollment. I am unsure what these might be, but will be shown in my official letter. Anyone have any insight into what this could be?

You'll find any conditions in your offer letter. There's a quant foundations bootcamp aug 1-2 that is to serve as a math refresher. I believe thats for everyone. Orientation connect week aug 4. Other possible things are completing owen math/statistics online, probability review, and accounting prep. Don't worry, its nothing to worry about.

Congrats on the admit! Will you be attending?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
PugLyfe wrote:
atl12688 wrote:

You'll find any conditions in your offer letter. There's a quant foundations bootcamp aug 1-2 that is to serve as a math refresher. I believe thats for everyone. Orientation connect week aug 4. Other possible things are completing owen math/statistics online, probability review, and accounting prep. Don't worry, its nothing to worry about.

I was honestly thinking it was something to do with my low verbal score, but thank you for putting my mind a little at ease. I am most likely going to attend, just waiting to get the official letter to look everything over. It will be pretty tough for me not to get a scholarship since I will need loans for the tuition, but since Owen was really my top interest it would be silly to pass up the admit.

Also, is August 1st the first time we will need to be present? Or are the functions in July mandatory (such as the U.S. Business Communication and Culture Program)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
atl12688 wrote:
PugLyfe wrote:
atl12688 wrote:

I was honestly thinking it was something to do with my low verbal score, but thank you for putting my mind a little at ease. I am most likely going to attend, just waiting to get the official letter to look everything over. It will be pretty tough for me not to get a scholarship since I will need loans for the tuition, but since Owen was really my top interest it would be silly to pass up the admit.

Also, is August 1st the first time we will need to be present? Or are the functions in July mandatory (such as the U.S. Business Communication and Culture Program)

The US Business Communication & Culture program is mostly for international students as far as I understand. IIRC you are U.S based, so the first day you'll be expected there is Aug 1.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts