GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 06:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Feb 2015
Posts: 10
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Law)
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 14:12
Adz25 wrote:
i interviewed about a week after the jan deadline. Don't recall the exact date. What I was told over the phone is that they are trying to release decisions to applicants early if the admissions committee has already reviewed their application and decided to admit. I would not worry about not hearing back yet. Personally, I wasn't expecting anything until March 15th.


Thanks! And congrats :)
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Posts: 189
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 14:14
smartme wrote:
Adz25 wrote:
i interviewed about a week after the jan deadline. Don't recall the exact date. What I was told over the phone is that they are trying to release decisions to applicants early if the admissions committee has already reviewed their application and decided to admit. I would not worry about not hearing back yet. Personally, I wasn't expecting anything until March 15th.


Thanks! And congrats :)

No problem. Good luck! :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 09:59
Anyone going to Discover Weekend? It says attire for the events are business casual, but then my interview is right when the events start to end (I may have to miss closing remarks). Are the interviews meant to be business professional or business casual? No time to go back to hotel and change! Suit might get some wrinkles from the daytime activities.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 122
Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 4: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge
Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 11:22
Adz25 wrote:
tronghieu1987 wrote:
Adz25 wrote:
I'm in!!! Got admit call tonight. A month early! Unfortunately, scholarship info won't be released until the decision date. Stoked!!!!!


Wow congratulations! I am having the interview tomorrow, so I hope I could catch you soon :). But it is better to get the scholarship package now. The waiting will be so painful :bouncer :bouncer


haha, yeah it will be a long wait to find out if I got any $$ awards. But im happy to get the admit for now! Good luck with your interview today!


Thanks. I've just finished the interview with Ms. Christie St. John. You guy here are right: it is more of a conversation. I felt pleasant and enjoyable, and most importantly I felt great!!! :cool :cool

But I receive an email from the Admissions Team saying that my application is completed and is under reviewed, together with all other applications and that they will communicate the decision on published decision date. Did you get it? I don't know whether I got any chance to receive the decision sooner than the deadline.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 22:41
thomasdodsonian wrote:
Anyone going to Discover Weekend? It says attire for the events are business casual, but then my interview is right when the events start to end (I may have to miss closing remarks). Are the interviews meant to be business professional or business casual? No time to go back to hotel and change! Suit might get some wrinkles from the daytime activities.


Hey; I attended the Fall Discover Weekend a few months ago, so I can give you feedback from my experience. During the initial Friday evening event (trivia and drinks), the majority of attendees wore either business professional or business casual clothing. Owen also had an optional city event following the on-campus event, so just be comfortable in whatever you're wearing if you plan to attend that.

For the following day (panel presentations, lunch, student chats, etc.), pretty much everyone was in business professional dress. We had a few hours after the panels were over to complete interviews (if you didn't have one the day prior), go back to hotels/homes, relax, etc. before another optional city/bar event.

Most people (myself included) played it safe and stayed in professional dress on Saturday during the panel presentations and lunch, since you're interacting with a lot of random students and admissions staff all day.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2014
Posts: 198
Ask Skippy: What's my greatest weakness?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 16:01
FROM Owen Press Releases: Ask Skippy: What's my greatest weakness?
Everyone has career questions, but few people have answers. Welcome to Ask Skippy, where Skip Culbertson, Executive Director of the Vanderbilt Executive Development Institute, answers your most burning career questions.Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 122
Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 4: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 11:26
Hi guys, I just need some advice.

I had the interview with Owen just 2 days ago. As I said above, I received an email from Admissions Team saying that they will communicate the decision on published deadline date. Because the deposit deadlines at my admitted schools are on March15, I just reply Owen to ask for a decision earlier than March 15 (one or two day earlier).

But I think that I unintentionally made the Adcom think that I pushed them for an immediate decision. I've received an email saying that I just had the interview very recently and there will be a Discover Weekend in the next few days, so they need at least 10 days for a decision for me; they will try to release by March 1 if possible.

My question is "Am I dead"? Will my carelessness harm my chance at Owen? I was very excited after the interview, but now I am so anxious.

Highly appreciate for any advice or relief :).
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Posts: 189
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 11:36
tronghieu1987 wrote:
Hi guys, I just need some advice.

I had the interview with Owen just 2 days ago. As I said above, I received an email from Admissions Team saying that they will communicate the decision on published deadline date. Because the deposit deadlines at my admitted schools are on March15, I just reply Owen to ask for a decision earlier than March 15 (one or two day earlier).

But I think that I unintentionally made the Adcom think that I pushed them for an immediate decision. I've received an email saying that I just had the interview very recently and there will be a Discover Weekend in the next few days, so they need at least 10 days for a decision for me; they will try to release by March 1 if possible.

My question is "Am I dead"? Will my carelessness harm my chance at Owen? I was very excited after the interview, but now I am so anxious.

Highly appreciate for any advice or relief :).


That's a scary move. Why did you do that?? lol.

I think that the safer bet is to talk to the schools who have already offered you admission and request a deposit deadline extension. After all, they already admitted you and would like you to attend. It's safer to ask them to give you an extra week or two than to push when you don't know the decision from Owen. I'm in a similar boat because I've got a deposit deadline 3/16 and another a week later. I already got the decision from Owen, but won't know anything regarding scholarship until 3/15.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 122
Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 4: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 11:42
Adz25 wrote:
tronghieu1987 wrote:
Hi guys, I just need some advice.

I had the interview with Owen just 2 days ago. As I said above, I received an email from Admissions Team saying that they will communicate the decision on published deadline date. Because the deposit deadlines at my admitted schools are on March15, I just reply Owen to ask for a decision earlier than March 15 (one or two day earlier).

But I think that I unintentionally made the Adcom think that I pushed them for an immediate decision. I've received an email saying that I just had the interview very recently and there will be a Discover Weekend in the next few days, so they need at least 10 days for a decision for me; they will try to release by March 1 if possible.

My question is "Am I dead"? Will my carelessness harm my chance at Owen? I was very excited after the interview, but now I am so anxious.

Highly appreciate for any advice or relief :).


That's a scary move. Why did you do that?? lol.

I think that the safer bet is to talk to the schools who have already offered you admission and request a deposit deadline extension. After all, they already admitted you and would like you to attend. It's safer to ask them to give you an extra week or two than to push when you don't know the decision from Owen. I'm in a similar boat because I've got a deposit deadline 3/16 and another a week later. I already got the decision from Owen, but won't know anything regarding scholarship until 3/15.


Thank you Adz25. But it is not that scary. I just asked very politely for a decision earlier than March 15. But I don't think it would go into this bad situation.

Btw, the deposit deadlines date of March 15 at other schools is already post-extension.
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Posts: 189
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 11:50
Ultimately, if you don't get an early answer from Owen, you will have to leave a deposit at whichever other program you are considering. I think that they are very accommodating at Owen, but I do believe they are going to be very busy during this coming weekend and beyond. I was told they are expecting ~140 guests many of whom will be interviewing. Then obviously the adcoms need to make their decisions etc. Good luck!! :-D
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 122
Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 4: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge
Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 12:01
Adz25 wrote:
Ultimately, if you don't get an early answer from Owen, you will have to leave a deposit at whichever other program you are considering. I think that they are very accommodating at Owen, but I do believe they are going to be very busy during this coming weekend and beyond. I was told they are expecting ~140 guests many of whom will be interviewing. Then obviously the adcoms need to make their decisions etc. Good luck!! :-D

Yes thank you. But sorry I don't catch your point haha.

Anyway, I did reply to them to explain my carelessness. I hope that I just over-thought the Adcom idea. Eventually they have been always very nice
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2015
Posts: 77
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 21:53
jacktrade wrote:
thomasdodsonian wrote:
Anyone going to Discover Weekend? It says attire for the events are business casual, but then my interview is right when the events start to end (I may have to miss closing remarks). Are the interviews meant to be business professional or business casual? No time to go back to hotel and change! Suit might get some wrinkles from the daytime activities.


Hey; I attended the Fall Discover Weekend a few months ago, so I can give you feedback from my experience. During the initial Friday evening event (trivia and drinks), the majority of attendees wore either business professional or business casual clothing. Owen also had an optional city event following the on-campus event, so just be comfortable in whatever you're wearing if you plan to attend that.

For the following day (panel presentations, lunch, student chats, etc.), pretty much everyone was in business professional dress. We had a few hours after the panels were over to complete interviews (if you didn't have one the day prior), go back to hotels/homes, relax, etc. before another optional city/bar event.

Most people (myself included) played it safe and stayed in professional dress on Saturday during the panel presentations and lunch, since you're interacting with a lot of random students and admissions staff all day.


Thanks! I ended up planning to just wear my suit all day. For the evening event on Saturday, do most people go casual? Or do they stay in suits? I'd like to get more comfortable for the evening activities.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2016
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 22:00
thomasdodsonian wrote:
Thanks! I ended up planning to just wear my suit all day. For the evening event on Saturday, do most people go casual? Or do they stay in suits? I'd like to get more comfortable for the evening activities.


u ask a lot of stupid questions
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2014
Posts: 198
Free Vanderbilt online course on arts and culture innovation starts Fe  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 10:02
FROM Owen Press Releases: Free Vanderbilt online course on arts and culture innovation starts Feb. 22
New MOOC will help arts and culture leaders create innovative environments.Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2014
Posts: 198
Owen professor honored at endowed chair holder celebration  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 10:02
FROM Owen Press Releases: Owen professor honored at endowed chair holder celebration
Event honored Nicholas P.B. Bollen, Ph.D., Frank K. Houston Chair in Finance and an internationally recognized financial expert on hedge fund fraud.Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Posts: 189
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 17:20
Received a call from Owen today regarding scholarship info. Got admit with $.

I was told that they are trying to release decisions on somewhat of a rolling basis, so hopefully some of you guys get news soon!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 122
Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 4: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 19:11
PugLyfe wrote:
Received a call from Owen today regarding scholarship info. Got admit with $.

I was told that they are trying to release decisions on somewhat of a rolling basis, so hopefully some of you guys get news soon!

I've gotten the call 2 hours ago. I am in, with a very good scholarship. Really excited!

Hope others get good news too!!!

Also, do we have any WhatsApp group for admitted applicants?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jul 2015
Posts: 108
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 20:11
Just received an invitation to interview..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 3
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 00:09
burgeoning wrote:
Just received an invitation to interview..


Congrats!!! I also received an interview invite today but there are no slots available for Video call interview. Have you also faced similar issue. Thanks.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jul 2015
Posts: 108
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 00:29
Yes. Have written to them about it. 3rd Mar showed up as available but has no slots

Posted from my mobile device
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 25 Feb 2016, 00:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  18    Next  [ 345 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.