Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.75
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Owen '18 (A)
Send PM
Re: UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum [#permalink]
Got a call yesterday, got in.

Btw I am a R1 applicant but my interview got delayed due to some reason, hence a late result. Best of luck for R2 applicants for 15th June.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 2.8
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi Everyone

I had applied to ROSS MSCM 2017 in R1. I was waitlisted in Round 1 and am awaiting results in Round 2 to see if my waitlist gets cleared.

My Profile
7+ Years of experience in Operations Management in Steel Plant - Project Management , Production Planning , Improvement Project -BPR, Maintenance , Operations.
I have an MBA in Operations Management from XLRI Jamshedpur. I have had a relatively good experience in the supply chain domain.

Apart from from my GMAT Score I think my profile is suitable for this program.However GMAT score is
Total - 640
Quant - 49
Verbal -28

Do think it is the only reason I may get rejected? Is it too late to retake GMAT for 2017 batch?

Any suggestions/advice would be very helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Economics
GPA: 3.76
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Astral wrote:
Got a call yesterday, got in.

Btw I am a R1 applicant but my interview got delayed due to some reason, hence a late result. Best of luck for R2 applicants for 15th June.

Congratulations Dude.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Had I been in your place I would have definitely gone for retaking the GMAT. You can very well rewrite GMAT before third round application deadline or result date. All the best !
dipikmanipal wrote:
Hi Everyone

I had applied to ROSS MSCM 2017 in R1. I was waitlisted in Round 1 and am awaiting results in Round 2 to see if my waitlist gets cleared.

My Profile
7+ Years of experience in Operations Management in Steel Plant - Project Management , Production Planning , Improvement Project -BPR, Maintenance , Operations.
I have an MBA in Operations Management from XLRI Jamshedpur. I have had a relatively good experience in the supply chain domain.

Apart from from my GMAT Score I think my profile is suitable for this program.However GMAT score is
Total - 640
Quant - 49
Verbal -28

Do think it is the only reason I may get rejected? Is it too late to retake GMAT for 2017 batch?

Any suggestions/advice would be very helpful.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum [#permalink]
Bookmarks
My profile:

GRE: 329(=170+159, AWA 5)
TOEFL: 108
3 and a half years experience in the Supply Chain Industry(Team Lead-Operations and Procurement, Consumer Electronics)
A Toastmaster(organize the biweekly meetings), a few publications(in a daily, Rolling Stone India, College magazine)(not sure if they count though lol), vice captain of the college cricket team, class representative for an year at college.

I applied in Round 2 and had my interview with Eric on May 20, 2016 and the second interview with Laura on May 25,2016.

Eric asked questions like what I wanted to do after the course.I said I wanted to work as a supply chain manager and he replied, "There is no such role in the US". I was stumped for a minute but then I explained how such posts are in abundance in India and even if I handled a part of supply chain, I think there would be a lot to learn. He asked me about my job responsibilities and about myself, examples of when I had worked in a team(I explained how I streamlined the reverse logistics part along with three people in my team). He then asked what else did I do besides work. I said I watch European cinema(When I said I loved French New Wave and German Expressionism Cinema the most, Eric started smiling as if we were partners in crime, lol), listen to indie music and read as much as I can(I said I had recently finished reading "Of Human Bondage" by W. Somerset Maugham.) The interview with Eric lasted 41 minutes. I realized there were a few instances when I kept on speaking at length and Eric had to stop me in between to ask a question. I am not sure whether it's good or bad. Eric also asked me why I wanted to go for MS in Supply Chain now. I think it went okay despite a few hiccups.

In the interview with Laura, she asked me if I had checked out the summer projects that the students had done at Ross. I said I had checked out a project in which a team of 4 people had went to Amazon and helped them reduce the costs that resulted from the loss of inventory that was being sent by the seller to Amazon's warehouses. She seemed impressed. Then she asked me what kind of a role did I want to go for after the course(I said I had two roles in my mind-i)Buyer and ii)Operations Manager(mentioned Amazon's Pathway Program)). She then asked me to describe an instance when I had resolved a conflict that arose in my organization. I described how during the appraisal of one of the employees in my team, the employee told that I didn't assign him challenging work. I told the employee then that I trusted in his capabilities and that I had a plan charted out for him starting from a supporting role to a leading role. In the coming months, I implemented the plan and today he was the team leader of the night shift. Laura liked how I ended describing this on a positive note. She also asked me if I was admitted to the course, what attributes would my classmates identify me with? I told the ability to provide incisive insight as well as constructive feedback(Described to her how Toastmasters has helped me hone the skill of evaluating by being encouraging to the speaker and at the same time educating the speaker). She smiled and said she had been a Toastmaster herself. She asked me if I had any questions. I asked her a couple of questions and she concluded the interview saying Eric would be communicating with me via email regarding the results.

I tried my best to describe the two interviews above. I don't expect much(Since I have only a little over 3 years of experience and the average experience of people admitted to this course is around 5 and a half years) but I gave my best. I guess that's what matters, however cliched it might sound. I liked giving the interviews in a long time.

French Wave, German Expressionism, Music of Kraftwerk, Joni Mitchell, The Who and many more, BRING IT ON!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum [#permalink]
those sound like good interviews.. u should be able to get in.. not familiar with the GRE scale, rest everything looks great :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tania19 wrote:
Hi All,

Everyone has very unusual Profile Name so difficult to identify who is who :P

Just wanted to check if there are any females also applying for this program or those who applied in round 1?
Looks like the female ratio is really low! I hear that even in the current batch there are only 5/27 girls.. Sigh!

Thanks

Hello, Tania,

I am also a female applying for 2017 MSCM program in round 1. :)
Just got an email last week that I have a round 2 interview with professor Amitabh Sinhat. Really excited and nervous.

Did anyone get an interview with professor Amitabh Sinhat too?
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Ms Huang,

Congratulations..when is your interview?

I believe it should be "Sinha" not Sinhat.. but check that again..

Do you mind sharing your profile and your gmat score? :)
Are you a wait-listed candidate from R1?

Thanks
Tania
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, I applied in the round-2 for MSCM program and I am waiting for the results. I had 2 questions:
1. Does the admissions committee inform in all cases - even if an applicant is rejected? Will they send an e-mail?
2. Is it possible that a few candidates are placed in wait-list from round-2? How frequently the candidates have been accepted from the wait-list previously?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please share your profile

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Waitlisted... :cry: :cry:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
that still gives a ray of hope and is better than being rejected..
I retook GMAT got 680 was expecting wait-list but rejected, little shocked too...thought interview went well
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wait listed - damn a lot on stake. Does anyone has any idea when the wait list will be cleared.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello All, I have been offered an admit into the program. Got a call from Eric yesterday. :) Good Luck to the ones wait-listed. May you get the positive decision soon. Tania, did you apply for any other programs?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.25
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Waitlisted :( Pretty disappointing, given that I thought my interview went off well. Any ideas as to how long waitlisted candidates need to wait before hearing back? Also, kudos to all those who got accepted!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone has idea about how many got admitted in both R1 and R2 and how many on wait list ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats grayunderdog..

I applied to MSCM USC accepted and MSCM Smith (awaiting result).. and MSCM MISI (MIT Malaysia) has been chasing me even though I didn't apply with them.
But I feel all of these universities stand nowhere in comparison to Ross so I am highly disappointed.

Anyone can shed some light on the MSCM USC Marshall program? Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts