Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Had my interview some few days ago.

It was definitely the most exhaustive MBA interview I've had by far. My interviewer had all of my information, specific things that LBS had requested he should find out, and he even knew to which schools I had applied!! (I guess they get this information from the GMAT report)

Overall it was a very complete and exhaustive conversation, where I felt I was permanently pushed to see whether I'd fit at LBS (I definitely think I do). The case was simple, nothing to worry about (Can't share the contents of it)

I would recommend for everyone to be really prepared for this interview. Have a clear story, career path, electives you want to do, LBS activities on which you want to participate, etc

Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to NOV22! Does anyone know if scholarships are told immediately with our offer?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
XTsarg wrote:
Had my interview some few days ago.

It was definitely the most exhaustive MBA interview I've had by far. My interviewer had all of my information, specific things that LBS had requested he should find out, and he even knew to which schools I had applied!! (I guess they get this information from the GMAT report)

Overall it was a very complete and exhaustive conversation, where I felt I was permanently pushed to see whether I'd fit at LBS (I definitely think I do). The case was simple, nothing to worry about (Can't share the contents of it)

I would recommend for everyone to be really prepared for this interview. Have a clear story, career path, electives you want to do, LBS activities on which you want to participate, etc

Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to NOV22! Does anyone know if scholarships are told immediately with our offer?

Best of luck XTsarg! I've just submitted my application for RD2, well before the deadline!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 63
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Kudos
Okay, interviews have kind of been a disaster for me. I'll tell all details, hopefully it helps someone prepare in areas I wasn't prepared.

In person interview

Had my interview back in mid October - and I have NEVER been so nervous in my life. I had to have a surgery this month, so I was down for at least 2 weeks of the interview period. The morning I was assigned an alumni to do the interview, I emailed him to set it up the interview. With my schedule limitations, the only time to do the interview was THAT DAY in 4 hours. I had two hours of meetings left at my full time job, had enough time to go home and throw on a suit, and then drive the hour to his office. No. Preparation. Time. Not in a good place mentally

Felt really strong the first hour. LBS is the only school I applied to in this round, I have a very clear reason I want to go there, my resume and essays told a clear story, and I know the school. He seemed very interested in press events I used to manage in Hawaii, which was one of my favorite projects, so it was very easy to talk about

In hour two, we did an impromptu a case study where I had to do quite a bit of estimation math in my head, which I was totally unprepared for. Talked about it for about 10 minutes, and by the end I was so nervous I'm sure I was pale as a ghost, because he said that we should take a little break if I needed it. Then I was worried that I was looking like I couldn't handle pressure, which of course meant I was then stuck inside my head for the rest of the interview

I feel like I did fine on the Case Presentation portion, the scenarios presented were simple enough. I could have done better, but it was okay.

I walked out a feeling like my chances of getting had all but died.

My interviewer called me about 30 minutes later and told me that he didn't want me to feel like I had bombed the interview, and that he gives very hard interviews. I thanked him for the call, and told him what a great learning experience it was! I have never been nervous in an interview before, but I'd never had an interview like this. I learned about an area I can definitely improve. So. Feels like I bombed, but maybe he was sincere when he said that I didn't?

Video Interview

I work in entertainment, so I have access to sets and photography studios. I set up my laptop in a photo studio, set up 3 point lighting, white background, the whole shebang. Tried to give any extra effort I could :)

Obviously, we knew the first question, so I felt fine about my answer there (I tripped over a few words, and wasn't as elegant as I was in my rehearsal, oh well). The second question was related to the single area of the program I knew the LEAST about. I know the program, I know which professors I'm most excited about meeting, I knew which courses I am looking forward to taking the most, the electives I will do, which clubs I'd like to join, the businesses based in London I'm most interested in connecting with, etc. There is ONE area of the program I really never thought much about, and that's the question I got. and I BLEW it. Terrible terrible response. As soon as it stopped recording, I knew EXACTLY what I should have said.

My Biggest Take Aways:

- No matter what you've heard about an LBS interview, be prepared for something off book
- During the interview window, make sure you look interview ready every day until you're interview is officially scheduled - you never know when schedules will suck enough you have to do an interview immediatley
- Know the WHOLE PROGRAM. Even the parts that you aren't particularly interested in or don't plan on participating.

So, now a little over two weeks of waiting. Hoping my flaws in the interview round are looked at as areas I can improve, and my strengths outshine these rough moments... trying my best to remain optimistic.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
brianne5 wrote:
Okay, interviews have kind of been a disaster for me. I'll tell all details, hopefully it helps someone prepare in areas I wasn't prepared.

In person interview

Had my interview back in mid October - and I have NEVER been so nervous in my life. I had to have a surgery this month, so I was down for at least 2 weeks of the interview period. The morning I was assigned an alumni to do the interview, I emailed him to set it up the interview. With my schedule limitations, the only time to do the interview was THAT DAY in 4 hours. I had two hours of meetings left at my full time job, had enough time to go home and throw on a suit, and then drive the hour to his office. No. Preparation. Time. Not in a good place mentally

Felt really strong the first hour. LBS is the only school I applied to in this round, I have a very clear reason I want to go there, my resume and essays told a clear story, and I know the school. He seemed very interested in press events I used to manage in Hawaii, which was one of my favorite projects, so it was very easy to talk about

In hour two, we did an impromptu a case study where I had to do quite a bit of estimation math in my head, which I was totally unprepared for. Talked about it for about 10 minutes, and by the end I was so nervous I'm sure I was pale as a ghost, because he said that we should take a little break if I needed it. Then I was worried that I was looking like I couldn't handle pressure, which of course meant I was then stuck inside my head for the rest of the interview

I feel like I did fine on the Case Presentation portion, the scenarios presented were simple enough. I could have done better, but it was okay.

I walked out a feeling like my chances of getting had all but died.

My interviewer called me about 30 minutes later and told me that he didn't want me to feel like I had bombed the interview, and that he gives very hard interviews. I thanked him for the call, and told him what a great learning experience it was! I have never been nervous in an interview before, but I'd never had an interview like this. I learned about an area I can definitely improve. So. Feels like I bombed, but maybe he was sincere when he said that I didn't?

Video Interview

I work in entertainment, so I have access to sets and photography studios. I set up my laptop in a photo studio, set up 3 point lighting, white background, the whole shebang. Tried to give any extra effort I could :)

Obviously, we knew the first question, so I felt fine about my answer there (I tripped over a few words, and wasn't as elegant as I was in my rehearsal, oh well). The second question was related to the single area of the program I knew the LEAST about. I know the program, I know which professors I'm most excited about meeting, I knew which courses I am looking forward to taking the most, the electives I will do, which clubs I'd like to join, the businesses based in London I'm most interested in connecting with, etc. There is ONE area of the program I really never thought much about, and that's the question I got. and I BLEW it. Terrible terrible response. As soon as it stopped recording, I knew EXACTLY what I should have said.

My Biggest Take Aways:

- No matter what you've heard about an LBS interview, be prepared for something off book
- During the interview window, make sure you look interview ready every day until you're interview is officially scheduled - you never know when schedules will suck enough you have to do an interview immediatley
- Know the WHOLE PROGRAM. Even the parts that you aren't particularly interested in or don't plan on participating.

So, now a little over two weeks of waiting. Hoping my flaws in the interview round are looked at as areas I can improve, and my strengths outshine these rough moments... trying my best to remain optimistic.

Thanks for sharing the details! My interview was only an hour and definitely on the lighter end. But I'm sure you didn't bomb it since the interviewer actually gave you a call back (so nice!!).

Praying for all of us...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Kudos