Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:38 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1106 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools:The University of Texas at Austin
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Current Student
 Q48  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm doing the Manhattan GMAT CATs that come as part of the 9 week course (I think you also get some if you do just their individual workshops or even just buy one of their books).

The interface is virtually identical to the actual GMAT which is nice. While problems out of a book are a must, I prefer to practice with as much authenticity as possible. I even bought a laminated book like that which is provided during the test just to get into the habit of using the wet erase pen and the limitation of 9 usable pages.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for sharing. I am going to make an attempt with GMATPrep tomorrow. Exhausted and depressed today. I've just made another paper trial. V27/41. Hardly any better.

Normally I made 8-9 wrong answers, and aiming to reduce to 5. Last 2 days it suddenly get worst. I'm frustrated and lost now...

Planning to sit for the test next Saturday! I'm totally lost. What is going on with me?? :(
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
I dont try quant sets. But I try the verbal ones and the scores have been howering around 29-31 out of 41. I've always wandered around to compare my scores with others somewhere. But I believe the no. of questions we get right doesnt translate to anything accurate. So I guess the sets are just for practice and simulation and nothing else.

Just havent been able to get out of that zone. I've hit a plateau. I cant seem to take that little jump that I desperately need.

I took two MGMAT tests, 680 in both (q47 v35) and (q49 v34), one powerprep 700(q50 v34) and one GMATPrep-710(q49 v38). This is another zone I cant get out of.

If I do better in one, I compensate by doing bad in the other sections. If I have a good day at SCs, that's guaranteed to be a bad day for CRs. All days tend to be bad for RCs though :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just like me. My Verbal often vary between 29-31. That's paper tests. However last 2 days was terrible for my Verbal...

I'd better try some CAT. Did one in 800Score but the Math is much easier than what I encountered in OG. Will give some other trials anyway.

I'm doing pretty bad with SC. And yes RC is often thrilling. There are passages I don't get anything. Some Law topic is difficult to me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
PowerPrep First test

Q48 (90%)
V40 (90%)
Total 710

An annoying thing is there are many questions from OG. Even the reading passages...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Test Set Three, paper:

Q = 31/37 (only 2 errors are worthwhile, 4 are careless errors!)
V = 23/41 (while many of them are repeated somewhere in the previous tests or practice!)

Still doing poorly with Verbal. :( It is true that the paper tests are more challenging? Anyone has tried those? What are your scores?

I found PowerPrep are easier in many ways...
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
I also think powerprep is easier than these sets.

Nevertheless, I am going to use this thread to keep track of my scores in these sets. Just finished Verbal set # 4.

33/40. Qn#40 was missing.

wrong Ones:
(12,14,17,22,23,27,30)
RC -3 SC-2 CR-2.

I had seen a lot of those questions in forums though :(

I'll try set#5 at the Louis Armstrong Stadium tomorrow. If I finish the set before the match is over, then it must be a 5 set epic.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
33/40... I wish I got it!

I am getting depressed with my Verbal. Keep making 13-14 wrong answers out of 41. Terrible... It wasn't that bad before. Why am I getting worse?
Current Student
 Q48  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just took my 6th MGMAT CAT and got a repeat of my last score: 700 (Q46, V40). I'm a little disappointed as I really thought I could bump my Q by 1 or 2 and my V by 2-4. I felt like this test was harder than the last as well (usually a sign that you're doing well).

If nothing else, I'm consistently getting to 700 as my last three tests have been 710, 700, 700. I know the real GMAT CAT is supposed to be 20-30 points easier than the MGMAT CAT so that's somewhat encouraging...

Oh well, time to see what I got wrong.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
A very basic question... How to get the MGMAT? I do want to take them, but not taking the whole course...
Current Student
 Q48  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got mine through their 9-week course. I think you can also get some if you buy their books or sign up for one of their one-day virtual workshops.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
my verbal is in a free-fall and Quant is good (for my standards)

Weirdly, I have made strides in my CR, modest gains in SC, but my RC is in the toilet. no idea what is going on besides total mental and physical collapse!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
zakk wrote:
my verbal is in a free-fall and Quant is good (for my standards)

Weirdly, I have made strides in my CR, modest gains in SC, but my RC is in the toilet. no idea what is going on besides total mental and physical collapse!

Exactly the same. RC to me is now the most horrible thing, although I think I understand the passages pretty well, I just fail to answer the questions. I realize there are quite many traps in the questions themselves. Well it is true that GMAT is about traps, not just check your English skills...

Last night PowerPrep Test 2: 710, Q49 V37. Last night my V was 40, this time 37! 4 errors in RC, 3 CR and 1 SC. Anyway 710 in both times with PowerPrep doesn't cheer me up too much, because many of the questions were in OG, even the reading passages.

I'm going to take the Manhattan test tonight. Thanks DrivinWest, I've purchased 3 tests online.
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
solidcolor wrote:
I'm going to take the Manhattan test tonight. Thanks DrivinWest, I've purchased 3 tests online.

Let me warn u beforehand. The Quants in MGMAT is extremely difficult. Give yourself sufficient time to finish the section. Verbal isnt really easy but their scoring is reasonably accurate.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks ioiio.

Is it extremely difficult compares to real GMAT? Perhaps that' ok for me, coz Quants that I met in 800Score and PowerPrep are somewhat easy and I didn't really like that. However chances are I may find myself not doing so good in Quant anymore, and that again discourage my spirit... I am easily broken down...

Another review of the CATs, I would say better not try the 800Score test. They are confidence-killers, esp. in Verbal. Last few days I tried 2 tests from 800Score and was totally collapsed. It's nothing like what I've seen in OG.
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
solidcolor wrote:
Thanks ioiio.

Is it extremely difficult compares to real GMAT? Perhaps that' ok for me, coz Quants that I met in 800Score and PowerPrep are somewhat easy and I didn't really like that. However chances are I may find myself not doing so good in Quant anymore, and that again discourage my spirit... I am easily broken down...

Believe me. Prepare yourself for the assault. I started the exam thinking there cant be a lot in quants that will throw me off-balance. MGMAT quant section definitely did.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
[#permalink]
Took my first practice test last week. Got 700 Q: 46, V: 40
Targetting 750, got 3 months to prepare :shock:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]