Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 18:14 It is currently 05 May 2024, 18:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 496 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Columbia, Johnson, Tuck, Stern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
 Q39  V20
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Princeton CAT? Your thoughts [#permalink]
I have done 2 Princeton CATs, the math was indeed very easy, as for the verbal part, I don't remember :) I did math part in about 55 minutes and verbal part in 45 minutes maybe :D But the scoring algo is really awkward I have to say.
CAT 1: 580 (Q45 V25) I answered 27 out of 41 questions correctly and got V25. In quant I did 31 out of 37 correctly. Maybe it's representative, I don't know
CAT 2: 640 (Q47 V31) - 33 out of 37 in quant and Q47?? I was like "wtf". In the verbal part the very same 27 out of 41 and a score jump of 6 points... All that seemed really strange to me.
Can't compare Princeton with MGMAT because haven't done any of their (hi SC!) tests yet, but GMATprep is definetely better.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance / Management
 Q48  V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
I worked on a princeton cat - as already mentioned: math was too easy, verbal was ok! in addition the scoring/question selection algorythm is (imho) a bit strange -> seems kinda non-adaptive :]
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
I haven't taken the Princeton CATs but I have written 4 of the 6 CATs offered by Manhattan. I must say, the Manhattan CAT is pretty good! Also, it has a feature through which you can generate reports that will help you find out your exact strengths and weaknesses...
Final Thought: Take the general public's word for it and go for the tried and tested!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
Send PM
I have not done Priceton CAT, but the problems in the PR guides seem to be easier than the problems in the OG guides.

For those who have done Princeton CAT, after the test, does it generate a report similar to the report from MGMAT CAT?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
 Q39  V20
Send PM
Samwong wrote:
For those who have done Princeton CAT, after the test, does it generate a report similar to the report from MGMAT CAT?

SAmwong, I logged in to my Princeton Review student center and just checked the report. I see that Princeton Review does provide a similar report. There are the foll columns: Question numbers, Correct answert, your answer, time taken for the quest, Question type, Hope that helped.
Manager
Manager
Status:Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
I just have taken a Princeton CAT. This was the free test. I scored 510 whereas a week ago I scored 600 in Kaplan's purchased CAT. The low-score in the PR CAT, perhaps, is due to the mental distress I am going through in last few days because of some personal reasons. However, in my opinion, the scoring algorithm of PR CAT was quite unusual. In addition to that the question selection was strange, at least to me. If I couldn't answer a very hard question correctly, the next question I got was from 'easy' category not from 'medium'. But, 1 good thing to mention here: PR has a pretty decent collection and mix of verbal questions in its CATs.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
I am having the exact opposite experience regarding quant with Princeton Review vs. MGMAT.

Princeton Review CAT 1 - 530 (33Q, 30V) no prep
Princeton Review CAT 1 (Retake after initial prep) - 650 (39Q, 41V)
Princeton Review CAT 2 - 660 (39Q, 43V)
MGMAT CAT 1 - 730(!) (46Q, 44V)

I got a significant number of incorrect questions on the MGMAT quant portion - mostly because they were, in fact, harder than the Princeton Review math. They did indeed seem very reflective of the stuff you learn in the MGMAT guides. However, I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that I answered 16 out of 37 incorrectly and still managed a 46Q.

Obviously there is a difference in the algorithim. In my Princeton Review course, my instructor seems obsessed with the idea that the first 10 questions really determine your overall score. Maybe this is reflected in the Princeton Review CAT? Because in MGMAT, I answered questions 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 incorrectly. And I still ended up with a 46Q. Princeton Review I got 9 out of the first 10 correct and ended with a 39. And I did not get 16 incorrect answers, I know that much.
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Pretty strange...looks like its common if you compare PR CATs with kaplan / MGMAT and gmat prep you will find that they score 100 points below you actual score also There scoring is strict than real gmat..
GMAT Club Bot