Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:11 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 547 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q170 V163
Send PM
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619790 [0]
Given Kudos: 81626
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72917 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Problem with Forum Quiz [#permalink]
Expert Reply
TargetKellogg2024 wrote:
Bunuel wrote:
I tried recreating this couple of times. However, I was getting correct difficulties in those attempts. Can you please try again? Does this happen only with the mentioned parameters ?

Hi Bunuel,
Thanks for your response!
I will try to recreate this and get back to you.

Quick question, where were you setting the difficulty? it is possible to set it under Total column and in the CR column. I don't notice any difference in using these settings but maybe that could be the culprit 🤷‍♂️
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 547 [1]
Send PM
Re: Problem with Forum Quiz [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi Bunuel, bb

I reset all the filters and tried again. Everything seems to be fine.
It seems that I had selected 650-700 under CR, but under total, I had selected more difficulty levels.

Thanks for your help.

PS - Is is possible to introduce a "reset" option for the question type and source in the forthcoming release? It's a huge pain when I have to deselect all the sources and select just one.

Best wishes!
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
TargetKellogg2024 wrote:
Hi Bunuel, bb

I reset all the filters and tried again. Everything seems to be fine.
It seems that I had selected 650-700 under CR, but under total, I had selected more difficulty levels.

Thanks for your help.

PS - Is is possible to introduce a "reset" option for the question type and source in the forthcoming release? It's a huge pain when I have to deselect all the sources and select just one.

Best wishes!

We're glad to hear that you've sorted out the issue with the filters. As for the "reset" option for question type and source, there is indeed a "Reset All" button available in the quiz section that allows you to clear all the selections you've made, as shown in the provided image. Are you finding this feature not to be helpful for your needs?

P.S. Your contribution in testing and finding bugs in our new design is greatly appreciated. We strive to ensure the platform works as smoothly as possible, but occasionally, issues may slip past our initial testing. Feedback from our users is invaluable in helping us identify and resolve these problems.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to improve your experience. Best wishes!

Attachment:
2023-07-06_02-21-11.png
2023-07-06_02-21-11.png [ 126.12 KiB | Viewed 1245 times ]
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Bunuel wrote:

We're glad to hear that you've sorted out the issue with the filters. As for the "reset" option for question type and source, there is indeed a "Reset All" button available in the quiz section that allows you to clear all the selections you've made, as shown in the provided image. Are you finding this feature not to be helpful for your needs?

Hi Bunuel

Thank you for your response. The "Reset All" button resets all the filters. Let's say I have to practice PS-Combinatorics-OG+Manhattan+Veritas-650-700; DS-Probability-Manhattan+Veritas-700-750; and CR-Assumption-OG+LSAT-700-750 today and I have to switch the sources for CR again today, but keep the filters for PS and DS for tomorrow, it's just an added task to put all the filters tomorrow. A bigger challenge than that, remember all the filters or keeping a manual track of all the filters. I was thinking that this could be avoided if we have a "Select All" as a dropdown option in each of the dropdowns. Maybe you could take the feedback from other users as well.
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
TargetKellogg2024 wrote:
Bunuel wrote:

Hi Bunuel

Thank you for your response. The "Reset All" button resets all the filters. Let's say I have to practice PS-Combinatorics-OG+Manhattan+Veritas-650-700; DS-Probability-Manhattan+Veritas-700-750; and CR-Assumption-OG+LSAT-700-750 today and I have to switch the sources for CR again today, but keep the filters for PS and DS for tomorrow, it's just an added task to put all the filters tomorrow. A bigger challenge than that, remember all the filters or keeping a manual track of all the filters. I was thinking that this could be avoided if we have a "Select All" as a dropdown option in each of the dropdowns. Maybe you could take the feedback from other users as well.

Upon resetting, ALL options in the dropdowns are automatically selected. So, are you suggesting that, in addition to this, you would like to have the "Select All" option in the dropdowns?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Bunuel wrote:

Upon resetting, ALL options in the dropdowns are automatically selected. So, are you suggesting that, in addition to this, you would like to have the "Select All" option in the dropdowns?

Yes, exactly!
If I do not want to reset any of the dropdown selections for PS and DS, but just for Source for CR, I could do that using the "select all"/"deselect all" checkbox in CR Source only.
Something like in the image.
Attachments

image277.png
image277.png [ 4.97 KiB | Viewed 1047 times ]

Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619790 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
TargetKellogg2024 wrote:
Bunuel wrote:

Yes, exactly!
If I do not want to reset any of the dropdown selections for PS and DS, but just for Source for CR, I could do that using the "select all"/"deselect all" checkbox in CR Source only.
Something like in the image.

Thank you. I'll discuss this with the developers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: LBS (S)
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
hi! i cant find the results of my quizzes saved anywhere,nor the questions i bookmarked. where can i find this?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
part\b wrote:
hi! i cant find the results of my quizzes saved anywhere,nor the questions i bookmarked. where can i find this?

Hi. where are all the places that you have looked?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ive looked under forum quiz, my error log,etc. I am now able to see the questions i bookmarked after clearing my cache but still cant find previous quiz results bb
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
part\b wrote:
ive looked under forum quiz, my error log,etc. I am now able to see the questions i bookmarked after clearing my cache but still cant find previous quiz results bb

Hm… very interesting. Thank you - seems you are looking in the right places. One more question, did you have these results before and they disappeared or these quiz results not sure if they saved in the first place.

Also, how long ago were these quiz results from?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
the results never showed up in the first place and just now! i took both these quizzes in the past hour, and neither showed up right after completing the quizzes.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
part-b wrote:
the results never showed up in the first place and just now! i took both these quizzes in the past hour, and neither showed up right after completing the quizzes.

We have never had an issue with a person recording timer results so this is very unusual.

Hi. I had to rename your username to be able to check things on the back end. The system did not like the slash. Your error log was completely empty.... I have added one question and it worked...

Question - do you click A, B, C, D, or E in the timer above after you are done solving the question or do you just click next in the quiz without clicking A, B, C, D, or E at the top where the timer is counting down.
GMAT Club Bot