It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 20:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 23:20
Hello !
My current profile is as follows:-
Academics:

School (2004) Xth = 73%
(2006) XIIth = 65%
Graduation
(2010) Bachelor in Technology (B-Tech) in Civil Engineering 6.13 CGPA from National Institute of Technology, Surat (Gujarat, India)
Masters
(2012-2014) Master in Technology (M-Tech) in Remote Sensing & Geographical Information System (GIS) fom National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Telangana,
India) , 7.88 CGPA

Work Ex
(2010-2012) Worked as a site engineer in a cement plant construction project
Responsibilities:
 Checking formwork, reinforcements and all embedded items.
 Maintaining the quality of work as per specifications, drawings and method of statements.
 Supervision of Pile Foundations.
 Making Daily Progress Report (DPR) and reporting to construction manager.
 Ordering concrete and reinforcements.
 Coordination with planning office for any change in drawings or any revision.

(2014-till date) Working as an Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department in a state level Engineering college.
Responsibilities:
 To conduct lectures and labs as per schedule.
 To guide B-Tech students for their final year projects.
 To conduct the exams on time as per standard specifications provided in codes.
 To handle all the responsibilities as a Class coordinator of 120 students.
 To complete all the documentation work as per ISO.

Extra-curriculars:
Papers published:
1) International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology (IJRET-2015)-“Optimization of Runoff Parameters of a Watershed by Genetic Algorithm and
Visualizing the Runoff in 4D GIS Environment.”
2) International Journal of Applied Geo-informatics for Society and Environment (AGSE-2013) – “Delineation of Groundwater Potential Zones in Parts of Bhopal
District Using AHP Technique”

Conference Attended/Paper presented:
1) National Conference on Climate Change and Sustainable Water Resources Management (CSWM-2015).
2) AGSE International Conference on Geospatial Momentum for Society and Environment (Dec 2013).
3) National Conference on Recent Advances In Civil Engineering (2009).

Served in National Cadet Corps (NCC)--Indian military cadet corps with its Headquarters at New Delhi, India-- during graduation.

Corporate Social Responsibility:
Providing free education,with the help of my mother, to few children in my community, with poor financial background, acquainting them with the basics of english,
hindi and mathematics (counting, addition, subtraction etc).

Now, why MBA?
Its been 3 years in Academia, and now i am standing at the cross-roads where one way goes towards PhD and another towards MBA. I choose MBA because whatever the knowledge and skills that i have gained throughout the years, i want to utilize them and create something substantial which can generate jobs or change lives so getting into MBA will give me clarity in my vision and i might find some like minded people. Apart form that, I also invest in stocks (equities, derivatives etc) which allowed me to know about financial markets. I found this very interesting and learning more about them.

# I want to know your reviews about my profile, what are my chances? which colleges should i aim for and expected GMAT score?

Thank you !

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 1002 [0], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 00:04
himanshu1105 wrote:
Hello !
Academics:

School (2004) Xth = 73%
(2006) XIIth = 65%
Graduation
(2010) Bachelor in Technology (B-Tech) in Civil Engineering 6.13 CGPA from National Institute of Technology, Surat (Gujarat, India)
Masters
(2012-2014) Master in Technology (M-Tech) in Remote Sensing & Geographical Information System (GIS) fom National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Telangana,
India) , 7.88 CGPA

Work Ex
Responsibilities:
 Maintaining the quality of work as per specifications, drawings and method of statements.

(2014-till date) Working as an Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department in a state level Engineering college.
Responsibilities:
 To conduct the exams on time as per standard specifications provided in codes.

Extra-curriculars:
Papers published:
1) International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology (IJRET-2015)-“Optimization of Runoff Parameters of a Watershed by Genetic Algorithm and
2) International Journal of Applied Geo-informatics for Society and Environment (AGSE-2013) – “Delineation of Groundwater Potential Zones in Parts of Bhopal

1) National Conference on Climate Change and Sustainable Water Resources Management (CSWM-2015).
2) AGSE International Conference on Geospatial Momentum for Society and Environment (Dec 2013).

Served in National Cadet Corps (NCC)--Indian military cadet corps with its Headquarters at New Delhi, India-- during graduation.

Providing free education,with the help of my mother, to few children in my community, with poor financial background, acquainting them with the basics of english,

Now, why MBA?
Its been 3 years in Academia, and now i am standing at the cross-roads where one way goes towards PhD and another towards MBA. I choose MBA because whatever the knowledge and skills that i have gained throughout the years, i want to utilize them and create something substantial which can generate jobs or change lives so getting into MBA will give me clarity in my vision and i might find some like minded people. Apart form that, I also invest in stocks (equities, derivatives etc) which allowed me to know about financial markets. I found this very interesting and learning more about them.

# I want to know your reviews about my profile, what are my chances? which colleges should i aim for and expected GMAT score?

Thank you !

Hello there good sir!
You have an interesting profile, as not many people go from Academia to an MBA. It could be a strength but it could also be a weakness, depending on the details of your job, and how you tell your story.

But it definitely does make sense given where you are now and your goals.

Where you can apply to will depend a lot also on your GMAT. And it's hard to say "what score to aim at"- because the answer is always the same - the highest score you can get!
Once you get that score, we can start to take a look at where you might fit.

But I would guess that somewhere within the 10-50 range, depending on your GMAT.

Best,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 07:24
JonAdmissionado wrote:
himanshu1105 wrote:
Hello !
Academics:

School (2004) Xth = 73%
(2006) XIIth = 65%
Graduation
Masters
India) , 7.88 CGPA

Work Ex
Responsibilities:

Responsibilities:

Extra-curriculars:
Papers published:

Now, why MBA?

Thank you !

Hello there good sir!
You have an interesting profile, as not many people go from Academia to an MBA. It could be a strength but it could also be a weakness, depending on the details of your job, and how you tell your story.

Where you can apply to will depend a lot also on your GMAT. And it's hard to say "what score to aim at"- because the answer is always the same - the highest score you can get!

But I would guess that somewhere within the 10-50 range, depending on your GMAT.

Best,

Thanks for your reply Jon ! I was just worried whether my profile is acceptable for any B-school or not. I will get back to you as soon as i receive my GMAT score.

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 03:09
himanshu1105 wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
himanshu1105 wrote:
Hello !
Academics:

School (2004) Xth = 73%
(2006) XIIth = 65%
Graduation
Masters
India) , 7.88 CGPA

Work Ex
Responsibilities:

Responsibilities:

Extra-curriculars:
Papers published:

Now, why MBA?

Thank you !

Hello there good sir!

Best,

Thanks for your reply Jon ! I was just worried whether my profile is acceptable for any B-school or not. I will get back to you as soon as i receive my GMAT score.

Good luck to you!
Best,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap