GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 06:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation - 700 GMAT Fortune 10 experience

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.85
Profile Evaluation - 700 GMAT Fortune 10 experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2018, 01:16
Info: 27 years old, white male, Finance/Accouting, with CPA designation

Career: 5 years by time of enrollment. All experience at a fortune 10 company. Entered the company through a rotational program, allowing +5 roles during this time. Due to high performance, I was allowed the opportunity for a development assignment in an international market.

Outside Work: Volunteer teaching English to foreign exhange students, Boys & Girls Club Youth Sports Coach, Mixed Martial Arts, Treasurer of Fraternity Alumni Board

GMAT: 700 (44Q 41V)
GPA: 3.8 (state school)

Stretch: Harvard, Booth, MIT, Kellogg
Safety: Darden, Mccombs, Johnson

Could you please let me know how much of a deal breaker my GMAT is? I feel my work experience and extracurriculars are on the stronger end. However, since I am an over represented demographic, I feel my score puts me at a disadvantage.

Thank you in advance for your time, help, and considerate response.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B
Re: Profile Evaluation - 700 GMAT Fortune 10 experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2018, 21:17
TopMBAHopeful34 wrote:
Info: 27 years old, white male, Finance/Accouting, with CPA designation

Career: 5 years by time of enrollment. All experience at a fortune 10 company. Entered the company through a rotational program, allowing +5 roles during this time. Due to high performance, I was allowed the opportunity for a development assignment in an international market.

Outside Work: Volunteer teaching English to foreign exhange students, Boys & Girls Club Youth Sports Coach, Mixed Martial Arts, Treasurer of Fraternity Alumni Board

GMAT: 700 (44Q 41V)
GPA: 3.8 (state school)

Stretch: Harvard, Booth, MIT, Kellogg
Safety: Darden, Mccombs, Johnson

Could you please let me know how much of a deal breaker my GMAT is? I feel my work experience and extracurriculars are on the stronger end. However, since I am an over represented demographic, I feel my score puts me at a disadvantage.

Thank you in advance for your time, help, and considerate response.

Hi, TopMBAHopeful34,

I don't think your GMAT is a deal breaker, but you're right to recognize that as an applicant in a popular category, you are likely to face tough competition. The schools evaluate applicants along a number of lenses. It's hard to say from the brief description above how you might fare, but you have some good things working in your favor. A high profile rotational program with great performance (and the recommendations to match) will help, as will your international experience. Of course, the schools will be looking for more than just exposure but also impact, so be sure to highlight what you accomplished. The same will be true of your extracurriculars: make sure that you're still contributing to the community (you don't want to only show activities from college), and seek leadership and/or impact with your work there.

Beyond that, the challenge will be to think deeply and execute well along all the different elements of the applications. The essays will be particularly important, as will your recommendations, for setting you apart.

Hope this was somewhat helpful! If you want to go a bit deeper into your profile, set up a consultation with one of us. We'd be happy to discuss it in more detail! Thanks so much for posting.

Julie-Anne Heafey
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation - 700 GMAT Fortune 10 experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2018, 08:40
hi
I'm trying to get my master degree in finance. I'm in the second year of getting my Undergraduate degree in accounting, my GPA is very good and I have some work experience(one year).
My first priority is getting a scholarship. do you think Even if I get a good score in GMAT and TOEFL can I get a scolorship.?

Profile Evaluation - 700 GMAT Fortune 10 experience

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap