It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 22:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation and advice on financing options needed

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 79

WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Profile evaluation and advice on financing options needed [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 02:30
Hello Everyone,

I'm an Indian male applicant to INSEAD sep-2017 intake. Its very ambitious of me to think of applying to INSEAD given my financial background.
My profile goes as follows:
GMAT: 720 (Q49/V40)
I am yet to take language test(s).
Work-Exp: 60 months till July-2016
Sector: Electrical Design Engineering - heavy electricals manufacturing and power sector (54 months at BHEL - a manufacturing sector PSU in India)
Extra-curriculars are good but community service is poor.
Have been part of theatre groups and social cause performances - acting and direction.
Leadership roles are ample within and beyond my profession.
Acads: High School - 91%
12th std - 93%
B. Tech. (Electrical Engineering) - 73.4% (but 4th in class)

Firstly, I'm not even sure how strong my profile is for INSEAD. So please enlighten me in this domain.

Secondly, my major concern is finance. In India, max. loan amount without collateral etc. is INR 30 lacs (approx EUR 40,000).
I have next to nil collateral property.
I'll be able to personally manage not more than approx EUR-15,000. So how am I supposed to fund my studies if I'm not awarded any scholarship. Saying that, may I know the probability of getting a scholarship and if yes, about how much, based on my profile.

Please oblige me with your advice as I really want to apply to INSEAD but for an average Indian with low financial background, it is next to impossible investing that much even if you deserve it. (If I do).

Thanks for reading.

Abhishek

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 15

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: IMD Jan'18 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Profile evaluation and advice on financing options needed [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2016, 06:36
Hi Abhishek,

I think if you get admission into INSEAD, financing should not be that difficult as Prodigy Finance would give you a decent sized loan and you have some of your own savings as well. You can highlight the issue to the admission team and possibly ask for scholarship.

J

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 15

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2016, 15:22
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Thanks for sharing.

From the information you have shared, your stats and background will not exclude you from consideration for INSEAD, but you would need to highlight accomplishments and experiences, sharing personal stories and motivations to stand out from peers, who have similarly accomplished backgrounds.

Crafting your applications in a compelling manner will allow strengthen your chances and may even result in some scholarships that would help with finances.

All the best and look forward to hearing your updates.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2016, 19:00
Hinjax wrote:
Hi Abhishek,

I think if you get admission into INSEAD, financing should not be that difficult as Prodigy Finance would give you a decent sized loan and you have some of your own savings as well. You can highlight the issue to the admission team and possibly ask for scholarship.

J

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I'm certainly trying to explore my chances at Prodigy loans but I just need an opinion on the probability of me getting a scholarship based on my profile. I would try my best to convince the adcom about my financials but I think at the end, profile does matter. Right?

Manager
Manager
B

Profile evaluation and advice on financing options needed [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2016, 19:09
VeritasPrepEdison wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

From the information you have shared, your stats and background will not exclude you from consideration for INSEAD, but you would need to highlight accomplishments and experiences, sharing personal stories and motivations to stand out from peers, who have similarly accomplished backgrounds.

Crafting your applications in a compelling manner will allow strengthen your chances and may even result in some scholarships that would help with finances.

All the best and look forward to hearing your updates.

Thank you so much for the response. This was what I needed to know - how competitive my profile actually is. Besides this, I've recently read that Jan intakes have option of summer internships too. I'm anyways going forward with the application.

And many thanks for your excellent Test Series. It was instrumental in me scoring a 720 on GMAT. You've got yourself a promoter for that matter.

I hope to receive advice in future in case I need it.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2016, 02:15
AA2014 wrote:
Thank you so much for the response. This was what I needed to know - how competitive my profile actually is. Besides this, I've recently read that Jan intakes have option of summer internships too. I'm anyways going forward with the application.

And many thanks for your excellent Test Series. It was instrumental in me scoring a 720 on GMAT. You've got yourself a promoter for that matter.

I hope to receive advice in future in case I need it.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

Great to hear that you are going through with your application.

Look forward to hearing your updates, wish you all the best!

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 66

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2016, 09:24
Hello Everyone,

I need a profile evaluation for INSEAD Sept 2017 intake.

Indian - Female
Engineer from NIT (Non IIT), CGPI 7.6/10
Acads - 90% till the 12th Standard

Work Ex-
11 months- worked on a family business after my fathers demise and revived the debt ridden business in the 11 month stint ( Later it was reduced in size because I wanted to join teh corporate sector)
4 years 6 months - as a decision scientist and later as a consultant with a top 10 consulting firm -1 promotion and 1 switch
International Work Ex- Worked to devise and implement the healthcare plan for a country (MENA region). Implementation, policy design etc for 10 months
3 Awards at the job
GMAT -690, retaking in the next 2 weeks

Please let me know my chances of admit. INSEAD is my target school , thus would also like to know the GMAT score that maximizes my chances of admit.

TIA :-D

Regards,
Soopergirl

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 66

Re: Profile evaluation and advice on financing options needed   [#permalink] 21 Aug 2016, 09:24

Profile evaluation and advice on financing options needed

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap