GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Oct 2019, 18:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation and school selection

new topic post reply Update application status  
Imperial College Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Retail Banking)
Reviews Badge
Profile evaluation and school selection  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 05:00
Hi
Following is my brief profile-
Indian male with a engineering degree in Computer science.
Started my career with a Govt non profit involved in Public Distribution System in India. Worked there for 2 years.
After that I joined a state owned bank and still working there. Its been more than 5 years since than.
GMAT 710(Q47, V39)
GPA 3.9
Post MBA goal For first 10 years want to work in an International banking institute.
Following that I want to work with my own venture in Fintec or in Micro-finance.
Which are the best suitable B schools for me?
Want an honest feedback on my profile.
B
Re: Profile evaluation and school selection  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 23:22
Hi aghosh54,

Hmmm, it's kind of hard to give you a list of names - we don't know much about where you want to be from the below - are you thinking about MBAs in India, the US, or elsewhere in the world? What kinds of skills are you looking to build - you are working in a bank - doing what? You want to work in an international banking institute - doing what? It's hard to figure out the bridge in between without understanding more about you and your goals. Developing more clarity around these questions is important for figuring out what programs might be best for you! Since the MBA is a professional program, I'd look for programs with good recruiting prospects at the types of firm you want to join after graduation, and courses that line up with the things you want to study that will help you be hired there. From there, I'd apply to a range of schools (reach, target and safety) based on your profile vs. the average profile of their students.

Best of luck!

Julie-Anne

Julie-Anne Heafey
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

aghosh54 wrote:
Hi
Following is my brief profile-
Indian male with a engineering degree in Computer science.
Started my career with a Govt non profit involved in Public Distribution System in India. Worked there for 2 years.
After that I joined a state owned bank and still working there. Its been more than 5 years since than.
GMAT 710(Q47, V39)
GPA 3.9
Post MBA goal For first 10 years want to work in an International banking institute.
Following that I want to work with my own venture in Fintec or in Micro-finance.
Which are the best suitable B schools for me?
Want an honest feedback on my profile.
Intern
Intern
Re: Profile evaluation and school selection  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2019, 03:55
thank you

Profile evaluation and school selection

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate