Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello chetanb707070

Your profile is a mixed bag.
The good is- past grades, diversity in work ex (industry), career goals (shows some homework as you are targeting specific leadership programs. Also show why you are interested in these, how you intend to use these programs to get into your long term goals and what transferable skills you have to fit into these programs).
At the same time presenting too many goals which are disconnected can hamper your application.
You may read here more on the factors critical in written applications and on career goals here
The not so good is the GMAT score you are targeting, looking at your past grades, you have the potential to score more. If you can get a 710+, and address the above in your essays, you have a fighting chance for getting an interview invite.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

chetanb707070 wrote:
Evaluate my profile for ISB.
Indian Male
Aiming for GMAT score of 650-700
Age - 27
10th - 82.67
12th - 85.5
Nagpur University B.E. - 65 % (2012)
Work expericene after B.E. - One of TATA Enterprise companies - 1 year (2012-13)
Aerospace Manufacturing and Operations Engineer.
Supervising production floor operations.
Managed a team of 8-10 Junior Engineers.
Daily operations and work plan executions.
Compliance to strict Aerospace quality standards.

Higher studies Preparation One year Gap (2013-2014)

M.tech Mechanical Engineering - from one of NIT - 8.98 (2014-16)
(published paper in a national journal)

Work Experience - Oct 2016 to present ( almost 2 years)
One of the leading IT companies in India
Engineering Support services
CAD/CAE projects and support.
Engineering systems testing and Engineering data management.
Got 1 promotion and best rating last year.
Assisting in project mangement and quality improvement initiatives.

Other Activities :
Played District level KHO-KHO in school.
NCC cadet during school time.
Actively participated in the College activities.

Hobbies include - Reading, Working out, following stock market, cooking

Desire and Expectations from ISB.
I am interested in below profiles post MBA.

1.Leadership programs offered by Aditya Birla Group, Bharti Airtel, HCL, HUL and Philips etc.
2.Energy management in any of oil/gas/petroleum/power business
3.Manufacturing and operations in leading product based companies.
4.Management consultancy companies which has opportunities in above industries.

Please reply with your valuable comments.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi there, please evaluate my profile

Xth- 90.8
XII-94.4
B.Tech(E&C), Pantnagar University, Uttarakhand- 80.92

Experience- 6 years, Hydro Power PSU- THDC India Limited-It includes Contract Management, India's largest planned Pumped Storage Plant- Tehri PSP (1000MW), Materials Management, Quality Assurance and Inspection of incoming machines including management of Manufacturing process at Vendor works, Operation of a Hydro Power Plant- Tehri HPP(1000MW)- India's highest Earth and Rock Fill Dam etc.

Co Curriculur- Member of THDC's Table Tennis Team- Won bronze medal in Inter CPSU tournament; At College level- Convener of Branch Society ; NCC A Certificate , NSS B Certificate ; At school level- various competitions etc

GMAT Score - targeting 750 plus

Kindly evaluate my profile and give indicative colleges where I stand a chance. I am looking at ISB Hyderabad basically.

Regards
Raghav
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
Hello Sraghav786

Past grades are decent and the GMAT score you are targeting will really help. What other schools are you applying to?
Your work profile is different from the usual applicants that ISB gets, so that might help you stand out as well. However, we have seen applicants increase slightly (same as your background) this year. The numbers are still small though. More than your role/responsibility focus on your career progression, achievements and impact on business. You may want to read here on what matters in the written application.
Similarly with extracurricular activities- showcase your contribution in it rather than a laundry list. School/college activities usually do not carry much weight unless you have achieved something spectacular.
Lastly, the most vital piece of the admissions puzzle is missing- your career goals. You will need to portray realistic short term and long term goals that not only need an MBA but also fit with the school's profile. Not sure of the narrative here, so the feedback remains shallow. You may want to read here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Sraghav786 wrote:

Xth- 90.8
XII-94.4

Experience- 6 years, Hydro Power PSU- THDC India Limited-It includes Contract Management, India's largest planned Pumped Storage Plant- Tehri PSP (1000MW), Materials Management, Quality Assurance and Inspection of incoming machines including management of Manufacturing process at Vendor works, Operation of a Hydro Power Plant- Tehri HPP(1000MW)- India's highest Earth and Rock Fill Dam etc.

Co Curriculur- Member of THDC's Table Tennis Team- Won bronze medal in Inter CPSU tournament; At College level- Convener of Branch Society ; NCC A Certificate , NSS B Certificate ; At school level- various competitions etc

Kindly evaluate my profile and give indicative colleges where I stand a chance. I am looking at ISB Hyderabad basically.

Regards
Raghav
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Please evaluate my Profile and let me know what score should i use to fill the IIM Indore form

Age/gender - 32/male
1)7.5 + years experience in It Industry as Senior Developer. (IBM 3.5 years , Infosys 3 years , Tech M - 1.5 yrs)
2)610 GMAT score (28 Verbal,45 Quant)
3)10th - 84.6% marks
4)12th - 61.67% marks
5)BTech - IT - 81.1 % marks
6)CEO/Director of Zionix solutions Pvt ltd - a software servcies & Product company.
7)CEO/Director of Swachh Wash LLP - a Company for Industrial Laundry Business.
8)Extra - curricular - 3 years has been working for NGO involved in agriculture, awareness for right to education for girl child, awareness for equal pay and status for women.

Please also let me know how much minimum GMAT score i require with my Profile to get a call

Thanks
Gaurav
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 759
Send PM
n

Originally posted by sahuiitd on 16 Sep 2018, 00:37.
Last edited by sahuiitd on 20 Oct 2020, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
Hello kumargauravtiwary

With Indian IT Male background, target at least 710+ for ISB.
Current score is too low for a call.
Also focus on all the factors mentioned here during writing your application.
The work ex has some good potential (AKA fodder for essays) but not sure what your career goals are and why you are applying for an MBA (that will matter the most in your application. You may want to read here to add to your research)

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

kumargauravtiwary wrote:
Please evaluate my Profile and let me know what score should i use to fill the IIM Indore form

Age/gender - 32/male
1)7.5 + years experience in It Industry as Senior Developer. (IBM 3.5 years , Infosys 3 years , Tech M - 1.5 yrs)
3)10th - 84.6% marks
4)12th - 61.67% marks
6)CEO/Director of Zionix solutions Pvt ltd - a software servcies & Product company.
8)Extra - curricular - 3 years has been working for NGO involved in agriculture, awareness for right to education for girl child, awareness for equal pay and status for women.

Please also let me know how much minimum GMAT score i require with my Profile to get a call

Thanks
Gaurav
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
Hello sahuiitd

You have a pretty solid profile. As long as you can tie in your past experience with your future goals and ISB, you stand a decent shot at ISB.
No glaring weakness, you have the goods, just need to deliver them in your essays/LOR.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

sahuiitd wrote:
Hello Every one:

Here is my Profile:

X:84.4 % (CBSE)
XII: 80 % (CBSE)
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Uttar Pradesh Technical University (JSS)-78.18 %
M.Tech in Design Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi)-7.81/10 CGPA
No Gap in Stuides.

Current Profile:Senior Project Engineer in Shapoorji Pallonji Oil & Gas BU (AFCONS) for Offshore Oil & Gas EPC Projects as Project Engineer and Project Management Professional with over 4+ years of experience in role for Project Management, Operations and Execution of EPC projects. Synposis as mentioned below:

" Project Engineer and Project Management Professional with over 4+ years of experience in role for Project Management of EPC projects. Successfully completed EPC project of ONGC-HRD Process Platform (Green field, Process Platform), Mumbai High, India of USD 250 million and currently working on ONGC/EIL-LEWPP1 & LEWPP2 project (Revamp field, Complete Topside Revamp of 43 wellhead platforms) of combined USD 320 million. Performed responsibilities starting from EPC Project initiation and planning such as proposals, bid-engineering (support to estimation and bidding teams), pre-engineering survey, detail engineering coordination, technical assistance to procurement, modular yard fabrication to execution, commissioning life cycle of offshore oil and gas projects including engineering management, interface management, vendor engineering management and control, project activities monitoring and overall coordination with site teams for EPC Projects with major roles as “Sr. Project Engineer”, “Sr. Project Engineering coordinator”."

Extra Curricular/Achievement : Trekking of different places and alreday completed National Level Trekking program with YHAI for 10 days trekking with certificate holder, Marathon running completed with 5k, 10k kms. Alreday in Process of obtaining PMP Project certification(International certificate for Project Managemnet Professional). Received M.H.R.D. Scholarship (2012-2014) for academic performance for securing 99.96 percentile in GATE-2012. Winner of Volleyball Tournament at college level

Target GMAT score:740

Post MBA Goals: Startegy managment and Project managment professional in Finance for Infrastructure/Renewable Energy EPC Projects

Kindly let me know about my profile.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sraghav786 wrote:

Xth- 90.8
XII-94.4

Regards
Raghav

Hi Raghav

what is your specific work experience at the power plant? I am sure you are doing very well, but the b-schools would be keen on knowing what your specific examples and achievements are.

My second question after this is, why do you need an MBA? What do you want to do after the MBA?

All crucial questions, which the ISB adcom asks through their application
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
kumargauravtiwary wrote:

Age/gender - 32/male
3)10th - 84.6% marks
4)12th - 61.67% marks

Thanks
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

Are you working in the IT industry and also running a parallel career as a businessman?
wow, well that's commendable if this is the case.

I am just wondering if the PGP Pro program is better suited for you. Is that something you have considered?
check the link here: https://www.isb.edu/post-graduate-programme-in-management-for-working-professionals
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
I have BE from Jadavpur University with 7.96 CGPA and 74.16%.
12th=84%
10=89.8%

I have work experience as maintenance engineer in Reliance Industries Limited for @years and 2 months.
Currently working in Maruti Suzuki as R&D engineer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Please review my profile and need suggestion whether to try for round 2 of 2019 batch or round 1 of 2020 batch.
Indian male, age 34 years
Class x: 81%
Class xii: 84%
Btech in civil Engg from NIT : 77%

Currently working in managerial position in a Maharatna PSU and having 10+ years experience. I am dealing with major capital investment works, mainly infrastructure facilities, for future products and diversification of company profile. I am involved in multiple projects from inception of idea till commencement of production activities. I also manage a team of 5 engineers and 80 workers, which take care of various facility management of the factory. I have completed certification in operations management & supply chain management.

Extracurricular activities: I am actively involved in community services through NGOs, since my college days, and also a member of CSR team of my company. In past I represented in various Inter unit and inter PSU football matches. I play guitar and have won best guitar player in 2012 (don’t know whether ISB gives any importance to music ;) )

I want to change my profile to strategic / operations management. ISB having a good brand value and good network, will be a great booster for my future. As I am currently involved in a major project, I am in dilemma to whether push myself to meet the deadline of round 2 or wait till round 1 of next batch. My GMAT mock score is in range of 650 to 700. Also want to know,is my higher experience deterrent or advantageous for my ISB application? What's the placement prospect for candidates with 10+ years experience?

Kindly excuse the typo errors, this message is sent from mobile

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello skscrack

Though your age/work ex is slightly on the higher side than the average at ISB, it will not be a problem.
Several students over 8 years work ex study at ISB. You should also look at the one year program at IIMs along with ISB. The average ex is closer to yours at IIMs.
Coming to placement, this is too broad a question and will depend on several factors, not just 'years' of work ex. You past profile, skills, future goals, target companies and roles and a bit of luck as always. So no straight answer there. A good way to get a more concrete answer is to speak to current students/alumni (via LinkedIn or contact ISB, they may put you in touch) with a profile similar to yours (that means not just years but other things such as industry, career goals etc). You will get a more informed answer.
Whether you should apply this year vs next year- I'll say prefer this year if you can slay the GMAT by Nov beginning and score a 700+. If not, then apply next year. This year is preferred for your profile because with your age/ex it does not make much sense to wait further.
Lastly, your overall profile looks pretty good in terms of work ex, extracurricular and career goals. If you can get a 700+, you have a decent shot. I'd peg your profile slightly better at IIMs.
Make sure you tie in the factors mentioned here to a strong career goal narrative (read here) in your essays.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

skscrack wrote:
Please review my profile and need suggestion whether to try for round 2 of 2019 batch or round 1 of 2020 batch.
Indian male, age 34 years
Class x: 81%
Class xii: 84%
Btech in civil Engg from NIT : 77%

Currently working in managerial position in a Maharatna PSU and having 10+ years experience. I am dealing with major capital investment works, mainly infrastructure facilities, for future products and diversification of company profile. I am involved in multiple projects from inception of idea till commencement of production activities. I also manage a team of 5 engineers and 80 workers, which take care of various facility management of the factory. I have completed certification in operations management & supply chain management.

Extracurricular activities: I am actively involved in community services through NGOs, since my college days, and also a member of CSR team of my company. In past I represented in various Inter unit and inter PSU football matches. I play guitar and have won best guitar player in 2012 (don’t know whether ISB gives any importance to music ;) )

I want to change my profile to strategic / operations management. ISB having a good brand value and good network, will be a great booster for my future. As I am currently involved in a major project, I am in dilemma to whether push myself to meet the deadline of round 2 or wait till round 1 of next batch. My GMAT mock score is in range of 650 to 700. Also want to know,is my higher experience deterrent or advantageous for my ISB application? What's the placement prospect for candidates with 10+ years experience?

Kindly excuse the typo errors, this message is sent from mobile

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Hello ,

28 years old Indian IT male here :cry: :cry: :cry:

GMAT - 760 ( Q49 , V44 , IR 7 , AWA 5.5 )
Work ex - 7 years with Infosys, 2 years ( presently working ) work ex in USA
Academics : B. Tech in Computer science and engineering ( CGPA 8.5/10 ) , Class 10 and 12 ( over 85% : State Board )

Looking to move into consulting .

decent extracurricular : part of Infosys CSR wing , environment clubs , sports clubs , quiz clubs etc . Avid traveler , visited 16 countries and all 29 states of India .

Chances at ISB ??? Please let me know ??? should i apply ?? I am currently in USA for past 2 years , ready to move back to India :grin:
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
Hello tito411990

You have a lot going for you. GMAT, international work ex, will help you stand out from other IT applicants.
Extracurricular activities could help too- but bring out your contribution or impact here more than a laundry list.
You haven't touched upon your work experience in detail. What will matter is- nature of work, career progress, achievements at work and business impact. This is what makes a profile strong. Unfortunately, absence of this info make a meaningful feedback on work experience front virtually impossible.
You have the goods you need to deliver now. In your essays tie in the past factors of your profile (read here) with your career goals (read here) and you should be good to go.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

tito411990 wrote:
Hello ,

Academics : B. Tech in Computer science and engineering ( CGPA 8.5/10 ) , Class 10 and 12 ( over 85% : State Board )

decent extracurricular : part of Infosys CSR wing , environment clubs , sports clubs , quiz clubs etc . Avid traveler , visited 16 countries and all 29 states of India .

Chances at ISB ??? Please let me know ??? should i apply ?? I am currently in USA for past 2 years , ready to move back to India :grin:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Hi Varun ,

Thanks for the feedback . Heres some more about work.
I am consistently ranked among the top 1% performers off my company . Won two promotions ahead of time due to my performance . Have a plethora of awards and certificates in different fields to vouch for my good work.
I work in the retail , CPG , and transportation and logistics domain with a leading liner shipping company as my client .
I have provided many solutions and implemented many projects which have saved $ for the client and have brought business for mu company .

Kindly let me me know if any further information is needed ?

Thanks
Tito

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello tito411990

As a top performer at work and 760 GMAT, not sure what you are worried about.
As long as you don't screw up in your essays, you have a strong chance of getting an interview call.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

tito411990 wrote:
Hi Varun ,

Thanks for the feedback . Heres some more about work.
I am consistently ranked among the top 1% performers off my company . Won two promotions ahead of time due to my performance . Have a plethora of awards and certificates in different fields to vouch for my good work.
I work in the retail , CPG , and transportation and logistics domain with a leading liner shipping company as my client .
I have provided many solutions and implemented many projects which have saved $ for the client and have brought business for mu company .

Kindly let me me know if any further information is needed ?

Thanks
Tito

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
tito411990 wrote:
Hello ,

Hi Tito,

Your excellent GMAT score definitely makes your profile stand out. Though you are from the most common pool, your GMAT score and international experience will appeal to the Adcom. What you should concentrate on is building a stellar application highlighting your achievements and leadership potential.

What other B-schools are you targeting? With your GMAT score you can definitely look into international B-schools. You can connect with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a detailed evaluation and also to discuss about potential B-schools.

Best of luck!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  108   109   110   111   112  ...  307