[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation : ISB - Page 108
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 21:08 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 21:08
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Please evaluate my profile

GMAT: 700
10th: 86.00
12th: 80.00
B.Tech: Electrical Engineering, 7.94
Experience: 4.5 years in Wipro as a Senior Project Engineer

Target colleges: ISB, IIM

Thanks,
Riya
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello riya1212

For a meaningful feedback please write back with more information around your Career Progress, Achievements at Work, Impact in Extracurricular activities, and most importantly Career Goals and need for an MBA from ISB/IIM.
You can read here and here on why these matter the most in your application.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

riya1212 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile

GMAT: 700
10th: 86.00
12th: 80.00
B.Tech: Electrical Engineering, 7.94
Experience: 4.5 years in Wipro as a Senior Project Engineer

Target colleges: ISB, IIM

Thanks,
Riya
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile - I am aiming at the Class of 2021 going for the Early Entry programme.

Academics:
1. 71% in B.Tech, IT (GGSIPU, Delhi), graduated in 2018
2. 84% in Class 12th, PCMCs from BBPSGR Delhi
3. 8.4 CGPA in class 10th

Professional life (it has come to my awareness that internships don't matter as much but I'm mentioning them so the consultant has a better idea of my background)
1. Working as a cyber security analyst in a Big4 in Government advisory (2 months to date) - working clientside + interacting with other clients with misc work + volunteering and offering my own knowledge outside of work (expanded below)
2. Interned in Microsoft GSMO - evangelism/management role (6 weeks)
3. Interned in the same Big4 I am working in before that (2 months)
4. Interned in a startup
5. Had my own female-focused pop culture t-shirt startup that was profitable and was a one man show (designs, procurement of tshirts, getting them printed, delivery to client) , made it work for six months and then moved on

Cocurriculars:
1. Formed and led the debate and Model UN society in my college for two years, with four successful events, in each I led a team of 50 people (some older, some younger)
2. Possessing 18 awards in Model UN conferences (10 best delegate {1st} and 8 high commendation {2nd} awards)
3. Moderator of an equity/forex/cryptocurrency trading group on Discord that spans twenty five countries and has 5000+ members - I developed two profitable trading strategies and am currently working on automating those.
4. Have been a forex/crypto trader for 3 years
5. Completed the goodreads one book a week challenge for 52 books in 2017 (and outpacing that in 2018) - not relevant to portfolio
6. Active gamer - not relevant to portfolio
7. Extremely experienced graphic designer - made logos, posters throughout class 11-12 and then throughout engineering - this helps with both leading an event and then marketing it :)

Why an MBA at ISB will help me:
1. Have led teams and people my whole life, my cousin is an ISB Hyd grad, seems like a logical step to take for me
2. I intend to lead projects and teams much larger than what I am entrusted with at my company (I am ground soldier, to everyone in the firm I'm a complete fresher but I feel my current problem is credibility with the management)
3. I need smarter people around me - at the expense of sounding arrogant, I like people that can make and hold a conversation and that's getting progressively harder to find

Family background:
1. Single mom, one younger brother who is in school

To whoever has the time to read through the above - thank you in advance, I hope your advice reduces my effort.

At the moment I am aiming at 750 and have one year to prepare - advice along that goal is also very graciously accepted.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [1]
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
hiteshbhatia3559 wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile - I am aiming at the Class of 2021 going for the Early Entry programme.

Academics:
1. 71% in B.Tech, IT (GGSIPU, Delhi), graduated in 2018
2. 84% in Class 12th, PCMCs from BBPSGR Delhi
3. 8.4 CGPA in class 10th

Professional life (it has come to my awareness that internships don't matter as much but I'm mentioning them so the consultant has a better idea of my background)
1. Working as a cyber security analyst in a Big4 in Government advisory (2 months to date) - working clientside + interacting with other clients with misc work + volunteering and offering my own knowledge outside of work (expanded below)
2. Interned in Microsoft GSMO - evangelism/management role (6 weeks)
3. Interned in the same Big4 I am working in before that (2 months)
4. Interned in a startup
5. Had my own female-focused pop culture t-shirt startup that was profitable and was a one man show (designs, procurement of tshirts, getting them printed, delivery to client) , made it work for six months and then moved on

Cocurriculars:
1. Formed and led the debate and Model UN society in my college for two years, with four successful events, in each I led a team of 50 people (some older, some younger)
2. Possessing 18 awards in Model UN conferences (10 best delegate {1st} and 8 high commendation {2nd} awards)
3. Moderator of an equity/forex/cryptocurrency trading group on Discord that spans twenty five countries and has 5000+ members - I developed two profitable trading strategies and am currently working on automating those.
4. Have been a forex/crypto trader for 3 years
5. Completed the goodreads one book a week challenge for 52 books in 2017 (and outpacing that in 2018) - not relevant to portfolio
6. Active gamer - not relevant to portfolio
7. Extremely experienced graphic designer - made logos, posters throughout class 11-12 and then throughout engineering - this helps with both leading an event and then marketing it :)

Why an MBA at ISB will help me:
1. Have led teams and people my whole life, my cousin is an ISB Hyd grad, seems like a logical step to take for me
2. I intend to lead projects and teams much larger than what I am entrusted with at my company (I am ground soldier, to everyone in the firm I'm a complete fresher but I feel my current problem is credibility with the management)
3. I need smarter people around me - at the expense of sounding arrogant, I like people that can make and hold a conversation and that's getting progressively harder to find

Family background:
1. Single mom, one younger brother who is in school

To whoever has the time to read through the above - thank you in advance, I hope your advice reduces my effort.

At the moment I am aiming at 750 and have one year to prepare - advice along that goal is also very graciously accepted.

Hi Hitesh,

Robin Sharma, the life coach and author says always move in the company of people smarter than you because you would have a lot to learn from them.
So your desire to move in smart people's copmpany is perfectly legit. As you mentioned, don't be arrogant about it, in life or in the MBA application. Being a ground soldier is crucial for any fresher as it builds you base. Moreover, with 2 months of experience, you should not be worrying about making it into larger projects. Make your impact in whatever you are doing and that will get you noticed by the senior management.

I like your profile and going by your past leadership record, I will assume your profile will be a lot stronger professionally by next year, when you apply. Infact if you can manage your GMAT on time, you can even apply this year
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:

Hi Hitesh,

Robin Sharma, the life coach and author says always move in the company of people smarter than you because you would have a lot to learn from them.
So your desire to move in smart people's copmpany is perfectly legit. As you mentioned, don't be arrogant about it, in life or in the MBA application. Being a ground soldier is crucial for any fresher as it builds you base. Moreover, with 2 months of experience, you should not be worrying about making it into larger projects. Make your impact in whatever you are doing and that will get you noticed by the senior management.

I like your profile and going by your past leadership record, I will assume your profile will be a lot stronger professionally by next year, when you apply. Infact if you can manage your GMAT on time, you can even apply this year

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback - I'll begin my preparation now. I'm considering giving the GMAT once this year to get a fair idea of where I stand and then once next year.
Your advice will definitely help :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
Expert Reply
hiteshbhatia3559 wrote:

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback - I'll begin my preparation now. I'm considering giving the GMAT once this year to get a fair idea of where I stand and then once next year.
Your advice will definitely help :)

Aaaah! that's a long plan. Study hard once and crack it the first time. You have all the time to take it when you are ready (but do set yourself a goal). Its no fun retaking the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,
Please help me evaluate my profile for Fall 2018 R1 applications.

Demographic: 24 years old, male, Indian

Academic background:
BTech: 8.18/10
GRE: 319

Work Experience: 2 years (as of Aug 2018)
Software Engineer at Honeywell (3 Awards)

Extra-curricular:
Football Player - part of college team
Lots of CSR initiatives both at my workplace and outside.
Tabla Player
CO-Curricular Captain of School.

Please let me know of my chances of getting called for an interview for ISB.

Best Regards,
Anand
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Helo123

With 2 years experience and in the software field, your profile and GRE will not really help you stand out from the large and competitive IT pool.
Unless you have stellar career progress, achievements and business impact (which you have not mentioned here). You could read here to find out what matters in a profile.
You have also not touched upon the most important piece of the puzzle- yur career goals and why you need to pursue PGP at ISB. Reading here might help.
In lack of qualitative info, I'd recommend a retake and target at least a 325+. The average score at ISB is 325 and you should be at least above to that to stand out. Still other factors mentioned above will play a crucial role.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Helo123 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Academic background:

Extra-curricular:
Tabla Player

Best Regards,
Anand
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Helo123 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Academic background:

Extra-curricular:
Tabla Player

Best Regards,
Anand

Hi Helo123

We understand that with 2 years of experience it is often difficult to build stellar resumes. However, it is important to show that you have a spark that sets you apart from your peers. For instance, 3 awards in 2 years are pretty good. One of the things that you can definitely do is write in depth about the achievements that have won you awards.

Also, keep in mind that 319 as a GRE score is a bit lower than the average of 324. Therefore, in order to secure the ISB essay, you must write really good essays highlighting your qualities and your extracurriculars.

Feel free to reach out to us for a detailed discussion on the approach for essays.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Hi

Please review my profile for ISB. Also please suggest what should I include in essays for ISB.

GMAT - 710
10th CBSE - 92.4 %
12th CBSE - 90.8 %

IIT Roorkee - CGPA - 8.131

Work Ex - 3 years as of now. At the time of admit it will be ~ 4 years

EXL services (1.5 Year)

- Fraud Analytics for US based apparel giant. Use the transactions and payments data to detect and stop future fraud loss.
- While working during the holiday season when the client sales shoots up to $500 million, I was fully responsible to manage the fraud operations for a banner and to devise strategies to implement during the season.
- Got a fast promotion within 1 year
- Employee of the quarter (1 in 250)

Axtira (1.5 Year)
- Woked for US pharmaceutical clients and helped them to set sales goals for their pharma reps across georgraphy

Freelacer - Also, work as a freelancer on fiverr.com to help small businesses around the world to automate their data handling and reporting process. Rated 4.7/5 by 22 reviewers.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.54
Send PM
EDUCATION:

X- 91%
XII- 83%
BSc. Economics(Hons): 63%

EXPERIENCE
A Diabetic Chef - crafts desserts specifically for the diabetic individuals.
Chief Executive Officer November 2013 - Present
• Designed recipes, like Dark Chocolate Sugarless Brownies, and developed low calorie food items suited to fit diabetics
• Expanded a home bakery to a restaurant kitchen outlet in 4 years, completely on bootstrapped funding of 15 lakhs
• Singlehandedly led social media campaigns and operations at the restaurant kitchen in Pune and Mumbai. The business was generating 38-42% profits, year on year.
• Awarded at various platforms and received accolades from national and regional newspapers, namely, Times of India, Bombay Times (Mumbai), Pune Mirror (Pune), Ei Samay (Kolkata), Deccan Chronicle, Radio - 104.8 FM, popular publications namely, Humans of Bombay, Blush Magazine, LBB-Mumbai, Paisa Wapas and Daily Hunt, and on blogs like Uddeshya Mumbai, Young India Challenge, The Start Up Tales, Homie, Salt Paper Food Guide and Symbiosis International University Blog

House of Kedi
Co-Founder October 2017- Present
• Curated gender fluid and gender-neutral clothes for people who identify/don’t identify with a normative societal gender
• Investigated barriers to entry in current designer clothes market & collaborated with androgynous bloggers/writers to gain traction across platforms; Successfully sold the entire first collection and marked up revenue of 50% Q1 and Q2

Bayside Media- Mumbai, India
Branding Consultant and Business Communication Trainer Digital Marketing Trainer April 2018 – July 2018
• Developed digital marketing strategies, branding 360-degree changes and curriculum for organic digital marketing.
• Upgraded various social media platforms; Successful campaign running on Instagram and Facebook.
• Upgraded to Google Classroom used in training of students for all courses
• Evaluated and taught Digital Marketing and Business Communication to over 250 students across Mumbai and Pune.

Teaching Middle School Children (Freelancing)
Debate and Public Speaking September 2017 - Present
• Designed a student curriculum for debating and public speaking specifically suited for middle and secondary school students.
• Evaluated and trained over 30 students from schools in Mumbai on multi-disciplinary topics.
• Working with schools- __________________________________________
• After a 3-months training, 12 students won MUN or a debate championship; a 12-yr old student got selected for Junior Ted-x.

Foxymoron - A digital agency that believes in a 360-degree upgrade in the brand value of its client
Business Development Intern/Online Reputation Management May - June 2016
• Understood organizational structure, making minutes of the meetings, assisted in marketing research initiatives and social media marketing, learned online reputation management, and Radian 6.
• Worked with major clients for deck creation and social media marketing.
• Accomplished completion of a major ORM project valued at over 25 Lakhs.

EDUCATION

Symbiosis School of Economics, Symbiosis International University, Pune, India
• Wrote my thesis on “Eating Outside for the Health Disordered Market” - A detailed quantitative analysis to understand market trends on how people with health disorders order food. Used to supplement the business of A Diabetic Chef

ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACCOLADES
• Food Club (Founder): Received Excellence Award in 2016 at Symbiosis School of Economics.
• Conferred Special Achievement 2017 for showing excellence in Entrepreneurship at Symbiosis School of Economics.
• Bagged first position at Symbiosis Start Ups Competition, Won 3 Lakhs (Pan India) - 2017.
• Winner of NMIMS B-Plan Competition-2016 and 1st Runner Up at the NMIMS Debate Championship - 2017
• Winner of NESS Wadia Debate-2016 and Just A Minute - Laissez Faire 2016 and 2017.
• 1st Runner Up at the BMCC-Troika Debate and Extempore, 2016 and Flames JAM-2016.
• Associated with Literature Club, Debating Society (Co-Founder) 2014
• Judged DBIT National Debate Championship: Indian parliamentary debate, and National College Debate Competition, 2018
• Speaker at Confluence: Humans v/s AI & National College Festival: GRIT - Life Journey of a Diabetic Chef, DBIT
• Human Book at the Human Library Mumbai (Awarded Best Seller and Youngest Book)
• Subject of an autobiography being written on my life story as A Diabetic Chef to be published by November,2018
• Modeled with Achint Kaur (Actress) for a Bow Ties and Suspenders blog shoot
• Google Digital Marketing on Ad words with a 91% grade in June, 2018.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Request to evaluate my profile.
GMAT -730 Q51, V37, IR 8, AWA 5
Academics
10th: 94%
12th: 85%
B.E (Mechanical), BITS Pilani Goa Campus, CGPA 8.66

Work Experience:
A. 2 Months Summer Internship at Thermax Ltd. (Boiler manufacturer company) during vacation after the 2nd year of undergraduation
B. 6 months curricular internship at Tata Technologies Ltd. working with the aerospace division
C. Working with Tata Motors, Pune for 3 years now-
1. 20 months with Purchase Program Management department, a coordination unit within Purchase & Supply chain department
2. Currently working with the Advance Quality (Part development) department. A techno-managerial role.

Achievements:
1. N.T.S.E Scholarship recipient
2. Recipient of institute's merit-cum need scholarship during undergraduation
3. Led BITS Pilani, Goa carrom team at inter-college sports fest.
4. Inter-school athletic event (long jump) bronze medal
5. Part of Tata Motors, Pune football team which secured third place at an inter-Tata corporate football tournament

Extra Curricular:
1. Football: Part of Tata Motors, Pune football team. Represented Tata Motors in many corporate football tournaments
2. Carrom: Represented BITS Pilani, Goa at sports fest in the carrom event
3. Part of various CSR activities initiated by Tata Motors

Career goals(Why MBA?):

Having worked with the core mechanical industry for 3-4 years, I would like to get exposure to diverse aspects of a business and varied industries. I believe a B-school would definitely be a good place to start with. Post-MBA I want to get into operations consulting role, grow within the organization to attain positions of higher responsibility in operations and help contribute towards organization's growth.

Aiming for: ISB, SMU, NTU

I'll be applying in R2
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello savalgi12

The outline of your profile is quite strong.
Acads, work ex, extracurricular, goals all look decent. (You can read here on what to focus on in your written applications and here on career goals)
With this profile is there a specific reason why you are targeting R2? R1 has more scholarships and hence can be more beneficial. Unless you are pressed for time or have not begun work on the applications at all.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

savalgi12 wrote:
Academics

Work Experience:
A. 2 Months Summer Internship at Thermax Ltd. (Boiler manufacturer company) during vacation after the 2nd year of undergraduation
B. 6 months curricular internship at Tata Technologies Ltd. working with the aerospace division
1. 20 months with Purchase Program Management department, a coordination unit within Purchase & Supply chain department
2. Currently working with the Advance Quality (Part development) department. A techno-managerial role.

Achievements:
5. Part of Tata Motors, Pune football team which secured third place at an inter-Tata corporate football tournament

Extra Curricular:
1. Football: Part of Tata Motors, Pune football team. Represented Tata Motors in many corporate football tournaments

Career goals(Why MBA?):

Having worked with the core mechanical industry for 3-4 years, I would like to get exposure to diverse aspects of a business and varied industries. I believe a B-school would definitely be a good place to start with. Post-MBA I want to get into operations consulting role, grow within the organization to attain positions of higher responsibility in operations and help contribute towards organization's growth.

I'll be applying in R2
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello savalgi12

The outline of your profile is quite strong.
Acads, work ex, extracurricular, goals all look decent. (You can read here on what to focus on in your written applications and here on career goals)
With this profile is there a specific reason why you are targeting R2? R1 has more scholarships and hence can be more beneficial. Unless you are pressed for time or have not begun work on the applications at all.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

savalgi12 wrote:
Academics

Work Experience:

Achievements:

Extra Curricular:

Career goals(Why MBA?):

I'll be applying in R2
Thank you for your review sir. As rightly pointed by you, I still haven't started working on my applications and shortage of time is a major hindrance. Moreover, as far as I know, partial scholarships are open for both R1 and R2 applicants. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Expert Reply
savalgi12 wrote:
Academics

Work Experience:

Achievements:

Extra Curricular:

Career goals(Why MBA?):

I'll be applying in R2

Hi!

You have a pretty strong profile and GMAT. Don't think you should consider SMU. For ISB, if you are planning to do the application yourself, then you may target R2, but if you are looking to work with a professional consultant, you should be able to target R1. Scholarships apart, R1 has its own advantages not just for ISB but your planning for other schools based on the results.

All the Best!
ISBmantra / Admit Square Consulting

[Meet us at Taj Vivanta, MG Road, Bangalore along with our team of former ISB Directors and top school alumni on 18th September]
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Expert Reply
ankit7agarwal wrote:
Hi

Please review my profile for ISB. Also please suggest what should I include in essays for ISB.

GMAT - 710
10th CBSE - 92.4 %
12th CBSE - 90.8 %

IIT Roorkee - CGPA - 8.131

Work Ex - 3 years as of now. At the time of admit it will be ~ 4 years

EXL services (1.5 Year)

- Fraud Analytics for US based apparel giant. Use the transactions and payments data to detect and stop future fraud loss.
- While working during the holiday season when the client sales shoots up to $500 million, I was fully responsible to manage the fraud operations for a banner and to devise strategies to implement during the season.
- Got a fast promotion within 1 year
- Employee of the quarter (1 in 250)

Axtira (1.5 Year)
- Woked for US pharmaceutical clients and helped them to set sales goals for their pharma reps across georgraphy

Freelacer - Also, work as a freelancer on fiverr.com to help small businesses around the world to automate their data handling and reporting process. Rated 4.7/5 by 22 reviewers.

Pretty good profile Ankit! Low work-ex would mean extra emphasis on your leadership and industry exposure through your essays. Analytics background should help given the wide range of opportunities at ISB. Your Fiverr experience may also come in handy while working on the diversity essay.

All the Best!
ISBmantra / Admit Square Consulting

[Meet us at Taj Vivanta, MG Road, Bangalore along with our team of former ISB Directors and alumni from the ivy league on 18th September]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HI Team

Thank for help ,

My Profile say,
SSC 84.3
+2 86.3
B.tech (Mechanical) 71.3
MBA(Power) 73

and over 8+ Years of experience with varied exposure to Operation , BD and strategy
around 1yr experience of entrepreneurship

would like to give a try for ISB ;
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  106   107   108   109   110  ...  307