It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 05:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for MiM HEC Paris

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation for MiM HEC Paris [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:46
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi there!

I was wondering if I could get an honest opinion whether I could get accepted into the Masters in Management at HEC Paris.

I don't have a business background, I graduated a year ago from the University of San Francisco with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, with Honors in Humanities and a minor in art history/arts management and in neuroscience. My GPA is a 3.8.
I speak English, Spanish and French fluently and also basic Italian. I am currently employed as a research assistant at the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, where I manage a clinical trial in neuropsychology focused on cognitive reserve that targets traumatic brain injury. I worked my entire college career part-time, I worked as a laboratory manager at a psychology lab (1 year) and as research assistant before that (1 year), I worked as a retail associate for about 3 years, and I also interned at the San Francisco Sheriff's department and at IBM Tealeaf for 6 months each. I have not taken the GRE or GMAT yet.

What do you think? Any suggestions for what could help my application?

Thank you all for your help in advance!!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 26

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
Re: Profile Evaluation for MiM HEC Paris [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 15:17
From what I've heard USA applicants are facilitated but you should still aim for a 700+ gmat, also I am not sure how relevant would your work exp be

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 26

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 42

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.69
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2017, 02:07
I applied for hec paris mim round 1. I was rejected . i had a gmat of 720 gpa 8/10. Two internships and i am software engineering student. This year hec has been very hard for the gmat especially in round 1 atleast for indians and chinese. Even though you are from usa i would suggest atleast a 700+ or 327+ in gre for a high chance

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 42

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 12:49
premprabhs111 wrote:
I applied for hec paris mim round 1. I was rejected . i had a gmat of 720 gpa 8/10. Two internships and i am software engineering student. This year hec has been very hard for the gmat especially in round 1 atleast for indians and chinese. Even though you are from usa i would suggest atleast a 700+ or 327+ in gre for a high chance

How do you know you got rejected already? Isn't the admissibility date 15th November?

Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 00:28
mpa23 wrote:
Hi there!

I was wondering if I could get an honest opinion whether I could get accepted into the Masters in Management at HEC Paris.

I don't have a business background, I graduated a year ago from the University of San Francisco with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, with Honors in Humanities and a minor in art history/arts management and in neuroscience. My GPA is a 3.8.
I speak English, Spanish and French fluently and also basic Italian. I am currently employed as a research assistant at the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, where I manage a clinical trial in neuropsychology focused on cognitive reserve that targets traumatic brain injury. I worked my entire college career part-time, I worked as a laboratory manager at a psychology lab (1 year) and as research assistant before that (1 year), I worked as a retail associate for about 3 years, and I also interned at the San Francisco Sheriff's department and at IBM Tealeaf for 6 months each. I have not taken the GRE or GMAT yet.

What do you think? Any suggestions for what could help my application?

Thank you all for your help in advance!!

Hello mpa23,

We are a bit late in responding you but we hope this reaches you in time.

You surely have a differentiated profile both academically and professionally. However, a lot will depend on how well you connect the dots. In other words, it is imperative that you showcase a logical sync among your existing experience, short-term goals, and long-term plans. In your case, the need to establish the need for an MiM is very crucial.

Having said the above, the GMAT/GRE score will also be crucial. The median GMAT for last year's intake was 710. Hence, you must quite obviously be targetting a score above that. Needless to say, the higher the better.

We hope this helps! :)

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation for MiM HEC Paris   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2017, 00:28

Profile Evaluation for MiM HEC Paris

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap