GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 25 May 2020, 00:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation for MiM - How much lack of experience will harm?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: HEC MiM 2020 intake: Calling all applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 05:26
Hey all!
I am a graduating energy engineering bachelors form Iran, and aspiring to join a good MiM program in europe, including the HEC Paris.
Here is the gist of my profile:
3.67 / 4 GPA top 15% of my class from a top Iranian polytechnic
328 GRE... 167 in Quant. Not sure if it is approached like a 720 in GMAT, but according to ETS its a 720.
112 TOEFL
A summer school in RWTH Aachen
A year of experience as program coordinator for a student club.

I don't have any official intership or part time job in a renowned company and I wonder how that is going to affect my odds.
I would be delighted to hear your comments and suggestion about my chances of getting into a top-notch school in Europe, HEC/ Essec/ Bocconi or even RSM/CBS..
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: Profile Evaluation for MiM - How much lack of experience will harm?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 21:55
Top Contributor
kianmaghsoodi wrote:
Hey all!
I am a graduating energy engineering bachelors form Iran, and aspiring to join a good MiM program in europe, including the HEC Paris.
328 GRE... 167 in Quant. Not sure if it is approached like a 720 in GMAT, but according to ETS its a 720.
112 TOEFL

I don't have any official intership or part time job in a renowned company and I wonder how that is going to affect my odds.
I would be delighted to hear your comments and suggestion about my chances of getting into a top-notch school in Europe, HEC/ Essec/ Bocconi or even RSM/CBS..

Hi kianmaghsoodi

Your profile is great, and if you can submit a strong app, you should have an excellent chance at HEC. The other options - RSM/CBS/Bocconi/ESSEC should be quite within your reach. Maybe add ESCP and LBS to the mix as well.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
Re: Profile Evaluation for MiM - How much lack of experience will harm?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 03:30
GyanOne wrote:
kianmaghsoodi wrote:
Hey all!
112 TOEFL

Hikianmaghsoodi

Your profile is great, and if you can submit a strong app, you should have an excellent chance at HEC. The other options - RSM/CBS/Bocconi/ESSEC should be quite within your reach. Maybe add ESCP and LBS to the mix as well.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Thank you for your reply :) as you might have noticed, I'm from Iran, which translates to having to bear a hefty price for business school education when you convert the 40K ~ 50K euros for two years into Iranian Rial. 40K equals to 6 Billion Rials! Which is quite high. Cost is a decisive factor and therefore, my proprieties are the schools that I might be able to secure some kind of scholarships or funding or they are cheaper in general (Like Mannheim). Based on what I have been able to demystify about my chances, I found out that I might have a fair chance of receiving funding in Bocconi based on the GRE and Merit, and some diversity scholarships like the one in INSEAD, since my profile and background is probably utterly under-represented I suppose. Can you please assess my odds for securing scholarship in some of these European Schools, such as HEC, ESSEC, and etc.?
Director
Director
V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 10:01
kianmaghsoodi wrote:
Hey all!
112 TOEFL

Hi, Most of the MiM programs didn't require work experience. It is an added advantage to your profile. With your score, you have a fair chance to get admit in your desired schools, considering a good SOP and strong recommendations. All the best.
Director
Director
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2020, 21:57
Hey kianmaghsoodi,

I must say that you have a pretty strong profile - Don't worry, your GRE is pretty strong. GPA and College rank also work in your favor ( Especially for HEC which is known to recruit only from the top UG Colleges)

Having an experience is the summer school is also a highlighting factor. You need to highlight the experience and the major achievements you had while you were studying there.
You have volunteering,team-work experience, etc this adds weightage to your profile and differentiates you from your competitors. You will be competing with applicants with wider experience, so make sure to highlight all your extra-curricular.
For a GRE score of 328 ESCP, Bocconi, HEC, and RSM works in favor of you. Though these schools are highly competitive so you need to make sure that you highlight your achievements properly through your essays.
Apart from the schools, you have mentioned you can also target LBS, Duke, ESSEC, IE, SMU, etc.
I would suggest you take up this free profile evaluation here so that I can get back with an in-depth analysis - https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gmat-pe
If you have any other queries feel free to drop me an mail at support@mim-essay.com. I will be happy to help you with your queries and application process. Also, if you are planning to apply for 2020 intake let me know I would be happy to schedule a call and discuss your queries.

PS - The initial consulting call is absolutely free:)

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Book A Free Call: https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/?gfc-button
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2020, 20:12
MiMEssay wrote:
Hey kianmaghsoodi,

I must say that you have a pretty strong profile - Don't worry, your GRE is pretty strong. GPA and College rank also work in your favor ( Especially for HEC which is known to recruit only from the top UG Colleges)

Having an experience is the summer school is also a highlighting factor. You need to highlight the experience and the major achievements you had while you were studying there.
You have volunteering,team-work experience, etc this adds weightage to your profile and differentiates you from your competitors. You will be competing with applicants with wider experience, so make sure to highlight all your extra-curricular.
For a GRE score of 328 ESCP, Bocconi, HEC, and RSM works in favor of you. Though these schools are highly competitive so you need to make sure that you highlight your achievements properly through your essays.
Apart from the schools, you have mentioned you can also target LBS, Duke, ESSEC, IE, SMU, etc.
I would suggest you take up this free profile evaluation here so that I can get back with an in-depth analysis - https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gmat-pe
If you have any other queries feel free to drop me an mail at support@mim-essay.com. I will be happy to help you with your queries and application process. Also, if you are planning to apply for 2020 intake let me know I would be happy to schedule a call and discuss your queries.

PS - The initial consulting call is absolutely free:)

Thank you for your kind reply:) Do I have any chance of getting admitted into master of finance in any of those?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation for MiM - How much lack of experience will harm?   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2020, 20:12

Profile Evaluation for MiM - How much lack of experience will harm?

new topic post reply Update application status