Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:45 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for NUS MBA - Round 2 [#permalink]
GyanOne wrote:
aazad wrote:
Hi all,

I am an Indian Male Engineer(Age: 26) graduated in 2019 with CGPA of 8.51/10. I have ~4.5 yrs of work ex overall till date (Nov'23) and have a score of 650 in GMAT (Q50, V28, IR 7, AWA 4).
I am planning to apply for NUS MBA in Round 2 and wanted to know your thoughts on my profile.

Work ex:
[*] 1.5 yrs of product development developing ERP softwares, was one of the top performers there and took initiatives for internal trainings as well
[*] 3 yrs in healthcare consulting firm working across business functions. My work involves helping client with decision making through data driven insights, worked as an Associate for 2 yrs and received an early promotion to Associate Consultant (1 yr in this role). Have received 2 awards at client level (among 500+ members) in the last 3 years for excellent client management

Extra curricular:
[*] Managed and led teams in college cultural fests
[*] Also did a pro bono consulting project for developing mental health platform for a startup in Ireland
[*] Research and published 2 papers (1 in IEEE and 1 in Springer Journal)
[*] Was part of social initiavites like teaching underprivileged kids, and also environmental causes

Post MBA my goal is to continue in consulting, and work across industries. My immediate goal after MBA is to crack MBB and develop business acumen there.

Hi aazad

Thanks for posting. You have a good profile - your GPA and work experience are solid. The ECA part is decent as well.

The GMAT, though, may be a point of reconsideration here. 650 may not be enough for Indian candidates applying to NUS. Please retake the GMAT and aim for a 680+ at the minimum, and 700+ if possible.

Hi,
Thanks for replying. GMAT is somewhat of an issue for me, I have given 3 attempts now and 650 is my best score, so I dont think I will be able to give the exam again and the low score is kind of the reason to look at schools with lower avg GMAT like NUS, IE Business school
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
aazad wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
aazad wrote:
Hi all,

I am an Indian Male Engineer(Age: 26) graduated in 2019 with CGPA of 8.51/10. I have ~4.5 yrs of work ex overall till date (Nov'23) and have a score of 650 in GMAT (Q50, V28, IR 7, AWA 4).
I am planning to apply for NUS MBA in Round 2 and wanted to know your thoughts on my profile.

Work ex:
[*] 1.5 yrs of product development developing ERP softwares, was one of the top performers there and took initiatives for internal trainings as well
[*] 3 yrs in healthcare consulting firm working across business functions. My work involves helping client with decision making through data driven insights, worked as an Associate for 2 yrs and received an early promotion to Associate Consultant (1 yr in this role). Have received 2 awards at client level (among 500+ members) in the last 3 years for excellent client management

Extra curricular:
[*] Also did a pro bono consulting project for developing mental health platform for a startup in Ireland
[*] Was part of social initiavites like teaching underprivileged kids, and also environmental causes

Post MBA my goal is to continue in consulting, and work across industries. My immediate goal after MBA is to crack MBB and develop business acumen there.

Hi aazad

Thanks for posting. You have a good profile - your GPA and work experience are solid. The ECA part is decent as well.

The GMAT, though, may be a point of reconsideration here. 650 may not be enough for Indian candidates applying to NUS. Please retake the GMAT and aim for a 680+ at the minimum, and 700+ if possible.

Hi,
Thanks for replying. GMAT is somewhat of an issue for me, I have given 3 attempts now and 650 is my best score, so I dont think I will be able to give the exam again and the low score is kind of the reason to look at schools with lower avg GMAT like NUS, IE Business school

Ok, look at other options in that case. You may not be competitive with a 650 there, even though that score is just slightly below their average.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
aazad wrote:
Hi all,

Work ex:

Extra curricular:

Hello aazad,

Hope this finds you well.

While you have a strong overall profile, the GMAT proves to be a bit of a dampener. Our suggestion would be that you focus on improving your GMAT and then apply with a better score.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ExpertsGlobal wrote:
aazad wrote:
Hi all,

Work ex:

Extra curricular:

Hello aazad,

Hope this finds you well.

While you have a strong overall profile, the GMAT proves to be a bit of a dampener. Our suggestion would be that you focus on improving your GMAT and then apply with a better score.

Good luck!

Hi,
I have given GMAT Focus edition and now my score is 655 (equivalent to 710 in GMAT Classic). Will this score help my case?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
aazad wrote:
Hi all,

Work ex:

Extra curricular:

aazad hope this finds you well. Your undergrad arc is not clear. If you went to a tier 1 college in India that could boost your chances significantly. That aside, your profile is very impressive, especially your more recent stint in healthcare consulting with promotions. I have seen folks getting into the M7 with healthcare consulting profiles and good GMAT scores, which is why I would suggest that you strongly consider improving the verbal score on the GMAT. Sometimes the schools can take the score break down on the face value since you come from a competitive demographic and may think that a poor verbal score reflects your weakness in the "communication" aspect.

Edit- I see that you have improved in terms of percentile scores in the GMAT focus edition, which I believe will positively impact your profile. I suggest that you submit both the scores and sure showcase your strong quantitative aptitude. The GMAT retake will also demonstrate a dedicated approach to self-improvement.

Personalized advice tailored to your specific situation is just a phone call or message away. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help navigating your unique circumstances in the B School admissions process.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
GMAT Club Bot