GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 23:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation - GMAT 720, Consulting Big 4

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile evaluation - GMAT 720, Consulting Big 4  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 12:09
Hello,

Please find below my profile below. Request you to please evaluate this and I thank you in anticipation for your help!

Age – 26 years Male, Nationality – Indian

Education: B.E.(Hons) - Mechanical - BITS Pilani. CGPA - 6.9/10 (WES reqd???)
GMAT – 720 (Q49, V38, IR6), planning to apply to primarily US B schools, also thinking of HEC & Rotman (safe imo)

WE:
3 yrs - Worked in a startup (based out of Bangalore) which operated in the private company research space and provided boutique consulting to PE/IB clients. Joined as Analyst in 2014, got promoted twice in the first two years and moved on from the company as Lead analyst (was involved in managing a team of 10 analysts who were Indian MBA grads). I held multiple roles in the startup from investment research to product management to internal org strategy and helped in scaling the startup from 10 to ~300 employees.
1.5 yrs & present - Associate - II at PwC Advisory (Strategy consulting practice),got promoted in the first year at the firm - Have worked on organization strategy, customer research & GTM strategy projects for clients majorly based out of the US.

Extra curricular
1. Active member of the alumni organization at BITS - Pilani (called BITSAA). Have been volunteering there for the last 2 years majorly handling the scholarships team
2. Got a project recognition award in PwC after just 6 months into the firm
3. Some volunteering in NGO work here at PwC.
4. Have been part of the fest organizing body back in college and was also a core member of the Gaming club
5. Numerous academic accolades in school, 11&12th

Post MBA Goal – Management Consulting / Strategy Consulting specifically in the area of Org strategy & cost optimization

I am planning to apply for Tepper, Ross, Mccombs, Duke (these imo are moderate for me), Wharton, Booth, Stern (these imo are ambitious for me) - all in R2

I would like to understand your view on my profile (as to where I stand) and what are the things that I need to do in order to improve my profile.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Profile evaluation - GMAT 720, Consulting Big 4  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2018, 06:21
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. Things look solid from the limited info here about your professional profile and EC involvement. GMAT is respectable though not outstanding, and grades the same/could be higher. In terms of what you can DO to improve your profile, if applying this year there is not likely too much more you can do (unless a GMAT retake is an option if you think you could get to say 740/750), but you can focus on presenting your story effectively in your applications, showing all that you would bring to a class, why your perspective might be more valuable than other similar applicants, why the MBA will benefit you, a clear goals plan, and why that particular school is a good fit. That will make the difference! I agree with your school list assessment with the caveat that the schools may even be more difficult than you indicate due to the sheer competitiveness and numbers of similar applicants. I would agree with Rotman as safer but HEC will still be difficult. Focus on quality applications, good luck!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Profile evaluation - GMAT 720, Consulting Big 4

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap