GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 02 Apr 2020, 21:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation - Imperial/LSE/Cass (...) MSc Finance

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation - Imperial/LSE/Cass (...) MSc Finance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2020, 08:13
Hi everyone, I am looking for opinions/evaluation on my profile. I intend to apply for an MSc Finance (Hesitating with MSc Finance and Private Equity at LSE since I want to work in a VC firm in the long run).

Education: BSc in Economics and Management with a concentration in Finance (Electives) in a French public University. Expected graduation in May 2020.
Grades: 15/20 so far (Equivalent to a 2:1 or 1st in the UK depending on universities). Quantitative grades (Maths, Statistics, Econometrics) around 17-18/20.
Sex: Male.

Work Experience: Nothing relevant to the Finance Industry, no internships. I worked a lot as a Waiter to pay for my studies since I am 16 (Every summer and part-time during University). I am afraid my lack of internships/relevant work experience will be detrimental to my applications.
ECs: Head of Partnerships division at my university's student life association. Managed to obtain several sponsorships for our events with renowned companies.

GMAT: Next Thursday (07 February). Expected 700+ (47-49 Quant; 37-40 Verbal).
TOEFL: 110/120 (29 Reading - 27 Listening/Speaking/Writing).

Career goals - Long term: Work for a Venture Capital firm. Immediately after MFin: IB analyst.

Universities targeted:
UK: Imperial - LSE MSc Finance (Or Private Equity?) - Cass Business School - Warwick.
France/Italy/Spain: HEC - ESSEC - Bocconi - ESADE.

What are my chances based on my profile? Any advice is welcome.

Thank you!
Director
Director
V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Re: Profile Evaluation - Imperial/LSE/Cass (...) MSc Finance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 09:46
Seraphine wrote:
Hi everyone, I am looking for opinions/evaluation on my profile. I intend to apply for an MSc Finance (Hesitating with MSc Finance and Private Equity at LSE since I want to work in a VC firm in the long run).

Education: BSc in Economics and Management with a concentration in Finance (Electives) in a French public University. Expected graduation in May 2020.
Grades: 15/20 so far (Equivalent to a 2:1 or 1st in the UK depending on universities). Quantitative grades (Maths, Statistics, Econometrics) around 17-18/20.
Sex: Male.

Work Experience: Nothing relevant to the Finance Industry, no internships. I worked a lot as a Waiter to pay for my studies since I am 16 (Every summer and part-time during University). I am afraid my lack of internships/relevant work experience will be detrimental to my applications.
ECs: Head of Partnerships division at my university's student life association. Managed to obtain several sponsorships for our events with renowned companies.

GMAT: Next Thursday (07 February). Expected 700+ (47-49 Quant; 37-40 Verbal).
TOEFL: 110/120 (29 Reading - 27 Listening/Speaking/Writing).

Career goals - Long term: Work for a Venture Capital firm. Immediately after MFin: IB analyst.

Universities targeted:
UK: Imperial - LSE MSc Finance (Or Private Equity?) - Cass Business School - Warwick.
France/Italy/Spain: HEC - ESSEC - Bocconi - ESADE.

What are my chances based on my profile? Any advice is welcome.

Thank you!

Hi, Welcome to GMATClub. For MS programs, the experience is not mandatory. However, it would be an added advantage and boost your chances to get admitted. As you are confident about 700+, if it happens you will get admit from the above all mentioned schools with a good SOP and strong LORs. all the best for your exam.
Director
Director
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation - Imperial/LSE/Cass (...) MSc Finance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 22:08
Hey Seraphine,

I would say that you have a fair profile. Talking about your Academics your GPA is decent till date but I’d still suggest targeting a little higher grades by the end of your graduation ( i.e 17 or above) as it would definitely be helpful for you to outrun some of the competition in initial application screening.
Coming over to your GMAT score, an expected score of 700+ is surely a decent score and you can definitely apply for your target schools with it.
As you are looking for specialized masters, it is suggested to have at least a year of work experience in the finance-related fields when you’re targeting Top B-Schools for MSc in Finance program. Therefore, your No work experience can be a bit of a roadblock in your application process. Though it is not a deal-breaker as Work experience (either through internships or full employment) is not a prerequisite in LSE or Warwick or ESSEC; however, some professional experience should be included in the application, as it may strengthen the application. So, I’d suggest that you should try to do an internship in a finance-related field before you apply for any of your target schools.

You have some good extra-curriculars from Heading a Partnerships division at your university's student life association to obtaining several sponsorships for your events with renowned companies to showcase in your profile. Hence this would help you get an edge over the other applicants in the race.

Overall, I would suggest you take the CFA exam as they are highly valued by B-schools for MSc Finance and also they are good for showcasing your interest in the finance sector to the Adcoms.
Also, Below I’ve shortlisted a list of 6-7 schools which can be divided into Dream, Competitive and Safe categories depending upon your profile:
Dream: London School of Economics, London Business School, HEC Paris
Competitive: ESSEC, ESADE, CASS,
Safe: Warwick, Bocconi, SKEMA

I would suggest you to try of free profile evaluation tool and get an in-depth analysis of your profile :
https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation - Imperial/LSE/Cass (...) MSc Finance   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2020, 22:08

Profile Evaluation - Imperial/LSE/Cass (...) MSc Finance

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carcass, Mo2men