GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Jan 2020, 22:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation - MiF 2020 intake deadlines approaching

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation - MiF 2020 intake deadlines approaching  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 04:58
Hey!
My 2020 MSc deadlines are approaching and I want to know what my chances are for admission possibilities and what you think I should do in my situation.

I want to apply for programmes in MiF or/and Accounting & Finance and my situation is not ideal to delay my application for one year. Therefore I am trying to do as good as I can with my current profile and aiming at as high as possible. Here are my profile and my current situation:

Education:
Bachelors with major in Corporate Finance from a Swedish top 3 school. However, I transferred to this uni after finishing my first year from a less-known school.
CGPA: 60% pass with distinction (Grade scale in Sweden) - lousy grade in some relevant courses due to my part-time work.
Summer School: at LSE in two quantitative courses - will be part of my elective course semester.
Have taken extra courses during my studies in more quantitative fields such as Econometrics, Derivatives & Securities etc.
LoR: From a professor in an advanced-level course in Modern Portfolio Theory - got a 90 percentile score on the exam.
GMAT: None

Work Experience – all in which happened after my transfer to the better-known university.
Private Wealth Management, Summer internship & Part-time work for Swedens top bank
Part-time researcher at a quantitative hedge fund (Startup phase). Learned sufficient software skills such as Python and VBA (pushing on this in my SoP as well as how to integrate this with academic research)
Investment banking internship in January 2020 for Swedens top bank - taking my BSc degree this Christmas.
Capital Markets Summer internship for an Investment Banking (well-known brand) in London in Summer 2020 – right before MSc starts

Extracurricular:
Leader and Student Analyst for the finance club in my uni.
- Achievement: Established an alliance with a quantitative hedge fund which gave part-time work for 12 students at uni. (pushing on this in my Sop)
Volunteering in an NPO helping orphan children in Europe - I am responsible for the communication with associations and institutions (pushing on this in the SoP inline with the fact that I am adopted/ was orphan as well)

I know I haven't done the GMAT, but since I am joining the investment banking internship in January 2020, I won't have time to take the GMAT before application deadlines to the schools I consider. So after doing my own research, I have tried to find those schools that don't require a GMAT, and the schools I found of interest is: Cass/Imperial/Warwick/CBS and SSE (no GMAT for Swedish undergrads).

So the question could be divided into two pars:
1. How do you think my chances are for the schools mentioned above without GMAT?
- I am especially targeting SSE MSc in A&F or MSc in Finance, but since MSC.F is highly ranked it feels like a long-shot due to my CGPA.
2. Any other schools that you think I stand any chance and I can add to the list?
- Top tier: LSE/HEC...etc... feels far-reached.

Feel free to leave any other comment as well.

Do you guys think I have a shot?
Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
Profile Evaluation - MiF 2020 intake deadlines approaching   [#permalink] 11 Dec 2019, 04:58

Profile Evaluation - MiF 2020 intake deadlines approaching

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carcass, Mo2men