GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 11:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation - MiM HEC, LBS, Imperial?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation - MiM HEC, LBS, Imperial?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 02:12
Hi!

Could You please evaluate my profile for MiM?

Nationality: Polish

GPA - 4.81/5
GMAT - first mock attempt - 650 (without preparing). I think that 700 is doable.
Graduating in 2020

Work experience
3 years part-time as a project manager in a social enterprise. We created a programme in which high-school students (over 50 000 students took part in it) learn (for free) skills necessary on the labour market (management, leadership). I am responsible for cooperation with global companies funding us. Our enterprise was awarded by Forbes 30 under 30 and MIT Technology Review.

Extra-curricular and hobbies:
1. I have done my own social action project - I organized training courses in first aid in several dozen primary schools. Altogether, our project reached over 1000 children.
2. Research assistant at my uni. I do research on depression using EEG. And I can analyze data in Python, MATLAB and R.
3. I travel around the world - last year I was living with a "random" family in Cambodia and helped them with everyday activities.

Awards & Scholarships:
1. The title of Very Important Student in 2 categories: Social Actions and Science at my Uni
2. Chancellor's Scholarship for the best 5% of students
3. Award for the best social action project in Poland in 2 categories: Education and Public Event.
4. One of the best 8 volunteers in Poland in a contest organised by an association of volunteers. (in high-school)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation - MiM HEC, LBS, Imperial?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 23:45
Hey there,

You have a pretty good profile.
GPA looks good, concentrate on maintaining the same level till your final semester.
You have some solid quantifiable achievements, so make sure that you are highlighting them properly in your application.
Your ethnicity might help too, as schools are looking to include students from diverse cohorts into their program.

That being said, here are a few things that you need to take care of:

You have mentioned that you have travelled around the world. While schools value international experience, they are looking for very concrete examples rather than only experiences. So dig deep into your travel experiences abroad and try to come up with such examples.
Your work experience looks pretty good, it seems that you have worked throughout your college. If you take up at least one full-time internship before you submit your application, it will be the icing on the cake.

If you achieve your target score of 700+ in GMAT, I would say that your profile is pretty realizable for the top 7 MiM Programs.

In case you want an even deeper insight into your profile strengths and weaknesses, you can take this free profile evaluation test here: http://info.mim-essay.com/forums-pe

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today
Director
Director
V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Re: Profile Evaluation - MiM HEC, LBS, Imperial?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 02:14
arilub wrote:
Hi!

Could You please evaluate my profile for MiM?

Nationality: Polish

GPA - 4.81/5
GMAT - first mock attempt - 650 (without preparing). I think that 700 is doable.
Graduating in 2020

Work experience
3 years part-time as a project manager in a social enterprise. We created a programme in which high-school students (over 50 000 students took part in it) learn (for free) skills necessary on the labour market (management, leadership). I am responsible for cooperation with global companies funding us. Our enterprise was awarded by Forbes 30 under 30 and MIT Technology Review.

Extra-curricular and hobbies:
1. I have done my own social action project - I organized training courses in first aid in several dozen primary schools. Altogether, our project reached over 1000 children.
2. Research assistant at my uni. I do research on depression using EEG. And I can analyze data in Python, MATLAB and R.
3. I travel around the world - last year I was living with a "random" family in Cambodia and helped them with everyday activities.

Awards & Scholarships:
1. The title of Very Important Student in 2 categories: Social Actions and Science at my Uni
2. Chancellor's Scholarship for the best 5% of students
3. Award for the best social action project in Poland in 2 categories: Education and Public Event.
4. One of the best 8 volunteers in Poland in a contest organised by an association of volunteers. (in high-school)

Hi,

You have a very good profile with great GPA as well as extra-curricular activities. If you crack GMAT with 650+ score you can apply to any of the schools and you will have fair chances to get merit scholarship also.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation - MiM HEC, LBS, Imperial?   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2019, 02:14

Profile Evaluation - MiM HEC, LBS, Imperial?

new topic post reply Update application status