Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I'm sorry to hear about this outcome! As you are aware, though, these are the most selective programs.

It sounds to me that your career story and perhaps lack of strong professional leadership (given that you've been on the job less than 3 years), along with the lack of post-college extracurricular/community leadership activities were your biggest gaps.

If I understand correctly, you're not currently in the auto industry and have never worked in it. Same with marketing. But you wrote your career story about the intersection of these two areas. It's great that you're passionate about that and have a very clear understanding of what you want to do, but like I said, the story doesn't make sense with your professional and personal past. You need to make the story logical and believable.

Some things you could do: switch into the one of these areas before reapplying -- start working as an IT consultant in the auto industry, perhaps or something like that. Or, shift to marketing consulting if at all possible. Basically, show that you are taking concrete steps toward your desired career path. I'd also bulk up on extracurricular/community leadership experience - join non profit board, etc. If you do decide to stay in your current role, definitely take on more leadership responsibility, but then probably you would need to alter your career story to make more sense with your past/current experience.

I don't know that reapplying to those same programs so soon would do you any good, unless you really shift your career story and do have some meaningful impact in extracurricular/community activities in the meantime. I'd say that in your case another 1-3 years of work experience would be ideal - ideally something closer to what you want to do if possible.

Hope that helps!
Mili

Mili Mittal
Senior Consultant
https://www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (16 individual school titles)

Download [url=https:// https://info.mbamission.com/MBA-Personal-Statement-Guide/]mbaMission’s Free Personal Statement Guide[/url]

Visit the mbaMission Blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter
Moderator:
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
1452 posts