GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 04:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.1
Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2017, 11:21
Hi Guys,

Kindly review my profile and suggest the target colleges for "One Year Full Time MBA" program in Singapore, Europe, USA, Canada or India.

1) I will have ~11 years of experience in 2018, with total experience in leading semiconductor companies (top 5) in the capacity of R&D Project Leader (leading small teams of 6-8 engineers). Received 2-3 spot/PAT awards. No international experience, however had worked closely with international teams.
2) Completed Part-Time MBA from IIM Lucknow, India in 2015 with a CGPA of 7.2/10 (2013-2015).
3) Published 2 papers during my part-time MBA, 1st on Business Strategy in a CII conference and 2nd is a project work on Digital Marketing which has been included as a case study in a textbook by IIM Lucknow Prof, published by Oxford University Press.
4) Average academic records: Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communications (71%), XII (66%), X(73%).
5) Extracurricular: [a] Volunteered for fundraising in school (class 7/8) for HelpAge India and Cancer Aid Society. [b] Active participation in sports tournaments in school and college. [c] Organised Tech-fest in college [d] Editor of college magazine etc.. However, i don't have proofs/certificates for most of these initiatives.
6) Planning to take GMAT in July 2017.

Reason of doing a 2nd MBA:
- Seeking accelerated career growth in Product Management or Management Consulting role.
- Global exposure.

Also, pls suggest if my part-time MBA from IIM Lucknow can be detrimental in my candidature? Can I leverage on it or Adcom will grill me ?

Thanks & regards,

Yash
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2017, 14:01
Hi, and thanks for writing! Aside from the fact that you already have a part-time MBA, 11 years of experience is considered quite long for a full-time MBA candidate. You'd have to make a very strong case for not only why you need an additional MBA but also, why NOW is the right point in your career for it, which likely will be quite challenging. For the US programs, generally 4-7 years of experience is the norm, and candidates with more than that usually have a better chance at the PT or Executive MBA. Some programs outside of the US MIGHT be a bit more open to applicants with more experience but again, you'd have to make a strong case for why you're seeking an FT MBA at this point, and how the global exposure will help accelerate your career.

I hope this helps - if you'd like to have a more in-depth discussion on your profile, I suggest signing up for a free consultation w/mbaMission here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions

Thanks! :)

yashukla wrote:
Hi Guys,

Kindly review my profile and suggest the target colleges for "One Year Full Time MBA" program in Singapore, Europe, USA, Canada or India.

1) I will have ~11 years of experience in 2018, with total experience in leading semiconductor companies (top 5) in the capacity of R&D Project Leader (leading small teams of 6-8 engineers). Received 2-3 spot/PAT awards. No international experience, however had worked closely with international teams.
2) Completed Part-Time MBA from IIM Lucknow, India in 2015 with a CGPA of 7.2/10 (2013-2015).
3) Published 2 papers during my part-time MBA, 1st on Business Strategy in a CII conference and 2nd is a project work on Digital Marketing which has been included as a case study in a textbook by IIM Lucknow Prof, published by Oxford University Press.
4) Average academic records: Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communications (71%), XII (66%), X(73%).
5) Extracurricular: [a] Volunteered for fundraising in school (class 7/8) for HelpAge India and Cancer Aid Society. [b] Active participation in sports tournaments in school and college. [c] Organised Tech-fest in college [d] Editor of college magazine etc.. However, i don't have proofs/certificates for most of these initiatives.
6) Planning to take GMAT in July 2017.

Reason of doing a 2nd MBA:
- Seeking accelerated career growth in Product Management or Management Consulting role.
- Global exposure.

Also, pls suggest if my part-time MBA from IIM Lucknow can be detrimental in my candidature? Can I leverage on it or Adcom will grill me ?

Thanks & regards,

Yash

Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap