Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 10:58 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 2.95
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Coaching
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey jjyoon36,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

To begin with, 750 is a stellar score. Your GPA is also aligned to your scores, moreover, going out of the way and opting for Spanish would also add value to your application. (You can defend the GPA with Spanish grades).

During your 5+ years of work tenure, I see a few shifts in your profile. Shifts at frequent intervals often build up questions about instability. You would have to adequately defend these shifts to the AdComs. Your work in a wealth management support role as an asset manager, I would like to know your career trajectory, specific roles and responsibilities and any additional work accomplishments to establish yourself as an hardworking individual with leadership qualities. Also,any global exposure would give your profile a boost.

The diversity that ECs bring is crucial in bolstering your application. Ad coms look for multi-linear candidates, therefore you should be able to explain how you have acted on your passions, values, hobbies, and convictions in addition to outlining your successes in an academic or professional setting. Your association with social activities (Teaching underprivileged kids) demonstrates your responsibilities towards society. It is important to convey your stories to the AdComs in the best way possible.
Your Post MBA goals make sense and are well categorized into short and long term. Based on your region preference after MBA, you should target top-schools in US. Consider reading an article on how to frame practical post MBA goals essay, You will get some insights!

Overall you have a robust profile and stand a good chance at Columbia and other top B-schools. If properly worked upon, your profile stands a high chance of acceptance. We have helped an applicant to get into Columbia with Scholarship.

Hence, If you'd like, we are happy to connect you with our Profile Experts (who are alums and students of top B-Schools) who will discuss your profile at length in a 30-45 minutes call and provide you with feedback based on your aspirations and goals. Feel free to schedule a call with us here for in-depth profile evaluation (and some networking on the side!)

Let's discuss how to write admit winning essays for MBA applications

No one knows the application process better than the individuals who have gone through it. We match you with alumni from your desired business school. Meet our Panel of Consultants.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources

jjyoon36 wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to review my profile. I will be applying in R2 and am targeting the following schools: Columbia (my dream school and number one choice), Dartmouth Tuck, Duke Fuqua, UVA Darden, UNC KF, and Cornell Johnson.

I was born in Korea, but am a naturalized citizen (M). I moved to the US when I was 8 years old, and am a first generation college graduate.

I graduated with a degree in Political science from a top ranked state school back in 2017, and will have about 5.5 years of work experience going into school.

My cumulative GPA from my undergraduate years will be about a 3.15. I have great grades in math/business related courses however struggled immensely in high level Spanish courses as I decided to minor in Spanish as a non-native speaker. Unfortunately, this did impact my GPA quite negatively.

My GMAT score is 750 with a 48Q/45V, and thought that the Quant score would be important to highlight as I know my major was not mathematically intensive.

I worked in a wealth management support role for about a year at a large asset manager, then in private banking for a bulge bracket bank (JPM, GS). I'm now currently working in an operations role at a fintech company.

My volunteering experience is focused around Junior Achievement where I taught underprivileged kids in both in person classrooms as well in virtual sessions. The alternate curriculum was focused on the importance of money and financial literacy which is something I am passionate about.

My short term is to work in consulting, and more specifically focused on the financial services sector. My ideal post MBA city is New York.

Long term would like to work in an operator capacity for a fintech company (either as founder, or in c-suite) focused on bridging the knowledge gap around investing, and making long term investment vehicles more widely available and known around the world.

I would love to hear if the schools that I am targeting are realistic based on my academic and professional profile. Thank you!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]