GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 12:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Review - Indian, 25M

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Review - Indian, 25M  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 14:59
Hi team,

Thanks for taking out the time to review my profile. Have shared some details below:

Indian, 25, Male

· Education: Top 10 Non-IIT Engineering College in India. GPA: 7.5/10. Amongst the top 30 percentile. High grades in school throughout.

· GMAT: 750 Q51 V39

· Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
MBB Back office analyst for 3+ years (Would be 4 by the time of matriculating) : Amongst the top performers - accelerated promotion, team management exposure and a couple of international projects. Focus has been Digital/Tech for majority of the engagements

With the current market scenario - a move seems highly unlikely. Do you feel an highly impactful story at a Consulting Back office could make the cut for a Top MBA?

· Extracurricular activities:
Student Council Secretary in University - High impact initiatives
Lead Coordinator for multiple cultural events - Leading 50+ people and managing various aspects of the event
External Consultant to a Community Health NGO - Managed fundraising, vendor management and corporate communication. Not on the Board or Trustees as the NGO is 20 years old, but with a small team of 15 people.

· Post-MBA goals: Strategy roles in Tech startups - Mostly in Fintech or Cons-tech

· Target schools: Kellogg, Wharton, Columbia, Sloan, Haas, INSEAD, Booth, Ross, Fuqua

Thanks in advance!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B
Re: Profile Review - Indian, 25M  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 08:46
Hi wazza1122,

As you know the competition from Indian applicants in the "top MBA" application pool can be really tough. I see multiple promising things in your profile-- a great GMAT, employment at an MBB (albeit in the back office), good academics at a good engineering school (though non IIT), and international work experience (I think - were the clients international or did you actually work abroad). I also see some evidence of good leadership in extracurriculars, though I'm not sure whether those are all in college or some are happening now. One thing to watch is that you are quite young, and most male applicants at top MBA programs have a little more experience (5+ at matriculation), so you might consider waiting another year or two and upping your leadership at work to take on high profile/high impact assignments and add strong extracurricular experience as well if possible. Whenever you apply, I advise you make a list of reach, target and safety schools. I'd put M7 in the reach category and 5 of the schools on your list fall into this category, so look to build your list more if possible, especially if you apply in the upcoming cycle --and apply in R1 so you can see where you stand but have time to add names in R2 if needed. Best of luck!

Julie-Anne Heafey
Senior Consultant
mbaMission
Intern
Intern
S

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 09:51
Your overall profile is really good especially your GMAT score. Your GPA is also decent enough considering it is in top 30 percentile and you do have good extra curricular and work experience. Your target schools are all on almost higher side. But considering your profile you do have a chance in them.
Just properly work out on your essay and short and long term goals and you'll be good to go.

Awarding kudos never hurt.
Manager
Manager
G
GPA: 3.3
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 04:12
wazza1122 wrote:
Hi team,

Thanks for taking out the time to review my profile. Have shared some details below:

Indian, 25, Male

· Education: Top 10 Non-IIT Engineering College in India. GPA: 7.5/10. Amongst the top 30 percentile. High grades in school throughout.

· GMAT: 750 Q51 V39

· Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
MBB Back office analyst for 3+ years (Would be 4 by the time of matriculating) : Amongst the top performers - accelerated promotion, team management exposure and a couple of international projects. Focus has been Digital/Tech for majority of the engagements

With the current market scenario - a move seems highly unlikely. Do you feel an highly impactful story at a Consulting Back office could make the cut for a Top MBA?

· Extracurricular activities:
Student Council Secretary in University - High impact initiatives
Lead Coordinator for multiple cultural events - Leading 50+ people and managing various aspects of the event
External Consultant to a Community Health NGO - Managed fundraising, vendor management and corporate communication. Not on the Board or Trustees as the NGO is 20 years old, but with a small team of 15 people.

· Post-MBA goals: Strategy roles in Tech startups - Mostly in Fintech or Cons-tech

· Target schools: Kellogg, Wharton, Columbia, Sloan, Haas, INSEAD, Booth, Ross, Fuqua

Thanks in advance!

Your profile is really outstanding , and I believe you will get admission in your mentioned universities.

Best of luck.

Profile Review - Indian, 25M

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate