It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 04:58

TODAY:

MIT Sloan Releasing 1st Wave of Interview Invites - Join GMATClub CHAT for Live Updates

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

proofread my essay, plz

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
proofread my essay, plz [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2018, 03:35
Howdy,
I hope someone here can take a look what I wrote. I am not quite sure whether I answered the question completely and whether everything sticks together. Thanks
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Describe three goals that you have set for yourself

Although I am well aware of the motivation that goal-setting awakens in an individual, it has never been my habit to set any goal for myself. I did set some long-term goals when I was still single. Unfortunately, I have not totally accomplished any of them yet. I did help a couple of clients create their business plans, which, to some extent, offer an understanding of how the business is intended to be driven to reach specific goals. I do understand that it should follow the SMART guidelines (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely). However, there are times when the long-term goals that I have set years ago, which to my understanding respond to these goal-setting criteria, just have to have a different timeline. That happens when priorities change when unforeseen events happen, such as when you start to help build a family.

There is always an end to everything -- even to the goals that I penned when I was years younger. Wonder what these goals are? The first was finishing graduate school. It was unfortunate that when I was about to start with my Master’s thesis my adviser had to leave to study abroad and no one else can take the post she left. Even if I had already defended my thesis title.

I was given a second chance. A couple of years ago, members of the church our family is attending opened a master’s course on Biblical studies. After almost a year attending the course, the coordinators from the school just decided to cease conducting sessions. Hence, my plan to finish an alternate course did not materialize.

The second on my list was to write a book under my name. Since 2008, I had been providing writing services to clients online, including e-book writing, but all them were written for my clients. I have put up several blogs before, but they do not count to what I planned.

The third is to master a couple of musical instruments. I play the guitar and the keyboard, but I have never really mastered playing either of these instruments. I’m still using finger movements up to now.

With so much to do and so little time, there seems not enough for all the things I have planned. I prioritized helping my parents and my husband and my son instead of building a career for myself.

Nonetheless, I will never lose hope. After all, that’s why the word exists.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, and I did use a tool from here and here but will have to learn how not to question my writing. I am in the process of it -- still am not getting anywhere.
VP
VP
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: proofread my essay, plz [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 08:06
glorius wrote:
Howdy,
I hope someone here can take a look what I wrote. I am not quite sure whether I answered the question completely and whether everything sticks together. Thanks

Describe three goals that you have set for yourself

Although I am well aware of the motivation that goal-setting awakens in an individual, it has never been my habit to set any goal for myself. I did set some long-term goals when I was still single. Unfortunately, I have not totally accomplished any of them yet. I did help a couple of clients create their business plans, which, to some extent, offer an understanding of how the business is intended to be driven to reach specific goals. I do understand that it should follow the SMART guidelines (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely). However, there are times when the long-term goals that I have set years ago, which to my understanding respond to these goal-setting criteria, just have to have a different timeline. That happens when priorities change when unforeseen events happen, such as when you start to help build a family.

There is always an end to everything -- even to the goals that I penned when I was years younger. Wonder what these goals are? The first was finishing graduate school. It was unfortunate that when I was about to start with my Master’s thesis my adviser had to leave to study abroad and no one else can take the post she left. Even if I had already defended my thesis title.

I was given a second chance. A couple of years ago, members of the church our family is attending opened a master’s course on Biblical studies. After almost a year attending the course, the coordinators from the school just decided to cease conducting sessions. Hence, my plan to finish an alternate course did not materialize.

The second on my list was to write a book under my name. Since 2008, I had been providing writing services to clients online, including e-book writing, but all them were written for my clients. I have put up several blogs before, but they do not count to what I planned.

The third is to master a couple of musical instruments. I play the guitar and the keyboard, but I have never really mastered playing either of these instruments. I’m still using finger movements up to now.

With so much to do and so little time, there seems not enough for all the things I have planned. I prioritized helping my parents and my husband and my son instead of building a career for myself.

Nonetheless, I will never lose hope. After all, that’s why the word exists.

Oh, and I did use a tool from here and here but will have to learn how not to question my writing. I am in the process of it -- still am not getting anywhere.

Just a quick note: Goals 2 & 3 ae too abstract. You need to talk a bit more.
Re: proofread my essay, plz   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2018, 08:06

proofread my essay, plz

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: carcass, subhashghosh

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap