Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Pursuing MBA after my Bachelor's in Engineering? [#permalink]
I was hoping to do it from abroad as people tell me that doing an MBA from abroad is more beneficial.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Don’t blindly follow what other people are telling you. An MBA from a reputed college in India will hold more value than an average college in abroad. If you want to do an MBA just to study abroad for the experience I would suggest that you go for a masters program instead.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No it’s just that I have heard that their teaching methods are so different…you are expected to explore and ask a whole lot of questions. And you have to do a lot of research, go out into the field and learn from experiences. More of practical knowledge rather than just theoretical knowledge.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
well If you are sure you want to study abroad then you might look at the countries in the Asia Pacific reason. There might be colleges here which offer an MBA program without work ex. Their Masters programs are pretty strong too and you don’t require work 3 years of work experience for that!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So even the Masters program offer placement opportunities? Are job prospects better internationally?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
An international program is beneficial for those who wish to work in multi-national/ global companies and handle diverse clients as well as work with team members from other countries and cultures. There are diverse and challenging opportunities available in global companies however at the end of the day, it is all about how one is able to leverage these opportunities optimally. Please look at how the graduates perform over a period of 5-10 years for a better understanding of the credibility of your chosen school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Could someone suggest some good colleges which offer a masters program in management?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have listed some of the colleges I feel are good and reputable in these countries but I suggest you also do your own research. Nanyang, SP Jain School of Global Management and UCLA in Singapore. You could also check out Hult International Business School in Dubai. If you are interested in Australia take a look at University of Newcastle, University of Melbourne and University of Queensland
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thank you so much, i appreciate it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Real Estate
GRE 1: Q169 V162
Send PM
I feel like your first question should be what do you want to do after you graduate (either from your bachelors, masters, or whatever...)? If you intend on working in engineering, an MBA might not put you at an advantage since you'll be around 2 years removed from your engineering roots. Also, if your intended field is engineering, does your particular discipline need a masters? If so, what kind?

For example, in California, if you want to find a job as a structural engineer, a masters in structural engineering is essentially a requirement and an MBA will likely to do little for you as an entry level engineer. Just throwing this out there.

Shehryaar971 wrote:
Hello all, I just found this website and wanted some advice regarding the MBA program. I'm currently a year away from my degree completion in Chemical Engineering and was looking ahead for Master's. The university has the CWA (Cumulative Weighted Average, basically something like an overall percentage) so I am not sure how it would be converted to a GPA score,

First, is it really important to get work experience before going for Master's? There are some universities which do not require it but it has been a stalemate since some people have said yes and no (none of them have MBAs themselves though).

Second, are there financial aids available for those who don't have much in their banks? As far as I was told, Germany is offering free education but the most popular universities there do have tuition fees mentioned.

And finally, is it wise to pursue the MBA given that so many people are doing it? (I'm from Pakistan and most of the students head to the Business category).

I hope I can get some help here. I really lack people with information so I am sorry if these seem a tad bit basic.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot