GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2019, 23:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

PythaGURUS Consulting: Changing/Quitting jobs before deadlines

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
G
PythaGURUS Consulting: Changing/Quitting jobs before deadlines  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 01 May 2019, 06:49
Dear Applicants,

A lot of you ask me- SHOULD I QUIT MY JOB To Prepare for GMAT or to work on your Applications!

Imagine - Everything is going fine, you are about to marry the girl, the dates have been decided, and suddenly you mention- HEY- I am thinking of quitting my job :) . Your future with the girl may not get impacted but you will definitely have everyone's attention for sometime.

Last year, one of my applicants quit his job in October( right after the Application submission). He did not even mention it to me till November. A week before his interview, he asked me - "Do I have to update my resume as my latest designation has TILL DATE on the resume?" . That was the time I panicked. Well ! Yes! We did change the date to - TILL October. Technically, he walked into three interviews without a JOB. Two of the interviewers were really chatty ( it was their job :) ) .

SIR- A Strong recommendation- DO NOT QUIT Your job! If you walk into an interview room with a PAST TENSE for the last designation, a lot of people tend to Fixate on your career switch. It is like- You are really handsome but have a Big MOLE on your face. People who are nice would ignore talking about it, but would keep thinking in their mind and make stories. People who are straightforward will get to the point and will ask - HEY! Why did you quit? What happened ?

Don't do this! Wait for your last interview to get over Buddy.
http://www.pythagurus.in

Originally posted by pytha1gurus on 22 Mar 2019, 05:38.
Last edited by pytha1gurus on 01 May 2019, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: PythaGURUS Consulting: Changing/Quitting jobs before deadlines  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2019, 06:32
Hi pytha1gurus,

Thanks for the analysis and description on quitting job just before applying to an MBA.
What are your suggestions on switching the job before MBA application? For example, if I have a lucrative offer from a great brand in the month of April and I wish to apply to a b-school in India in R1 the same year, should I take that offer to switch or should I stick to my current organization?
The switch would give me a high salary and a good bonus which will help me in paying my MBA fees the next year..
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: PythaGURUS Consulting: Changing/Quitting jobs before deadlines  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2019, 07:07
Hi pytha1gurus,

Thanks for the analysis and description on quitting job just before applying to an MBA.
What are your suggestions on switching the job before MBA application? For example, if I have a lucrative offer from a great brand in the month of April and I wish to apply to a b-school in India in R1 the same year, should I take that offer to switch or should I stick to my current organization?
The switch would give me a high salary and a good bonus which will help me in paying my MBA fees the next year..
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 00:52
Hi Equalizer,

Thank you for asking. If you are getting a job that is more fulfilling, $$ and a decent jump in your accountabilities, go for it. You will have completed 6 months by the time you submit your applications. The point is that if this a well thought decision, it is important for you to have rocking present rather than relegating your growth to a future timeline. Future can wait to happen when it is time for it to happen.

I recommend not to switch jobs when I know people are randomly jumping from one state of chaos to another one just because they were bored. In those situations, I ask them to hold on to their boredom for another 6 to 8 months. Anyone who is significantly grading up- Go for it.

Have a fantastic day

Jatin
http://www.pythagurus.in
GMAT Club Bot
Re: PythaGURUS Consulting: Changing/Quitting jobs before deadlines   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2019, 00:52

PythaGURUS Consulting: Changing/Quitting jobs before deadlines

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Hatakekakashi