It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 15:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

QOTD: A new test for AIDS has proved

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Kudos [?]: 17007 [0], given: 1962

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
QOTD: A new test for AIDS has proved [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 09:55
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

95% (hard)

Question Stats:

29% (00:55) correct 71% (01:00) wrong based on 809 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Verbal Question of The Day: Day 13: Sentence Correction

Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS
For All QOTD Questions Click Here

A new test for AIDS has proved helpful in eliminating blood, contaminated with the virus, from the nation's blood supply.

(A) in eliminating blood, contaminated with the virus, from the nation's blood supply
(B) in eliminating blood from the nation's blood supply that is contaminated with the virus
(C) in eliminating from the nation's blood supply blood that is contaminated with the virus
(D) to eliminate blood that is contaminated with the virus from the nation's blood supply
(E) to eliminate blood from the nation's blood supply that is contaminated with the virus

Every question of the day will be followed by an expert reply by GMATNinja in 12-15 hours. Stay tuned! Post your answers and explanations to earn kudos.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 17007 [0], given: 1962

1 KUDOS received
Chat Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 85 [1], given: 139

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: QOTD: A new test for AIDS has proved [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 10:59
This post received
KUDOS
To shows purpose. It proved helpful in eliminating something. So intention was not to eliminate.

Based on that - D and E can be eliminated.

Non-restrictive modifier in A changes the meaning of the sentence.

Blood that is contaminated and not nation's blood supply.

That refers to incorrect subject in B.

So Option C

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 85 [1], given: 139

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 18

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 11:23
Answer Choice B "...to eliminate" is wrong, so D and E are both out. B is clear and concise.

Last edited by emockus on 17 May 2017, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 18

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 72

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 11:53
souvik101990 wrote:

A new test for AIDS has proved helpful in eliminating blood, contaminated with the virus, from the nation's blood supply.

(A) in eliminating blood, contaminated with the virus, from the nation's blood supply
(B) in eliminating blood from the nation's blood supply that is contaminated with the virus
(C) in eliminating from the nation's blood supply blood that is contaminated with the virus
(D) to eliminate blood that is contaminated with the virus from the nation's blood supply
(E) to eliminate blood from the nation's blood supply that is contaminated with the virus

Every question of the day will be followed by an expert reply by GMATNinja in 12-15 hours. Stay tuned! Post your answers and explanations to earn kudos.

B,C,E is out because of misplace modifier.
In A and D i choose D as to eliminate is preferred than in eliminating.

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 72

6 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 73 [6], given: 348

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 14:26
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
souvik101990 wrote:

My OA is C.

(A) in eliminating blood, contaminated with the virus, from the nation's blood supply----In option A "contaminated with the virus" is non essential modifier but when we see whole sentence then "contaminated with the virus" has to be essential modifier. Because statement conveys that test is helpful in eliminating contaminated blood not any blood.

(B) in eliminating blood from the nation's blood supply that is contaminated with the virus---"that" here modifies nation's blood supply. "Blood Supply" that is contaminated. It should be Blood that is contaminated.

(C) in eliminating from the nation's blood supply blood that is contaminated with the virus-- Correct. "Blood that is contaminated with virus" gives intended meaning.

(D) to eliminate blood that is contaminated with the virus from the nation's blood supply---virus from the nation's blood supply . Wrong

(E) to eliminate blood from the nation's blood supply that is contaminated with the virus---blood supply that is contaminated..wrong

Kudos [?]: 73 [6], given: 348

VP
VP
G

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 533

Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V36
GRE 1: 314 Q157 V157
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 00:34
Hi,
I chose B , but on second reading of the option B revealed it is wrong option.
That in option B infers that the nation's blood supply was contaminated , that is not the intended meaning .
It was some blood that was contaminated which needs elimination from blood bank.
Option C removes this ambiguity as it clearly says blood that was contaminated.
Hope this helps

We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 533

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 55 [1], given: 59

Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 04:50
This post received
KUDOS

(A) in eliminating blood, contaminated with the virus, from the nation's blood supply (Same as D)
(B) in eliminating blood from the nation's blood supply that is contaminated with the virus (Blood is contaminated with virus not nation's blood supply)
(C) in eliminating from the nation's blood supply blood that is contaminated with the virus (Correct)
(D) to eliminate blood that is contaminated with the virus from the nation's blood supply (Misplaced modifier. It should have come near the verb eliminate)
(E) to eliminate blood from the nation's blood supply that is contaminated with the virus (Same as B)

Kudos please if you like my explanation!

Kindly hit kudos if my post helps!

Kudos [?]: 55 [1], given: 59

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 22

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 06:06

Proved helpful in
Seems the correct construction

D and e out

A b c

B incorrect modifier issue

A/c

Eliminating blood from nations supply
If we ignore the, bla bla,
Seems incorrect

Hence C

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 22

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 95

GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 07:37
The answer must be option C. My take on this one:

Meaning - A new test for AIDS has proved useful in eliminating blood that has been contaminated with virus from nation's blood supply. Kindly note that it is blood that has been eliminated from the supply.

Error analysis - eliminating blood , contaminating blood are used in a way that gives us an impression that the two are part of a list. This is not the case here.

POE -
a) Wrong for the reason stated above
b) This statement gives us an impression that nation's blood supply is contaminated with virus.That is not the intended meaning. The intended meaning is blood is contaminated and this blood is removed from the supply.
c) Correct choice
d) to intend is wrong here. To is used to denote intention
e) Same as option D

The answer must be option C

" The few , the fearless "

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 95

Expert Post
7 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 1582 [7], given: 400

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 10:10
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Seeing lots of good explanations here already! But also a little bit of disagreement.

Quote:

I don't see anything wrong here grammatically. Some test-takers like to skip ahead, eliminate anything with definite grammar errors, and then circle back to choices such as (A) that don't have any obvious mechanical errors -- and that's not a bad approach at all!

But whenever you get to (A), the problem is that the modifier tweaks the meaning of the sentence. It sounds like the test eliminates all blood from the nation's blood supply, and the modifier inside the commas ("contaminated with the virus") is presented as extra, non-essential information that just describes the blood. And that doesn't make sense: the test will be helpful in eliminating only the contaminated blood, not all of the blood. (A) is gone.

Quote:

This one has a much clearer modifier error. The phrase "that is contaminated with the virus" modifies the noun it "touches": "the nation's blood supply." And that doesn't make sense, either, since we can't really say that the entire blood supply is contaminated. Eliminate (B).

Quote:

Wow, this sounds like hot garbage. I used to manage a team of writers, and if any of them had written this, I would have wondered if they were drunk or something. I don't think anybody would ever actually say this sentence in real life. It sounds terrible.

But your ear is not your friend on the GMAT! The important thing is that I don't see any grammatical errors or any meaning errors. "That" jumps out at me, but it's used well here: the blood is contaminated with the virus, not the entire supply. I guess we'll have to keep this piece of hot garbage -- it's not wrong. And we're always looking for four wrong answers, not one right answer. Since it has no clear mistakes, let's keep (C).

Quote:

(D) doesn't make logical sense, either. Strictly and literally, the sentence seems to be saying that the virus came from the nation's blood supply. That doesn't work. Eliminate (D).

Quote:

Same error as (B): the phrase beginning with "that" modifies the nation's blood supply, and that doesn't make sense. (E) is gone, too.

So (C) wins. In "real life", it's a lousy sentence, in my opinion. But the GMAT doesn't care: the other four answer choices have clear meaning errors, so we're stuck with crappy answer choice (C).

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor at www.gmatninja.com | GMAT blog |food blog | Friendly warning: I'm really bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order

YouTube verbal webinars:
"Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT | Parallelism and meaning

Kudos [?]: 1582 [7], given: 400

Chat Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 139

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 11:03
GMATNinja wrote:
Seeing lots of good explanations here already! But also a little bit of disagreement.

Quote:

I don't see anything wrong here grammatically. Some test-takers like to skip ahead, eliminate anything with definite grammar errors, and then circle back to choices such as (A) that don't have any obvious mechanical errors -- and that's not a bad approach at all!

But whenever you get to (A), the problem is that the modifier tweaks the meaning of the sentence. It sounds like the test eliminates all blood from the nation's blood supply, and the modifier inside the commas ("contaminated with the virus") is presented as extra, non-essential information that just describes the blood. And that doesn't make sense: the test will be helpful in eliminating only the contaminated blood, not all of the blood. (A) is gone.

Quote:

This one has a much clearer modifier error. The phrase "that is contaminated with the virus" modifies the noun it "touches": "the nation's blood supply." And that doesn't make sense, either, since we can't really say that the entire blood supply is contaminated. Eliminate (B).

Quote:

Wow, this sounds like hot garbage. I used to manage a team of writers, and if any of them had written this, I would have wondered if they were drunk or something. I don't think anybody would ever actually say this sentence in real life. It sounds terrible.

But your ear is not your friend on the GMAT! The important thing is that I don't see any grammatical errors or any meaning errors. "That" jumps out at me, but it's used well here: the blood is contaminated with the virus, not the entire supply. I guess we'll have to keep this piece of hot garbage -- it's not wrong. And we're always looking for four wrong answers, not one right answer. Since it has no clear mistakes, let's keep (C).

Quote:

(D) doesn't make logical sense, either. Strictly and literally, the sentence seems to be saying that the virus came from the nation's blood supply. That doesn't work. Eliminate (D).

Quote:

Same error as (B): the phrase beginning with "that" modifies the nation's blood supply, and that doesn't make sense. (E) is gone, too.

So (C) wins. In "real life", it's a lousy sentence, in my opinion. But the GMAT doesn't care: the other four answer choices have clear meaning errors, so we're stuck with crappy answer choice (C).

Thank you GMATNinja for the detailed solution.

I agree with the reasons listed for D and E.

I would like to draw your attention to the phrase - helpful in and helpful to.

If other errors corrected in D, can we use "helpful to" in this case? Since we don't know if the intention of creating the new test was to eliminate the virus?

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 1582 [2], given: 400

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 13:18
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
You know that I hate idioms, warriorguy! :lol:

I'm half-kidding. The lazy answer would be that "helpful to" is the incorrect idiom in this case, but that's not a very useful thing for me to say -- especially since "helped to" can be OK under different circumstances. To be honest, I'm struggling to find a way to explain the difference coherently, but I'll do my best.

Warning: the next two paragraphs really might not be useful at all -- and they definitely aren't important! :)

"Helpful in" would be used to indicate purpose. The basic structure of the idiom is "X is helpful in verb-ing Y." Example: "A well-designed plan is helpful in achieving any goal". ("Helpful for" would be fine here, too.)

But I think we only use "helpful to" in a funny passive structure like this one: "It is helpful to study with fellow GMAT Club members before taking the exam." Maybe somebody can correct me on this, but I think "helpful to" requires an "it is" type of construction. I don't think it makes sense to say "X is helpful to Y" or "X is helpful to accomplish Y" -- so the idiom in (D) and (E) are wrong.

(If those last two paragraphs didn't help, no problem. I wouldn't worry about those specific idioms. But this next part is a little bit more important...)

But here's the thing: whenever I'm unsure about an idiom, I try to avoid it entirely. Idioms are, by definition, arbitrary phrases that aren't based on generalizable rules -- and there are something like 40,000 idioms in the English language, depending on whom you ask. Sometimes, you'll know exactly which idioms are right and wrong, and that's great. But if you're not 100% sure, just see if you can find other definite, rule-based errors (as I did in my idiom-avoiding explanation above). A huge percentage of the time, you'll be able to completely dodge the idiom.

There's a little bit more on the topic of idioms in last Wednesday's verbal chat transcript: https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-chat- ... l#p1853539. If you find it useful, give Vyshak some kudos -- I'm impressed that he managed to compile the transcript while participating actively in the conversation!

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor at www.gmatninja.com | GMAT blog |food blog | Friendly warning: I'm really bad at PMs

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order

YouTube verbal webinars:
"Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT | Parallelism and meaning

Kudos [?]: 1582 [2], given: 400

Chat Moderator
G

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 20:48
GMATNinja wrote:

I'm half-kidding. The lazy answer would be that "helpful to" is the incorrect idiom in this case, but that's not a very useful thing for me to say -- especially since "helped to" can be OK under different circumstances. To be honest, I'm struggling to find a way to explain the difference coherently, but I'll do my best.

Warning: the next two paragraphs really might not be useful at all -- and they definitely aren't important! :)

"Helpful in" would be used to indicate purpose. The basic structure of the idiom is "X is helpful in verb-ing Y." Example: "A well-designed plan is helpful in achieving any goal". ("Helpful for" would be fine here, too.)

But I think we only use "helpful to" in a funny passive structure like this one: "It is helpful to study with fellow GMAT Club members before taking the exam." Maybe somebody can correct me on this, but I think "helpful to" requires an "it is" type of construction. I don't think it makes sense to say "X is helpful to Y" or "X is helpful to accomplish Y" -- so the idiom in (D) and (E) are wrong.

(If those last two paragraphs didn't help, no problem. I wouldn't worry about those specific idioms. But this next part is a little bit more important...)

But here's the thing: whenever I'm unsure about an idiom, I try to avoid it entirely. Idioms are, by definition, arbitrary phrases that aren't based on generalizable rules -- and there are something like 40,000 idioms in the English language, depending on whom you ask. Sometimes, you'll know exactly which idioms are right and wrong, and that's great. But if you're not 100% sure, just see if you can find other definite, rule-based errors (as I did in my idiom-avoiding explanation above). A huge percentage of the time, you'll be able to completely dodge the idiom.

There's a little bit more on the topic of idioms in last Wednesday's verbal chat transcript: https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-chat- ... l#p1853539. If you find it useful, give Vyshak some kudos -- I'm impressed that he managed to compile the transcript while participating actively in the conversation!

Thanks GMATNinja.

Just to confirm that I understood correctly, 'helpful to' is not used to indicate purpose? Because I think I read somewhere that to-infinitive is used to indicate purpose.

Also, regarding the second paragraph, if we are to avoid idioms in a sentence, can we assume that idioms won't be the only factor tested in any GMAT question? :oops: :oops:

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Kudos [?]: 1582 [1], given: 400

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2017, 15:26
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Quote:
Just to confirm that I understood correctly, 'helpful to' is not used to indicate purpose? Because I think I read somewhere that to-infinitive is used to indicate purpose.

"To" is used in hundreds of idioms, and it's also part of the infinitive form of all verbs ("to eat", "to be", etc.). So you definitely wouldn't want to overgeneralize and say that "to" always indicates purpose. And don't overthink "helpful to" -- it's very unlikely that you'll have to analyze that particular idiom on your exam. Just be aware that it seems to be correct only in the phrase "it is helpful to (verb)..."

Quote:
Also, regarding the second paragraph, if we are to avoid idioms in a sentence, can we assume that idioms won't be the only factor tested in any GMAT question?

I wouldn't go that far! Sure, plenty of GMAT SC answer choices contain multiple errors, and you can often avoid worrying about the idiom entirely. But that doesn't mean that you can ALWAYS avoid the idiom. Sometimes, the idiom really is a deciding factor. My point is that if you're not clear about the idiom, the best policy is to look hard for other errors -- and TRY to dodge the idiom if you can. It will work a lot of the time, including in this example. But it's not going to work all of the time -- just most of the time.

Need an expert reply?

YouTube verbal webinars:

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 106

GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.48
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2017, 03:25
GMATNinja wrote:

Thanks a lot, GMATNinja. That's exactly what I concern in this question. Actually, I did eliminate wrong choices without considering "helpful + in/to...". But of course, I find it useful to read your post regarding this issue.

Btw, with your experience, have you ever faced with a question that requires this "helpful..." consideration to solve? (I mean, a question that cannot be answered without considering this issue). If yes, then I am glad that you could point it out. This will help a lot. Thanks.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
G

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2017, 11:15
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Quote:
Btw, with your experience, have you ever faced with a question that requires this "helpful..." consideration to solve? (I mean, a question that cannot be answered without considering this issue). If yes, then I am glad that you could point it out. This will help a lot. Thanks.

Nope, I've never seen a case where you absolutely have to figure out which of these "helpful..." idioms is correct. I suppose that there's no reason why they couldn't test it explicitly, but they have thousands of idioms to choose from, and I have no real reason to think that this exact issue will make or break your GMAT score. So you can eliminate this from your list of worries! :)

Need an expert reply?

YouTube verbal webinars:

Manager
Manager
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2017, 19:58
GMATNinja wrote:
Quote:

Nope, I've never seen a case where you absolutely have to figure out which of these "helpful..." idioms is correct. I suppose that there's no reason why they couldn't test it explicitly, but they have thousands of idioms to choose from, and I have no real reason to think that this exact issue will make or break your GMAT score. So you can eliminate this from your list of worries! :)

Thank you, your response really helps calm me down :oops:
1 kudos to you

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 29

GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.01
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2017, 10:47
I think for OA C to be correct there must be a "," between blood supply and blood. It should look as mentioned below

in eliminating from the nation's blood supply, blood that is contaminated with the virus

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 29

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 72 [1], given: 106

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2017, 19:55
This post received
KUDOS
sriamlan wrote:
I think for OA C to be correct there must be a "," between blood supply and blood. It should look as mentioned below

in eliminating from the nation's blood supply, blood that is contaminated with the virus

Hi, IMHO I think if a comma is inserted the way you mention, then the meaning will be changed.

A new test for AIDS has proved helpful in eliminating from the nation's blood supply, blood that is contaminated with the virus.

Separated by a comma, the word "blood" seems to modify "nation's blood supply"; it means the WHOLE nation's blood supply is contaminated with the virus. This is not intended meaning of the sentence.

Option (C): ....eliminate from B A (it could be rewritten as eliminate A from B)
A: blood that is contaminated with the virus
B: the nation's blood supply
When you put a comma in the sentence: .... eliminate from B, A....
Then it looks like A is no longer what is eliminated, but B (A=B).
Also, we will have to put a big question mark before the comma - eliminate what?

Sir GMATNinja please guide us on this concern and correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you.

Kudos [?]: 72 [1], given: 106

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 59 [1], given: 49

Schools: Duke '20, Tepper '20
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2017, 04:21
This post received
KUDOS
Perfect example for what happens when an essential modifier is turned into an unessential modifier. :D , Removal of blood from blood banks. <Lots of laugh>

C is the best answer. though the construct is a bit different, gives perfect meaning helpful in is right not helpful to. :)

Kudos [?]: 59 [1], given: 49

Re: QOTD: A new test for AIDS has proved   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2017, 04:21

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 27 posts ] 

QOTD: A new test for AIDS has proved

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap