Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:52 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Queen's MBA/MiM Profile Evaluations: Post Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]
Hi all
Please evaluate my profile
Gmat score 660 .
Profile details are:
Gender-Female
Nationality-- Indian
Industry - IT
Work ex- 5 years
B.Tech. 71%
12th 89%
10th 92%

Extracurriculars:
Worked as a volunteer for NGO .
Was a part of college singing society. organized many competitions at college level

Post MBA Goals - Would like to work as a consultant
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Queen's MBA/MiM Profile Evaluations: Post Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]
Hi Quick question, is the MMA program at Queens full-time or only part-time?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
full time
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
RekkaVijayakumar wrote:
full time

It is actually part time. Coz you have classes on Thursday evening and Saturday whole day.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Queens'22 (A)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello GMAT Club,

I am a 24-year-old Canadian Permanent Resident. Sharing my profile below.

Education: Bachelor's in Arts (English Literature) from University of Delhi, India. - 71%
Work Experience: Two Years as a Marketing Strategist in a performance consulting organization. (Two promotions, Two awards)
ECA - President and Founder of 2 clubs in college, Founder of an NGO, State Level Handball Player, blogger, and an Avid Cyclist
GMAT - 600
Post-MBA goals - I wish to continue with Marketing and Brand Management but in the CPG/Retail space (Think program would help me transition into Canadian markets)
I just submitted my application.

While I wait for the school to revert, I wanted my profile evaluated.
Do you guys think I have a chance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Pakistani, male, 25 years.

GMAT - 600 (Q44, V28, IR 7)

Olevel - 7A*1A
Alevel - 4A*
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering - 3.50 CGPA - National University of Sciences and Technology. Graduated top 15% of the batch. This is the top ranked engineering school in Pakistan.
Active participation in student clubs and organizations, leading a couple of them and holding major positions in arranging key events.

Work Exp - 03 years (as of August 2020) in product management across 2 organizations and several product portfolios.
1st being Dawlance, a local leader in the consumer electronics industry. I was actively involved in several innovative products' launches and the introduction of an entire portfolio altogether. Collaborated with teams in Turkey, China and Pakistan.
The 2nd, and current, organization is samsung electronics. Currently working as a product manager for LED TVs for the country, having previously been the product manager of refrigerator and washing machine. Not a promotion per say, and more of a role change, but could be taken as one if one considers the appointment at the core division.

Social work:
Worked for StreetStore - a charity organization. Assisted them in fundraising and sat up a street store event where clothes were distributed among underprivileged families.

Worked as a writer for Humans of Pakistan for over an year - helping portray a positive image of the society.

Currently a Green Card holder for WWF - a donation membership that works towards improving atmosphere and the needy people associated with it. I'm part of the Air project, where projects are carried out to improve air quality.

Reasons for MBA - At my current career stage, and the path I've chosen, a management degree (read MBA) makes a lot of sense for further growth and career development, and learning - given that I come from a technical background. An MBA would add on to my current experience and better equip me to take on senior positions in strategy/consulting/management.

Post-MBA goals - Move into management consulting. Also open to staying in project management.

I understand that the GMAT score is extremely low so I'd appreciate your feedback on the profile and suggestions towards next steps, if I should go ahead with the application with any realistic chances or I'm better off improving my GMAT, and potentially take a one year gap.

Also, what would be alternate decent schools (UK/Canada)?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Background and nationality: Indian
Undergrad Information: BA Economics with 80%
GMAT: Preparing
Work experience and leadership: Experience -4 years as Human Resources personnel, 6 years entrepreneurial experience.
Looking for Masters in Management from top B schools.what would be the required GMAT score ans chances of admission.
Also suggest particular school for the same
Any other details required?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Hi all,
It'll be really helpful if you could evaluate my profile. I'm planning to apply this year.

Indian, Male, Engineer (Mechanical)
College - VIT Vellore, 8.11 cgpa (2016 batch)
GMAT - 640 existing. (Is it a good enough score considering my profile? or shall I increase it further in upcoming month?)

Experience: ~5 years of experience in Product/Brand Management

1. Product Manager | Getinge Medical | German healthcare MNC | (HO, Mumbai, India)
-Responsible to developing new offering in Operation theaters and providing solutions to different hospitals in Europe and middle east.
-Responsible for upstream marketing of new products.

2. Assistant Product Manager | Godrej & Boyce - ~1.8 years (a $1300Mn CPG company, based in Mumbai, India)
-Responsible for launching new products and expansion of overall business Pan India. Leading $50Mn category business, in varied segments.

3. Marketing Coordinator - Brand Management | SC Johnson products Pvt Ltd. - 2.5 years (American FMCG - with $200Mn Business in India)
-Contributed in overall business expansion pan India for 3 segments, Shoe care, Air Care and Home Cleaning.
-Led the launch of 3 key products in India
-Contributed significantly for the launch of Vanish toilet cleaner in Sri Lanka market.

Extra curricular:
1. Part of an NGO 'Partham foundation'
2. Media and Marketing Head at an NGO (2013-2015)
3. Sponsorship Manager at University's National Tech fest (2015-2016)
4. Won Online Photography contest at IIT Madras (among 7000 participants)
5. Worked as a freelance photography tutor at Bookmyshow.com (2015-2016)

Immediate/Short Term goals: - To work in a CPG/Healthcare giant as a Product/Brand Manager

Long Term Goals: - To grow within the organization to reach at a CXO position (preferably CMO) or Leading the business of a runner Brand at a Global scale.

Thanks for your evaluation. Really appreciate. :)

Regards,
Sahil
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I have an admit for the Jan '22 intake, since my work permit will be one year, how do I apply for PR? Can I start the process before arriving in Canada? I have a bachelors degree and 4 years work ex from India.
If not, if I am to apply for PR after my MBA, is it possible to get PR within the one year of my work permit? If not, how do I extend my work permit? What are my options? As far as i understand, if I start my program in January ‘22 I am eligible to start my PR process in June ‘22 under the Ontario PNP? I get a year of work permit means from January ‘23 till January ‘24 so I have time from June ‘22-January ‘24 to get my PR approved. Is this correct?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Planning on applying in 2024-2025 what ks the lowest gmat score they accept?

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts