Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Question about Bocconi Master's applications rounds [#permalink]
Guys is it true that you need work ex for all programs of boconni? Being a Masters program I find it quite odd as others have no such requirement.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
IApple
No, you don't necessarily need work experience, but it enhances your profile.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I went to their website & checked. It specifically mentions minimum 2 years work ex for mim & mcf. Can you please tell me which program are you talking about that doesn't need work ex?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You do mean the regular Master in Management, right? not the SDA Bocconi but the Bocconi University?
I enrolled to the MiM for this year with only 15 months of work experience and can't remember to see any requirements for 2 years either. I think it actually said maximum of 2 years wx instead?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh yeah my bad. I was confusing sda with Boconni university. I now realise that the mim program of sda is taught in italian language 😅. Congratulations man for your admit. May I know what were the reasons for you choosing Boconni’s & which other programs did you apply to?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I feel like the Bocconi offers the best combination of a good uni, good ranking, international reputation and quality of life in the city. Also the price is manageable, while a 710 gmat could probably also get me into some US B schools, their pricing is ridiculous and I don't plan on being in debt for many years after my masters.

So it was my number one choice, but I did also apply to the Frankfurt school, as I am from Germany. Other than that only the SSE and Catolica. I planned a few more but didn't need to as I already heard back from Bocconi at that time.

Frankfurt school gave me a yes, Catolica gave me a no surprisingly, SSE invited me to their assessment center, but I declined.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wow great! Btw which program did you apply to in sse & what assessment are they talking about? Is it the in person interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied to their flagship international management program. It’s quite nice, but I like life in Italy a lot more😅 Sweden’s winter is rather depressing and combined with a short summer just not for me.

But yea, they have another test and interview. Just don’t see the point of that - you already study hard for the GMAT and then need to do another test?? Interview is alright, usually you just gotta give them a good impression and Show that you aren’t just brains but also have decent social skills.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Lol another test after gmat😂 Ig this school has major trust issues with gmat! Anyway gl man. Btw what is the avg salary of this boconni program like? Also I heard that if you wanna work in Italy you might wanna learn Italian.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't really know what the average salary is, but I would probably move to the US anyways. But yea for sure, im also learning Italian just for the 2 years there :) gotta communicate somehow and I heard they don't speak too much English outside of the uni
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nice! Which role are you seeking after your graduation in US? Do you think boconni is well respected in US?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ESSEC (D)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Hello peeps!
I'm applying for the Bocconi Masters in Management (General).
I had a case of bad sore throat all week and basically botched my Kira Interview.
Do you think I could apply w/o it and stand a chance with 690 GMAT and solid extracurrics and 3 years Big 4 work experience? How "strongly" is the video IV recommended?

Also would it be terrible to leave the application unfinished and create an account with a new mail to giving it another shot next round?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts