It is currently 20 Apr 2018, 09:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question for those who interviewed at Sloan

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Question for those who interviewed at Sloan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Mar 2018, 08:24
I had an interview last week and I did not get any behavioral questions at all. No "what changed since last application?", no "why Sloan?", no "how will you contribute?".
Every single question was resume-based.

Did anyone else have a similar experience? Should I be worried?

Originally posted by Itz on 14 Mar 2018, 07:47.
Last edited by Itz on 14 Mar 2018, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GRE 1: 325 Q166 V159
GPA: 3.51
Premium Member
Re: Question for those who interviewed at Sloan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 08:07
Itz wrote:
I had an interview last week and I did not get any behavioral questions at all. No "what change since last application?", no "why Sloan?", no "how will you contribute?".

I think maybe this just means they didn't have any questions about your application. I also didn't get any clarification questions about my application (just got asked what has changed since I last submitted my application - very first question I got asked). Otherwise, it wasn't particularly focused on "why sloan" etc. Definitely bulk of interview was focused on "tell me about a time when" and then digging into those a bit more. I wouldn't be worried!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 08:28
amunster25 wrote:
Itz wrote:
I had an interview last week and I did not get any behavioral questions at all. No "what change since last application?", no "why Sloan?", no "how will you contribute?".

I think maybe this just means they didn't have any questions about your application. I also didn't get any clarification questions about my application (just got asked what has changed since I last submitted my application - very first question I got asked). Otherwise, it wasn't particularly focused on "why sloan" etc. Definitely bulk of interview was focused on "tell me about a time when" and then digging into those a bit more. I wouldn't be worried!

See, that's exactly why I'm worried - I didn't get any of the "tell me about a time when" or digging questions like you did, even though Dawna mentioned in her video that's one of the parts of the interviews. Mine was purely application based. I didn't even get a "what else should I know" type of question, so couldn't add anything in the end either.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GRE 1: 325 Q166 V159
GPA: 3.51
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 08:37
Itz - But because the interviews aren't blind, I think there can be a lot of variation from person to person based on the application. The interview is a way for them to get to know you more, so if you've already somehow done a good job of showing them those things in other parts of your application, they may not need to ask you as much of those types of questions? I also think that they're so experienced at interviewing that there has to be a reason they ask you what they do and they can still extract information about you from other types of questions, so don't worry!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 08:40
amunster25 wrote:
Itz - But because the interviews aren't blind, I think there can be a lot of variation from person to person based on the application. The interview is a way for them to get to know you more, so if you've already somehow done a good job of showing them those things in other parts of your application, they may not need to ask you as much of those types of questions? I also think that they're so experienced at interviewing that there has to be a reason they ask you what they do and they can still extract information about you from other types of questions, so don't worry!

Surely hope so! Thanks!
Re: Question for those who interviewed at Sloan   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2018, 08:40

Question for those who interviewed at Sloan

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap