GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Jun 2019, 19:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Question on Scholarships

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Question on Scholarships  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 19:50
Hey everyone,

Had a quick question that I was hoping someone on the forum might be able to answer. Was thrilled and humbled to received an alumni scholarship from NYU Stern upon admission, in the amount of $60,000, for the first year of study.

I was also offered a full-tuition scholarship to another, peer program however, and so in weighing my decision, I couldn't help but wonder what, if any scholarship aid I might be able to receive for the second year at Stern. In talking with Admissions/Financial Aid, there is additional scholarship money awarded for second-year students, but it's not determined/awarded until the summer following the first year.

As you all will likely understand, it's challenging to make a decision with certainty in one offer, and a lot of unknows regarding the other. Does anyone, by any chance, happen to know how frequently such scholarships at NYU Stern are renewed for the second year? Or how frequently such recipients receive additional aid? Just trying to have as much of an understanding of the proverbial "odds" as possible, before making a final call. Having that same amount of aid for year two, rather than having to pay the full $70,000 tuition, obviously is a big factor in any decision.

If anyone might have any added info, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern '21 (A)
Re: Question on Scholarships  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2019, 11:55
SternAdmit18 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Had a quick question that I was hoping someone on the forum might be able to answer. Was thrilled and humbled to received an alumni scholarship from NYU Stern upon admission, in the amount of $60,000, for the first year of study.

I was also offered a full-tuition scholarship to another, peer program however, and so in weighing my decision, I couldn't help but wonder what, if any scholarship aid I might be able to receive for the second year at Stern. In talking with Admissions/Financial Aid, there is additional scholarship money awarded for second-year students, but it's not determined/awarded until the summer following the first year.

As you all will likely understand, it's challenging to make a decision with certainty in one offer, and a lot of unknows regarding the other. Does anyone, by any chance, happen to know how frequently such scholarships at NYU Stern are renewed for the second year? Or how frequently such recipients receive additional aid? Just trying to have as much of an understanding of the proverbial "odds" as possible, before making a final call. Having that same amount of aid for year two, rather than having to pay the full $70,000 tuition, obviously is a big factor in any decision.

I'm in the same position - did you ever find out about how frequent it is to get a renewed scholarship for the second year if you are a recipient for the first year? Financial Aid wasn't much help...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2019, 06:06
ch1mp wrote:
SternAdmit18 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm in the same position - did you ever find out about how frequent it is to get a renewed scholarship for the second year if you are a recipient for the first year? Financial Aid wasn't much help...

Yeah, I'm trying to talk to financial aid one last time, but I get the sense that unfortunately, the reality is simply going to be that the 2nd year scholarship remains unknown, and you just have to dive in, not knowing if there'll be any additional support. (Which is truly less than ideal, obviously, but I don't think there's any sort of assurances coming.)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 05:09
SternAdmit18 wrote:
ch1mp wrote:
SternAdmit18 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Yeah, I'm trying to talk to financial aid one last time, but I get the sense that unfortunately, the reality is simply going to be that the 2nd year scholarship remains unknown, and you just have to dive in, not knowing if there'll be any additional support. (Which is truly less than ideal, obviously, but I don't think there's any sort of assurances coming.)

You have to blindly hope that everything will be fine. Or try to clarify with the responsible.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Question on Scholarships   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2019, 05:09

Question on Scholarships

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439