It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 13:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Re admission

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re admission  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 21:22
Hello, I am looking to apply to an MBA school in Toronto.

Q: What happnes if you get denied/rejected from the school I.e poor interview. Can you reapply again to that school again admission?

Ty

VP
VP
P

Kudos [?]: 298 [0], given: 165

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Re admission [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 02:29
malibhai wrote:

Q: What happnes if you get denied/rejected from the school I.e poor interview. Can you reapply again to that school again admission?

Ty

You must demonstrate new things in the re-admission. such as new GMAT score, promotion or new role or new achievements. new skills acquired.....etc. Also, you must revisit your essays. Maybe it was weak and unclear, especially your short and long term goals. If you gets an interview, so try to rehearse an interview with someone. read more about the questions asked. learn how to convey clear response in limited time.

Good luck

Kudos [?]: 298 [0], given: 165

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 18:07
Yes, you can re-apply just not in the same admissions cycle aka for the same admissions class. So you would have to apply for admissions in the following class. There will be expectations that something is materially different from the application package you submitted in the prior years so do a deep dive on your dinged submission to evaluate what levers you need to improve or changed.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 18:16
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Yes, you can re-apply just not in the same admissions cycle aka for the same admissions class. So you would have to apply for admissions in the following class. There will be expectations that something is materially different from the application package you submitted in the prior years so do a deep dive on your dinged submission to evaluate what levers you need to improve or changed.

Hello, thank you. As you mentioned there be expectations that "something is different" from your initial application, if your gmat is already competive should one still write it again?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 18:25
I would say if your GMAT is firmly above the avg score at the school with a semi balanced split I would not focus on your GMAT. So probably no need to retake, I would look at the other touchpoints in the application - essays, resume, work experience, extra curriculars, recommendations, career goals and make sure you represented yourself as well as possible in these areas

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 18:28
Mo2men wrote:
malibhai wrote:

Ty

You must demonstrate new things in the re-admission. such as new GMAT score, promotion or new role or new achievements. new skills acquired.....etc. Also, you must revisit your essays. Maybe it was weak and unclear, especially your short and long term goals. If you gets an interview, so try to rehearse an interview with someone. read more about the questions asked. learn how to convey clear response in limited time.

Good luck

Hey thank you !

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 18:30
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
I would say if your GMAT is firmly above the avg score at the school with a semi balanced split I would not focus on your GMAT. So probably no need to retake, I would look at the other touchpoints in the application - essays, resume, work experience, extra curriculars, recommendations, career goals and make sure you represented yourself as well as possible in these areas

Thank you so much! I'm lookinh at schools. Again this situation has not happned to me, but just wanted to if we could still apply to school we have been rejected from. Thank you once again!

Re: Re admission   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2017, 18:30

Re admission

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap