Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:13 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Repeated questions between the GMAT Club/Manhattan and OG Mocks? [#permalink]
Quote:
If you've only seen repeated questions on Mock 1 and 2, there is a chance you did questions that were tagged GMAT Prep on gmatclub, for example.

Thank you, I will keep this in mind while solving practice questions. GmatKnightTutor

Quote:
i faced this situation as well a couple days ago when i was giving the mock test 2.
I think the problem is not excluding gmat prep and official questions from the forum practices.
Exclude them when you are selecting the source of questions.

I normally select only OG questions since the source is verified. PrathameshRaj112
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22074 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: Repeated questions between the GMAT Club/Manhattan and OG Mocks? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi rohan3993,

Considering you mentioned that anxiety and time management are issues for you, here are a few great articles you can check out:

How to Eliminate GMAT Test-Day Anxiety

Timing Strategies For a Higher GMAT Quant Score
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you ScottTargetTestPrep. Both articles provided valuable information.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64978 [1]
Given Kudos: 428
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rohan3993 wrote:
Hi,

While doing the Official mocks 1-4, I noticed that many questions are similar to questions on various forums, prep classes, etc. This gives an inflated score, especially in Verbal since I already know those answers, which gives me more time for the other questions. Since I have only the 5th and 6th mocks remaining I wanted to know if I solve all the GMAT club tests and Manhattan tests will there be any repeat questions from these mocks that I will see on the Official mock 5 and 6? My Official mock results are as follows:
Mock 1 - 750(Q49, V44) - Many repeated questions.
Mock 2 - 760(Q49, V44) - Many repeated questions.
Mock 3 - 690(Q48, V36)
Mock 4 - 670(Q47, V34)

Actual Exam - 650(Q42, V38) on 19/07/2023

Time management and test anxiety have been my biggest weaknesses so far and to improve my ability I have enrolled in both the GMAT Club and Manhattan mocks. I was wondering if I complete those mocks before the official mocks will I again face the issue of repeated questions? I plan to write the exam by the end of September based on my Mock 5 and 6 scores. Target score is 730.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone who spends a lot of time on the forum is likely to see familiar questions on the GMAT practice test. To ensure that the test taker is comfortable with the GMAT language, test prep companies do frame questions very similar to official questions. Also, one would have run into many actual official practice test questions so some are bound to be 'repeats' so to say. You will likely see some repeats in Practice tests 5 and 6 too though fewer, I would say.

Instead of focusing on the score you get from practice tests, focus on figuring out your weaknesses and on time management. Even if you know the answer to a particular question on the practice test, solve it fully. You will develop time management skills. Evaluate the test very well after taking it and figure out the topics in which you need to work more. Then work on them. Don't worry too much about your scores in these tests. They have important things to teach you and you should focus on those. Here's a post from my blog which you will likely find useful:

https://anaprep.com/blog-category/test-strategies/

Also, get your ESR. It could be very useful (though not necessarily). If your section score is very low in places and quite high in others, that could help you figure out what to focus on.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi KarishmaB, thanks for the advice. In your article you mentioned taking Veritas Prep tests for practice, do you recommend them over the other tests available?
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64978 [1]
Given Kudos: 428
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rohan3993 wrote:
Hi KarishmaB, thanks for the advice. In your article you mentioned taking Veritas Prep tests for practice, do you recommend them over the other tests available?

I need to update that article! Veritas tests are not available anymore. When they were available, they were quite reliable. They did a good job of helping you figure out your weaknesses.

As for other prep company tests, I have not evaluated them personally so I cannot comment. We do have 6 official practice tests available these days and taken twice, I think they serve the purpose quite well.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Just FYI - you can reset tests one and two several times and take them about repeating questions. You cannot do that however to the Tests three, four, five and six. They only have enough questions for a single test and not one question more.

Also it seems the OP has already taken the official test and ran into repeat issues…

The only other recommendation would be to try the new GMAT focus practice test. They have brand new questions. The Quant score should be somewhat accurate and verbal score is a little tricky to tell because it will not contain any sentence correction questions… but if there’s nothing else, you can try these or Experts Global mocks should be also decent… you should be able to take one for free I believe.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi bb,

Thanks for the response.

I was planning on registering for the GMAT Club tests for added practice. I noticed the GMAT Club tests have a fixed set of practice questions. If I were to solve all the sectional Quant and Verbal tests, would I face an issue with repeat questions during the Full Adaptive tests? I want to make the most out of the practice tests.
GMAT Club Bot