Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 20 Jul 2019, 03:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Review time. 1 Month leading up to next scheduled Official

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
P
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 3: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 2.61
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
CAT Tests
Review time. 1 Month leading up to next scheduled Official  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2019, 00:37
I find myself walking a fine line between progression on weak topics, answering new questions from the remaining questions in Magoosh and Question Pack 1, or filtered questions on the forums.

I intend on dissecting my error log again as I've infrequently reviewed / redone errors with the primary focus being verbal.
I just wanted to gauge how effective you guys have found your review process?

+1 Kudos if you like my post pls!
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Review time. 1 Month leading up to next scheduled Official  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2019, 08:13
No denying the fact that reviewing GMAT practices tests is the most tedious part of GMAT prep. Most test takers, including me, do not review practice tests and therefore continue making the same mistakes repeatedly, leading to no score improvement in subsequent tests. I see your official score ranges from 560 to 650; therefore, you probably do not need to learn a new concept. At this point, you have to fine tune the weak areas while maintaining your optimum performance at your strong areas. I would highly encourage you to review each and every question after taking a practices test; make sure to review both incorrect and correct questions. All the best.

Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes
Director
Director
P
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2019, 14:32
DisciplinedPrep I review every test, practice or mini tests from chapters. I was referring to reviewing flash cards, error logs and content

Posted from my mobile device

Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2019, 19:00
You ask a great question. Review definitely is a significant component of successful GMAT prep. As you know by now, there is a ton of information that must be mastered for the GMAT, so if you don’t review, you likely will forget key concepts and principles, right? I think it’s great that you’ve created flash cards and are regularly reviewing them as you progress through your studies. In addition to flash cards and notes review, doing mixed problem sets of past topics is a good way to review old concepts and ensure that nothing has slipped through the cracks. We actually make a major point of having TTP students complete various review quizzes and tests (as you know very well) as they progress through our course.

So, keep up with hard work, my friend, and feel free to reach out to me directly with any further questions. Let’s do this!!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Director
Director
P
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2019, 19:02
Thanks man. I know i dumped this question onto reddit also.

I'm going to focus more on review of incorrect questions, and then target practice on those topics- particularly for verbal

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Review time. 1 Month leading up to next scheduled Official   [#permalink] 25 Jun 2019, 19:02

Review time. 1 Month leading up to next scheduled Official

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep